NC Holiday Card Exchange 2013!

Non-neopets general discussion.
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

NC Holiday Card Exchange 2013!

Post by Jessi »

Happy 6th year of the NC Holiday Card Exchange! I forgot to post this thread earlier, ack, so hopefully everyone will see it!

For those of you that don't know - or simply haven't participated before! - every year a few of us NCers run a Holiday card exchange where we ship out cards to everyone who wants to participate. It's a LOT of fun and we always get cards from all over the world - you are allowed to participate regardless of where you live!

The rules are simple, so here it goes!

1) You will receive a list of every participant to send a card to (it's not like a Secret Santa where you get one person). Please remember, however, that these people are trusting you with their real names and addresses - please do NOT do anything stupid with this list!

2) Please do not sign up for the card exchange if you don't intend to follow through. It'd be really unfair if you get 30 cards from people but don't send out any yourself.

3) Because sending out addresses to people is Serious Business, you must have 100 non-spam posts in a variety of forums (so not just the Subeta new colors forum, or something - basically, we want everyone to know you) and you must have been a member of Neocolours for at least six months. I know these seem strict, but like I said - addresses. We want it to be a little strict.

To participate:
Please copy and paste the following into a PM for me and fill it out with the appropriate information:
CODE: SELECT ALL
NC Username:
Full Name + Address (include country, please!):
Special Instructions:

I've cleaned out my PM box in anticipation of participants!

Special Instructions can include things like if you need the cards mailed by a certain date to reach you or anything like that. In the past it's been used to include if you don't want a religious card, but in the past I don't think anyone here has gotten a very religious card... so I assume it's not a problem. Feel free to note it if you want, however, or anything else!

Signups will end on December 1st, unless I hear otherwise that this is too late and we should extend it! People from oversees, please let me know.

I think that's about it! If you have any questions, post here. Or PM me. Or whatever, most of you know how to hunt me down in some way xD

Also, feel free to post on the the thread if you're going to be joining, or for general discussion! We usually hang out here to discuss the cards we get anyway.
Joey
Secret Ninja Mod
Human Avatar: 166931

Re: NC Holiday Card Exchange 2013!

Post by Joey »

I went and bought my cards early this year! No late cards from me this time! Muwahahahaha!
EofS

Post by EofS »

Yay! I've been meaning to ask if we were doing this again. *Happy dance*

Last posting date from the UK to the US is the 13th, to Europe it's the 14th. And Australia it's the 5th - but I'm sure they're just being cautious there. So a deadline of the 1st seems reasonable.
Jessi

Post by Jessi »

Have four people (besides myself and E - E send your stuff!) in that are interested so far, so YAY a little interest is still... SOME interest!

Who else wants to participate? It's always a lot of fun <3
Katy... :)

Post by Katy... :) »

Come on peeps!
It's the first year I'm around to participate. You know you want to too!!
krbs86
I will always be a blue evil fuzzle.
Madge

Post by Madge »

My main worry was "OH MY GOD INTERNATIONAL STAMPS WILL COST ME A THOUSAND DOLLARS", but if there's only 6 cards to send then that's fine. I'll put myself on the list why not!!!!

My arbitrary cut-off is sending 10 international cards, just in case this becomes super popular for some reason.
EofS

Post by EofS »

Done! Sorry for being late - like I am every year ;0)
Marah
Human Avatar: 506145

Post by Marah »

Am I still on time?
Madge

Post by Madge »

I haven't got anyone's addresses yet so I think if you PM the details off to Jessi you'll probably squeak in there :-)
Marah
Human Avatar: 506145

Post by Marah »

I Pm-ed allready! completely missed the part where it is almost december, gah!
Jessi

Post by Jessi »

Haha! Yes, just two more days to sign up!
Jessi

Post by Jessi »

Sorry for the delay, guys - Sending these out right now!
Madge

Post by Madge »

Woohoo! I'll have to get my cards sent off ASAP so they arrive in time for y'all. I feel all by myself in this faraway realm :-P
Katy... :)

Post by Katy... :) »

Done! Gonna try to get them in the mail tomorrow. :)
krbs86
I will always be a blue evil fuzzle.
Madge

Post by Madge »

I have currently written three cards and will finish the rest and send them off today or tomorrow. I am not really sure what to write so I just kind of rambled!

I had a lot of fun finding the right packet of cards to send to y'all, and when I went to the post office for stamps they were out of international christmas stamps (cards are 5c cheaper to post) so I just got the 5c more expensive stamps which are far more adorable.

Of course at the same time I wanted to buy some domestic christmas card stamps for family, but the only stamps they had had a religious picture on them, so I went with the 5c more expensive stamps because I did not want those. Of course I take them home and they're "australian farming" themed stamps, which includes a stamp for "beef cattle" and a stamp for "wool sheep". My partners are vegans so that's really, really hilarious too. Fortunately there's a stamp for oranges, a stamp for sugar cane, and a third stamp that I've forgotten about that's probably for potatoes or something boring yet delicious like that.