So I have this thing now

Non-neopets general discussion.
Fury

Re: So I have this thing now

Post by Fury »

That's pretty awesome, congrats! Dobermans are one of my favourite dog breeds, I think they're beautiful.
Madge

Post by Madge »

Omg, Ziggy!! I (We?) haven't seen you in forever. Where have you been?! WHy did you abandon us!?!!!?

Did you know I have pet rats now and I got them basically because of how awesome all your rats seemed to me during my teenage years!?????? They are a lot more work than I expected, even knowing pretty well what I was getting myself into!! So yes! You inspired me!!

Dobermen are badass dogs. I especially love the tini mini versions because they're adorable, but the big versions are so majestic and have that kind of intimidating look to them that tells you not to mess with them. (I think I just love "dangerous" looking dogs because we all know they're not actually dangerous.... greyhounds, pit bulls, dobermen, they're just all about subverting expectations)
Cranberry
Human Avatar: 183848

Post by Cranberry »

Miniature Pinschers are not mini dobes, actually... they are the (much) older breed. The German Pinscher is also a separate breed and is not a miniaturized dobe or a larger minpin.

Handsome dog, Ziggy. I like dobes a lot, although it's weird for me to see them with natural ears and tail!
thelonetiel
Human Avatar: 15268

Post by thelonetiel »

Cranberry wrote:I like dobes a lot, although it's weird for me to see them with natural ears and tail!
I couldn't figure out why the pretty dog didn't register as "doberman" to me until you said this. I'm sure I've seen natural dobes before, I'm just not sure I recognized them as such.

But, ohmygosh, that's a really gorgeous dog! Do want! I'm loving the tail chase pictures and everything.

I got to play fetch with a giant black lab/great dane mix the other day - I really miss having big doggies around!
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

That's so wonderful! I'm jealous, I'm going crazy with no pets at the moment. Dresden looks so happy and handsome, it's wonderful!
Image Image
Ziggy

Post by Ziggy »

Madge wrote:Omg, Ziggy!! I (We?) haven't seen you in forever. Where have you been?! WHy did you abandon us!?!!!?

Did you know I have pet rats now and I got them basically because of how awesome all your rats seemed to me during my teenage years!?????? They are a lot more work than I expected, even knowing pretty well what I was getting myself into!! So yes! You inspired me!!
Hahaha, I just don't really play neopets anymore, thats mainly it. I got tired of the freezing for no reason, and how expensive everything became, it just wasn't fun any more due to that. They may have rectified that since, though.

We have 49 rats now :o I think the amount of work they are doesn't really register with me any more because Im so used to it, its just become routine. If I'd never had anything to do with rats and suddenly had 49 dumped on me, I think I'd go mad!

Its weird, because some people don't recognise Dresden as a dobe, even in this country where we have banned tail docking for about 10 years, and ear cropping hasn't been permitted since well before my lifetime either. I think the tail throws people here, even though its been banned for a while, some people still kinda think of a dobe as being docked, plus....he's pretty big, had someone ask if he was a great dane :shock:
Kantark

Post by Kantark »

Impressive dog, Ziggy :-) And nice to hear from you again after so long too!
Neopets: sparkygoesforth, decommissioned, nightfall, LiveJournal:kantark, Last.FM:Kantark