29%
Yes, but not in the above categories.
6%

Total votes: 72

Jazzy
Devil's Advocate

Pills?

Post by Jazzy »

Well, I've just done work experience in a pharmacy and realised I've forgotten to take my effortil again...so. Was wondering how many people here were on medication of some sort.

I've been taking pills for ages, prescription ones and later a combination of the contraceptive pill for my periods and a German over the counter pill to help with the effects of low blood pressure (I am pretty sure it doesn't actually treat it). In between, I've tried all sorts of prescription things and should blood test number 4 show up anything, I'm likely to get something else, heh. My sister, on the other hand, can't take pills at all, even the sort which dissolve in your mouth. Has anyone here got round something like that? Luckily, she doesn't <i>need</i> pills right now, but it's a bit of a pain not being able to take them, ever.

Also, I didn't include this in the poll, but do any of you take food supplements and see an effect? I know I don't have a deficiency, blood tests 1, 2 and 3 established that, but I'm wondering if there's any point in taking them anyway or whether they're not likely to do much.

And finally! If we're talking about medication, can anyone recommend anything good for mouth ulcers? I get a lot of them (my doctor does know this, don't worry about that ;))
daisybell

Post by daisybell »

It's only fairly recently (this year) that I started taking daily pills and it was a little weird at first. I'm on my second try at an anti-depressant to find one which works, I'm on the highest dose it can be at and I don't have much faith in it... plus it's given me some not very nice side effects, like nausea.

I've also tried three different kinds of sleeping pills but I'm not on anything regularly- there's little point because the more you take them, the less effective they are.

As for food supplements, my mum would like me to be taking omega-3 supplements, she's reading some kind of quack book about curing depression with them. I took them for a while but I'm not convinced.
Neopets wishlists: here
DamionDarkheart

Post by DamionDarkheart »

Well, I was given iron pills for my anemia many years ago and I've never bothered to take them :P

I never take pills given to me either because I don't trust the doctor or because I don't care enough to remember when I'm supposed to take them.
"Blah blah blah into the pie, bitch." Image
FaerieInGrey

Post by FaerieInGrey »

I have quite a few that I take very rarely, for bipolar disorder and PTSD. I didn't agree with being medicated when they prescribed it, so... yes.

I take folic acid and iron pills because I am anemic... I take those almost every day. I also take general vitamin supplements, but that is only when I remember to.

I should be put on the contraceptive pill in the near future because of some strange hormonal issue. That I will take.
Iggy

Post by Iggy »

Like Damion, I had Iron, but, the side effects were awful on me. Mostly constipation.

I currently am treated for my Asperger's Disorder & Attention Troubles with Concerta, which gives me nauseas most of the time.

I also take pills for my skin. =)
Trick
Mad Cavy Lady

Post by Trick »

Oh dear me yes. Firstly the ones I take every day... I take a contraceptive pill which I have been on for years and worship mightily. I am on anti-depressants which I also take every day (something that seems to surprise all doctors and experts that ask for some reason, I'm only following instructions after all), and I also take vitamin b12 every day as well so people don't worry about me being veggie.

Occasionally (every day in some weeks) I also take allergy tablets - one of these days I'll actually find out what I'm allergic to (other than animals, a couple of plants, and obviously some kind of pollen or other). Oh and my mum makes me take zinc in the winter. It does seem to decrease the number of colds and bugs I catch mind you. And my grandparents harass me to take cod liver oil capsules as it helped/helps my Grandad with his depression.

Oh yes, and then there is paracetamol - a girls best friend.

... I don't think I can answer the poll though, I fit in too many categories.
Cheese

Post by Cheese »

I'm on vitamin suppliments because I don't eat my vegetables. So I have vitamins to stop me...dying.

I could just eat vegetables but they're all icky-poo do I don't wanna. Other than that I'm on no medication. I did have iron tablets for anemia years ago but then I just started eating more cornflakes and it went ok.
roger9614462

Post by roger9614462 »

Well, I'm taking anti-acne pills... Sometimes, I'm taking pills when I'm sick or when I have a headache. But, that's all.
Aqua

Post by Aqua »

I don't really like taking pills, so no. My mom keeps telling me I should take vitamin pills, but sometimes I wonder how much good they really are.. I seem fine. When I was young a doctor wanted to put me on Ritalin, but my mom was against that. Contraceptive pills seem kind of scarey to me, but I'm not having sex anyway so it's not a worry right now.
yvonne_l_d

Post by yvonne_l_d »

I was offered contraceptive pills, but I felt uncomfortable with the side effects, so I decided not to.

I was also offered anti-depressants, but for right now I'm seeing what I can do in small steps to combat depression on my own. If I ever felt I was in over my head, I would take the pills, though.
Charlie

Post by Charlie »

I'm on the contraceptive pill, i also take a multi vit and cod liver oil - i'm a student and to be honest don't eat as well as i could do - preparing veg takes quite a lot of time - and for one person is a pain!

Otherwise - things for headaches/colds when i need to and maybe antihistamines when i go abroad as i react to foreign biting bugs, but not the ones in the UK
----------------------
TCD

Post by TCD »

I'm on a low dose contraceptive, because apparently the fact my periods have been wonky, my long-term acne, my excessive body hair and trunkal weight gain (as well as a couple hundred dollar ultrasound) means I have cysts on my ovaries. And while they can't be cured, the pill can help regulate my periods and stuff so I don't ahve to worry so bad.

Oh yeah, and Advil when I need painkillers.
Kidnemo

Post by Kidnemo »

I take antidepressants for my OCD. And Ibuprofen = boys best friend!
smirkish

Post by smirkish »

Hmm. I'm on contraceptives because I had a period for eight months straight. x) It was....scary in the least...so they put me on it to regulate that. And then I take something called Biotin...it really is more for metabolism boosts through increased energy, but I take it more so I'm...not so inclined to be depressive and lay around inside for days on end....o-o

And it also helps with my stress. More energy equals less stress for me. ^^ And for some reason it gives me a healthy appetite, which of late I've been needing, since I haven't really been hungry much lately and it's causing me to waste away. So yeah. I take that.
ImageImage
Thanks Twisted for my set. ^^ And MM for meh evil wooble bunny!
Cheese

Post by Cheese »

You should have really asked how many people are not on some sort of contraceptive pill. Would have meant a lot less repetition.

I had no idea that many people were on it though, using us as a cross section of humanity.