8%
nipple piercing (ow!)
13%
Get the tattoo instead...
25%

Total votes: 24

Lucifer_Apollyon

Post by Lucifer_Apollyon »

If you have a significant other...ask them. I have no experience with percings or tattoos though if not for my heart I'd so love to get a tattoo...that's me though. What I do know about both is this stuff is from my step sister and I swear watching her eat with her tongue and lip percings would have been hilarious if I wasn't eating at the same time and it grossed me out. -_- I'd go with what you think is best. I mean...why take advice from a bunch of people on the internet who've never seen you? No offense to the others here, of course. :)
Mistress Morbid

Post by Mistress Morbid »

I love my lip ring and I've never had any problems with it. I'd definitely go for one. Then again, I've never had a problem with any of my piercings. I've got 4 earrings, my tongue, lip, and used to have my nose as well.
Image Image
Kidnemo

Post by Kidnemo »

Thanks for the advice, I did check with my girlfriend(ish) and she was fine with it, just jealous my parents are cooler than hers :P I obviosly wasn't going to do just what you guys said (no offence) but there are so many unique and wonderful people here that I knew I could get opinions and advice from people who think differently to me. That maybe sounded like a rant, but it SO wasn't.
Spivsy

Post by Spivsy »

if you do get a lip ring, work out what you're doing before trying it yourself x_x I thought if I just stabbed myself with a drawing pin it'd work. It didn't, it kept healing over, so when my parents were out I squeezed my lip until it was numb, steralised a pin and kept it in my lip for three hours...

it worked though.
Ziggy

Post by Ziggy »

Spivsy wrote:if you do get a lip ring, work out what you're doing before trying it yourself x_x I thought if I just stabbed myself with a drawing pin it'd work. It didn't, it kept healing over, so when my parents were out I squeezed my lip until it was numb, steralised a pin and kept it in my lip for three hours...

it worked though.
Don't try it yourself. Ever.
There are nerves running in your lips and if you pierce in the wrong place, its possible to paralyse one side of your face, permanently. This is a risk even when you have it done by a professional piercer. There is never any reason to do it yourself other than not wanting to pay for it, in which case I'd argue you don't want it anyway.
Dead Webby

Post by Dead Webby »

Yeah, I wouldn't try it yourself, it sounds *very* risky. Once you get it done by a Professional, i'm sure it will look great.
Shmoe wrote:Personally, I love lip rings. Lip rings are the absolute sex.

...mmm.
Dammit, they are. *FrankIero*
Thanks VanillaCoke for the Set.
Kidnemo

Post by Kidnemo »

Heh, I had no intention of piercing it myself, I can't even staple a piece of paper properly >_<
KasiTL

Post by KasiTL »

Wait until you figure out which appeals to you the most on your own. If you just go on suggestions by others, you might not be truly happy with it later. Who knows, you might even decide that you don't really want anything else, so waiting could save you some pain and money.

As an asside, am I the only one who finds lip rings (and facial piercings in general) kind of icky?
And oddly enough, I don't mind the idea of nipple rings at all (other than the ouch factor and that I'd never get one personally), though bellybutton rings kind of creep me out. Wow, I'm weird.
Last Update: 8/09/06 - Some blue! And a poll! - Click sig to view.
Kidnemo

Post by Kidnemo »

I don't think I'm going to get it done but how much would a nipple ring hurt? Anyone have one?
Kelly

Post by Kelly »

I don't think I'm going to get it done but how much would a nipple ring hurt? Anyone have one?
Mine is retired now (because I had it done by a dodgy piercer and was so scared of it rejecting that I took it out) but I think the pain of the actual piercing was right up there as one of the worst, but afterwards wasnt so bad. The clamps on that one are probably the worst bit too. Its more prone to knocks when you're sleeping and stuff though, but the worse knocks I've had werent really all that bad. So actual piercing = pretty bad, aftercare = pretty simple.
Image Image
Sig and button by Jazzy.

"Beauty often seduces us on the road to truth."- Wilson
"And triteness kicks us in the nads." - House
DamionDarkheart

Post by DamionDarkheart »

I've heard that it hurts lots more to get your anti-/tragus, rook, daith, tounge, and nostril pierced than it does your nipple. Or so one of my exes said once.
"Blah blah blah into the pie, bitch." Image
anzuronamin

Post by anzuronamin »

I'll probably give a horrible opinion. Plus piercing makes me feel uneasy, but just wanna say...
My mom wrote:Getting my nipple pierced actually hurt less than getting my ears... :o
...Yeahh. *runs off**trips**runs off again*
Lakota

Post by Lakota »

KasiTL wrote:Wait until you figure out which appeals to you the most on your own. If you just go on suggestions by others, you might not be truly happy with it later. Who knows, you might even decide that you don't really want anything else, so waiting could save you some pain and money.
I agree. Take a raincheck on your parents' offer. :)
As an asside, am I the only one who finds lip rings (and facial piercings in general) kind of icky?
And oddly enough, I don't mind the idea of nipple rings at all (other than the ouch factor and that I'd never get one personally), though bellybutton rings kind of creep me out. Wow, I'm weird.
No, I find facial piercings kind of icky too. :?

Then again I don't have any piercings at all. With my luck the skin would keep growing back together. :P That happens to my mom if she doesn't wear ear-rings often enough, and knowing me, I'd lose interest in a piercing like a week later so the skin growing back together would happen. Plus there's the fact I can't wear jewelry anyways because of some sort of senseitivity to the metals...

I don't like tatoos either that much. If I got one, I would go crazy trying to wash it off. :P Why? Because I did that immediately after drawing on my arms with markers or after painting my fingernails when I was younger. I liked drawing on them more than the end result.

But whatever makes other people happy. :) If they like the look, they're free to like them and get them. Hopefully these people are not young enough to still be in school and subject to dress codes though. The kids who went to my middle school couldn't wear their nose rings at all, which meant you had the joy of seeing a small hole in their nose if they did have a piercing there. >_< The same thing applied if you had piercings elsewhere or more than 3 piercings per ear.
TCD

Post by TCD »

Meh, I'm not a huge fan of facial piercings. Nipples though? Rawr!

My personal opinion would be to get a tattoo, but that's cuz I like 'em and I want one. But since it's not about me, I'd just say I really have no opinion other than that. I would, though, second the motion that you wait till you know exactly what you want, and THEN get your parents to pay for it. The bigger the thing, the better. :D
Ziggy

Post by Ziggy »

I think it all depends on the person and the piercings.
I dislike tongue piercings in general, and they are one of the most problematic of piercings, as well as one of the most risky.
But I think lip piercings, madonnas, nose rings, eye brows etc are all quite lovely on the right person.
Im really not into most non-facial piercings though. I don't like to see nipple piercings on girls (though on guys they can be nice) or anything down below. I just think your breasts and your pussy are kinda......not to be messed with, y'know? Same as I hate seeing tattoos on a girl's chest or near her tits.

But its all about self expression anyway so whatever makes people happy.