I remove my hair in a different manner.
8%
I do not remove my body hair.
11%

Total votes: 89

Illuen

Hair Removal!

Post by Illuen »

Okay, because this forum has no boundaries, and the topic was coming up in the NC chat, I decided to bring it here (after Bon and Ollie begged me to, so cry to them if you think it is innapropiate): Do you shave your chest/body/pubic hair?? Also, what do you find attractive in men/women/tentacle monsters, when it comes to hair removal? Also, what removal method to you prefer? I'll post my opinions in a bit, when I can compose my thoughts on this serious topic more betterer.
No spoony bard could spin a sweeter tale.
bonecrivain
Incorrigible Bookworm
Human Avatar: 157826

Post by bonecrivain »

There was no begging involved. =P

Just to clarify.
Kidnemo

Post by Kidnemo »

Really really no begging.

I shave my chest every three days because chest hair is disgusting. Oh I leave my treasure trail though cos.. yum. I trim my 'pits when they get unruly and trim my pubes... and my knuckles.. and toes. Oh and I obviosly shave my face. I have a lucky someone who does my lower back/butt. Smooth is niiice.
Last edited by Kidnemo on 27 Sep 2006 11:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

Post by Jessi »

oh hell, I'll play. I shave my legs and my pits, of course :P i also have to shave my tummy. SHUT UP. And i shave my bikini area. And um, trim. I'm not onto the whole NAKED PRIVATES ZOMG look, it creeps me out ;___; I don't um, like a whole forest down there though >_> (*coughcough*)

ROFL this is fun.

Oh, and I just shave. I used to get my eyebrows waxed, but now i just pluck them myself, and stuff.
Illuen

Post by Illuen »

Kidnemo wrote:Really really no begging. I'll edit this when I am coherant.
*I didn't wanto t have to do this, Oliver.
I, for one, welcome our new alien overlords says:
Go make a poll in NC about body hair
You know it feels good with fire back on your tongue says:
NO WAY
You do it! :3
Why not?
Are you chicken?
YEAH!
haha I will
but I'll say you made me/
=P
noooo write it out for meeeeeeeeeeee
Willy, can't you just make it!
Gibblywibbly

Post by Gibblywibbly »

*strolls into the thread*

*stares*

*votes*

*runs away screaming*
Miltank is the coolest pokemon.
Kidnemo

Post by Kidnemo »

WILL! I can't believe you did that.
I make love to horses.
'kay.
Illuen

Post by Illuen »

Wingsrising
Human Avatar: 157670

Post by Wingsrising »

I shave my legs and underarms like all good female American sheep. :baaa:.

I actually was unaware of the social norm that women should groom their pubic hair until I was in graduate school. I've experimented with trimming with scissors (cut ends = itchy) and with tweezing stray hairs that otherwise escape from swimsuits (ingrown hairs = annoying). I can only imagine how much worse shaving or waxing must be.

Pardon my ignorance, but how do you do that yourself, anyway? The front bits, sure, but farther back? I'm also not keen on razors, chemicals, or hot wax on my privates, thanks.

So I'll bow out of the whole pubic hair grooming industry. Who decided that the amount of pubic hair an adult woman has is too much, anyway? (That's a rhetorical question. I'm aware that it has to do with the fact that straight men find teenage girls sexually attractive. I'm just unconvinced that that's MY problem rather than theirs.)

If I were actually in a relationship with a guy who wanted me to? Depends on what he was willing to offer as an incentive. Also, on his willingness to shave his own pubic hair first. People who expect me to do things they're not willing to do themselves annoy me.
Monkeyguy

Post by Monkeyguy »

I generally shave my face (when I'm not being lazy). When I'm feeling perky I'll manscape downstairs, but because I don't like to groom the pubes often, I only trim 'cause it's painful when it grows back in after a shave!
Image Image Image
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

[qutoe="Wingsrising"]Pardon my ignorance, but how do you do that yourself, anyway? The front bits, sure, but farther back? I'm also not keen on razors, chemicals, or hot wax on my privates, thanks. [/quote]

Razors. And dexterity. And contorted positions.
Monkeyguy wrote:I generally shave my face (when I'm not being lazy). When I'm feeling perky I'll manscape downstairs, but because I don't like to groom the pubes often, I only trim 'cause it's painful when it grows back in after a shave!
Only the first time. If you keep it up regularly, it stops hurting/being bumpy. Also depends on if you go with or against the grain.
Image Image
DamionDarkheart

Post by DamionDarkheart »

I dislike shaving because I'm lazy. I vaugely remember shaving on my birthday (last week). Before that I don't really remember when. Presumably sometime after I got back from Meghan's :P

I've shaved my pubes twice :P Once was to try and make it look like a heart before I dyed them in the blood of the innocent (I failed) and the other time was to piss Ernie off with how long I spent in the shower.

When I do remove hair elsewhere on me, it's with fire because I'm creepy. :)

So yeah. Other it is. *votes*
"Blah blah blah into the pie, bitch." Image
Hoofs

Post by Hoofs »

I'm gonna go out on a limb and tell you I'm one of the ones that voted that I shave everything. This includes everything from the stomach down and my under arms of course. And I'll go right along with AngharadTy and say that it definitely requires dexterity and contored positions.

The reason I do it is becasue I personally can not stand hair im places. I don't want the slight chance of anything creeping out of my bikini or anywhere else for that nature. As for the whole thing with the other sex having to shave too. As long as they have no back or chest hair I'm quite fine. Oh and everything else needs to be kept trimmed or yeah I'm not going there.

Ok im done.
Charlie

Post by Charlie »

I get Brazillain waxes - because i prefer being bascially hairless, although the first time i tried it was because a bf at the time wanted me too, rather than all off to show that i've actually been through puberty :p

Otherwise i shave armpits and legs as they need doing more often, plus it's cheaper!

As for guys - i like it trim.
----------------------
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

Post by Jessi »

Charlie wrote:I get Brazillain waxes - because i prefer being bascially hairless, although the first time i tried it was because a bf at the time wanted me too, rather than all off to show that i've actually been through puberty :p
My mom said she was talking to her stylist once, and she said one girl started crying during her first Brazillain wax and made her stop in the middle of it xD I've always wanted to try waxing/shaving the whole thing once ,just to see if I like it, but I'm terrified of cutting myself >_> Shaving cuts SUCK.