We had the best time at the London Meetup 2013, just sayin'

Non-neopets general discussion.
Madge

We had the best time at the London Meetup 2013, just sayin'

Post by Madge »

Just want to thank Jazzy, Miguel, eofs, hebdenhippy and fury for hanging out with me and Paul all day today! We just got back to our room and it was pretty neat to see you. IT was like having instant friends in a foreign country!!

On our way back we walked past margavine cemetary (not sure how to spell it), and there was a gent in a zebra onesie trying to help a lass in a tiger onesie get over the fence. This is relevant to our discussions.

I would also like to say that I would genuinely like to see a werewolf game be played on this forum again, now I'm addicted to playing on the xkcd fora.

Special thanks to hebdenhippy for throwing money at me, miguel for allowing my darling Paul to pee, and fury for some gammon (that stuff is good).

I am sure a more interesting account and possibly photos will be posted in due time. For now, I'm going to take a well-earned sleep and rest my tired little footsies!!!
Jazzy
Devil's Advocate

Re: We had the best time at the London Meetup 2013, just say

Post by Jazzy »

I would also like to say how much I enjoyed the day, and explain that the reason for the jungle-themed outfits was there was a fancy-dress rugby match going on. Hooray for knowledge!
hebdenhippy
Human Avatar: 235278

Post by hebdenhippy »

Was great to meet you guys! I had a really fun day, we'll definitely have to have some more meet-ups in the future.
Fury

Post by Fury »

hebdenhippy wrote:Was great to meet you guys! I had a really fun day, we'll definitely have to have some more meet-ups in the future.
We must!

I really enjoyed myself, it was great to meet everybody and put a face to the names I've been conversing with for about 7 years!

Thanks again for bringing back all of those tim-tams and chocolates Madge, the next week is going to be spent in a sugar-induced coma... I can't wait.

(And it was rather neat to talk about Neopets - just saying pet names out loud is a novelty as it's a pleasure I generally keep to myself!)
Marah
Human Avatar: 506145

Post by Marah »

I so, so hope I can join in a meet up some day. I spent yesterday at work :( Would have loved to have been in London! Have fun in Lausanne Madge, the old part of the city is pretty. Are you going to visit Geneve as well?
Miguel

Post by Miguel »

Yesterday was fantastic - I know I'm a bit more of a stranger with the not-playing-Neopets-any-more, but you guys were great. And you put up with me geeking out in the Science Museum :)

Definitely agree that another meetup would be good, try to get some who couldn't make it this time too. Seconding the WW reboot idea too, but I really don't have time to run one :(

Ohmygodsomuchchocolate.
Many thanks to EofS for the avatar and signature images.
Madge

Post by Madge »

Marah - yes, we'll be in Geneve ovenight to see CERN. And then to Lausanne! Hopefully Paul will pick up some French by then....

Here's a couple of photos, two from the meetup (taken by Miguel), and one from today when I got to see the Crystal Palace dinosaurs:
http://imgur.com/a/ADn2L
(the big blue bag under my arm was full of tim tams and whanot!!!! it was so heavy...)

Some group photos were taken but not with my camera, eofs should upload them for us sometime soon??

We also went to the British Museum and saw the egyptian stuff (and some of the greek) - very cool. Then we went to the "Punjabi" indian restaurant, which is meant to be raelly good, but it was kind of meh. Nice enough, btu didnt' wow us.....
Kantark

Post by Kantark »

So gutted I missed you guys (and the chance to geek out at the Science Museum). The builders finally left late this afternoon. Grrrr...
Neopets: sparkygoesforth, decommissioned, nightfall, LiveJournal:kantark, Last.FM:Kantark
Madge

Post by Madge »

Aaand now I'm back home and feeling somewhat jetlagged all over again! Thanks again for hanging out with me guys, you're the best. We had such an awesome time!
EofS

Post by EofS »

Glad you made it home safely.

Sorry I've been rubbish at getting pictures online - everything got utterly frantic in the run up to the wedding. Hopefully will get back to reality soon and get them posted.