Just curious about AX

Non-neopets general discussion.

AX...

I have heard of it and I'm totally going..
3%
I have head of it and want to go...
5%
I've heard of it and don't care...
11%
I've never heard about it
82%

Total votes: 38

Joey
Secret Ninja Mod
Human Avatar: 166931

Post by Joey »

Hn. I hadn't known that Funimation had Slayers. Wonder what they'll do with it, seeing as it's already out on DVD...

And knowing that Viz hasn't licensed anything new leaves me warm and fuzzy. I despise Viz.
KasiTL

Post by KasiTL »

Funi's re-dubbing portions of Slayers (to correct errors and edits in the original dub, and possibly, but not comfirmed to my knowledge, to update two of the characters in the first 13 eps voices to the voices used for the rest of the series). They're currently "waiting on materials from Japan" last I heard, which could mean new bonus features, or better audio/video masters. Japan just released it to DVD recently, so they may have been waiting to see what Japan was doing for the R2 release. They have said that the sets for it will be competatively priced with the old sets, so it ought to be around $50 per season.
Funi picked up Slayers last year or earlier, actually.

Viz did license something. They got Train Man. It's a live action movie though. I'm not fond of Viz either, actually. :) But at least they're starting to subtitle songs again. Why the hell did they think they could get away with not subtitling songs?

I'm glad that ADV got Nerima Daikon Brothers. This means that Nabeshin's voice will stay the same as it was in Excel Saga. ^-^ And it's a musical!

I wonder if Bandai Ent will give us more .hack soundtracks with .hack//ROOTS. :) //SIGN came with four CDs across it's release, and //Legend of the Twilight came with one, so they need to bring over at least one.... *is a soundtrack whore*
Last Update: 8/09/06 - Some blue! And a poll! - Click sig to view.
Niptor

Re: Just curious about AX

Post by Niptor »

jessibean wrote:
Otakon is actually a LOT bigger than AX, one of the biggest cons in the world e_e Just wanted to clear that up.
Hmm I was fairly sure Anime Expo was still the biggest one in the country... I have not yet heard the figures for this year (though I can find out from a staff friend). Unless Otakon suddenly had a major influx of attendees in the last couple of years.
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

Re: Just curious about AX

Post by Jessi »

Niptor wrote: Hmm I was fairly sure Anime Expo was still the biggest one in the country... I have not yet heard the figures for this year (though I can find out from a staff friend). Unless Otakon suddenly had a major influx of attendees in the last couple of years.
I've always been under the impression Otakon was quite a bit bigger than AX. I've personally never been to AX, and I haven't been to Otakon in a few years due to lack of funds e_e If Orange Range is ever the band there, I'll just hitchhike to Baltimore, though. Either way, it HAS grown quite a bit in the past few years, it's a little overwhelming.
KasiTL

Post by KasiTL »

I've always heard that AX was the biggest of the two, with Otakon close behind.

Now, Otakon is hands down the biggest one on the east coast....
Last Update: 8/09/06 - Some blue! And a poll! - Click sig to view.
Niptor

Post by Niptor »

AX had 41,000 attendees this year apparently.
Otakon definitely is the biggest one on the east coast but i think AX is still bigger overall. Man I remember when AX breaking 5k back in like, 2000 was phenominal haha.