NC Holiday Card Exchange 2015??

Non-neopets general discussion.
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

NC Holiday Card Exchange 2015??

Post by Jessi »

I know I am very late in getting this up this year, due to lots of real life issues... but does anyone still want to participate this year? I am always really happy to send out cards, so I'd definitely like to :) I'll go ahead and just post all the info in case people are interested and we can try to get the ball rolling!

For those of you that don't know - or simply haven't participated before! - every year a few of us NCers run a Holiday card exchange where we ship out cards to everyone who wants to participate. It's a LOT of fun and we always get cards from all over the world - you are allowed to participate regardless of where you live!

The rules are simple, so here it goes!

1) You will receive a list of every participant to send a card to (it's not like a Secret Santa where you get one person). Please remember, however, that these people are trusting you with their real names and addresses - please do NOT do anything stupid with this list!

2) Please do not sign up for the card exchange if you don't intend to follow through. It'd be really unfair if you get 30 cards from people but don't send out any yourself.

3) Because sending out addresses to people is Serious Business, you must have 100 non-spam posts in a variety of forums (so not just the Subeta new colors forum, or something - basically, we want everyone to know you) and you must have been a member of Neocolours for at least six months. I know these seem strict, but like I said - addresses. We want it to be a little strict.

To participate:
Please copy and paste the following into a PM for me and fill it out with the appropriate information:

Code: Select all

[b]NC Username:[/b]
[b]Full Name + Address (include country, please!):[/b]
[b]Special Instructions:[/b]
I've cleaned out my PM box in anticipation of participants!

Special Instructions can include things like if you need the cards mailed by a certain date to reach you or anything like that. In the past it's been used to include if you don't want a religious card, but in the past I don't think anyone here has gotten a very religious card... so I assume it's not a problem. Feel free to note it if you want, however, or anything else!

Signups will end on December 1st, which isn't very much time from now -- my apologies, everyone!

I think that's about it! If you have any questions, post here. Or PM me. Or whatever, most of you know how to hunt me down in some way.

Also, feel free to post on the the thread if you're going to be joining, or for general discussion! We usually hang out here to discuss the cards we get anyway.
thelonetiel
Human Avatar: 15268

Re: NC Holiday Card Exchange 2015??

Post by thelonetiel »

This was really fun last year - I gave out a bunch of cards to friends and family too while I was making them. Definitely up for doing that again this year!
Joey
Secret Ninja Mod
Human Avatar: 166931

Post by Joey »

Yes please! Definitely want to do this again and possibly break my streak of being super duper late with sending out cards :3
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Post by Seerow »

Ack I'm glad I saw this post! I was just thinking about this last night before bed hah.
I'll go post over on the NC thread on Subeta and hopefully more people will join in :)
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.
EofS

Post by EofS »

Oh shit, how did I miss this! Especially when I have wondered more than once about it whilst walking home from work... Good job I spotted it in time.

Aka, hell yes.
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

Post by Jessi »

Sending out this info tonight or tomorrow guys! Sorry for the slight delay <3
Madge

Post by Madge »

Just want to say I'm sorry for not participating but I'm really miserly these days and international postage for me is like $3!!! ugh