Madge is going to London/France, can we say hi or something?

Non-neopets general discussion.
EofS

Re: Madge is going to London/France, can we say hi or someth

Post by EofS »

I've got the 11th of May protected so they can't make me work it, so I can confirm I can come on that day. Shall we do this thing?
Fury

Post by Fury »

EofS wrote:I've got the 11th of May protected so they can't make me work it, so I can confirm I can come on that day. Shall we do this thing?
Yeahhh we really should! I can definitely come on the 11th too!
Madge

Post by Madge »

Yes we shall! I'm in the process of booking accommodation in West Kensington through airbnb. I have no idea what I'm doing :D
Madge

Post by Madge »

Update: Just a reminder this thread exists and we are all presumably still on for the 11th of May. We should work out a venue. Does anyone know enough to know a place that would be good? I assume some sort of friendly cafe for tea and biscuits, possibly followed by dinner would be a good idea? Or something "more exciting", like going bowling (I haven't been bowling for years so this is a half-hearted suggestion)?

We've booked our accommodation through airbnb, staying at a place near the Baron's Court station. Our flight lands at 1:15pm local time (which is 11pm "my" time, and since I tend to go to sleep at 10pm I will be very cranky) on the 9th of May. Apparently jet lag is going to really be fucking with us, but hopefully we'll be mostly recovered by the 11th. I imagine us climbing into a taxi/train semi-comatose after spending the hours I hear London immigration queues take, somehow arrive at our accommodation, and fall asleep at about 6pm, waking up at 6am the following morning and laughing in the face of jet lag. This may be a bit optimistic?
Jazzy
Devil's Advocate

Post by Jazzy »

Don't bother catching a taxi unless you arrive after midnight - assuming you're coming in to Heathrow, Baron's Court is on a direct Tube line from Heathrow (Piccadilly line, dark blue). It'll save you a lot of money. I'd also recommend buying an Oyster card if no-one's already mentioned that because you're otherwise going to get a bit sick of paying £4.50 for every single journey you make...

Should I perhaps make a usergroup and board for this so we can discuss where exactly we're meeting and do things like post photos so we'll recognise each other? If anyone is planning to come, post here, and I'll add you in.
EofS

Post by EofS »

Me me pick me! I've kept that day deliberately wedding free (to the point of having my final dress fitting the next weekend - which is only a fortnight before the big day, so it had best fit) so I'm definitely there.
hebdenhippy
Human Avatar: 235278

Post by hebdenhippy »

I'm free that day so I'd still like to come :D
Fury

Post by Fury »

It's in my diary, I'm looking forward to it! :D
Jazzy
Devil's Advocate

Post by Jazzy »

I've added everyone who's asked so far plus Madge and Miguel - any other UK/nearby members interested? Kantark, Marah, etc? I have asked Daisy and she's unfortunately unable to come (but would have liked to). The board is listed on the index once you're added to the usergroup.
Kantark

Post by Kantark »

I'd like to come along, even if just to say hi before leaving you youngsters to enjoy yourselves ; -)
Neopets: sparkygoesforth, decommissioned, nightfall, LiveJournal:kantark, Last.FM:Kantark
Marah
Human Avatar: 506145

Post by Marah »

I have been following this thread and I would love to come, but can't afford to go to London for a day right now :(
If it would have been an option, I would have loved to've joined everybody!
thelonetiel
Human Avatar: 15268

Post by thelonetiel »

Can I just say, JEALOUS.