Non-neopets general discussion.
Kidnemo

Re: RL Achievements and ToW

Post by Kidnemo »

hm, where do you work Aaaaaaaaaaaaron?
Monkeyguy

Post by Monkeyguy »

Kidnemo wrote:hm, where do you work Aaaaaaaaaaaaron?
Isn't obvious:
Aaaaaron wrote:£6.66 an hour!
He's some type of Devil's henchman.

And to Will: I like a couple of their songs, just not most of them. Can we still be friends?
Image Image Image
Sagrei

Post by Sagrei »

Yay four months in the making: First official hockey game of the season tonight and I was there. It was fantastic and I am still slightly deaf. I love my Bolts.
checkers

Post by checkers »

Woes all round:
My paper round was hard yesterday, I was out from 4PM to 7PM when it normally takes me 2-3 Hours. ;-; bleh. I was really tired. Image
Woe again:
I went home from school at lunch feeling headachey and I just slept on the nearest spot for 2 hours D: not good -rubs neck-
oh and deviantART is being stupid, its sending all my work to scraps when it is done and like, not scrap stuff. x.x stupid.
Last edited by checkers on 30 Oct 2007 07:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Phibby

Post by Phibby »

A wishy-washy food woe:

I don't know if it's me or the food industry, but salmonella's been following me like a hook-handed murderer in a cautionary teen sex urban legend.

First it was the Peter Pan/Great Value peanut butter scare in February, where every single (almost empty) jar of peanut butter in our cupboard had the affected product code. Now it's Kraft white baking chocolate. Normally I'd hear about a white chocolate recall and go back to eating real chocolate, but this just has to hit the weekend I was going to try out a recipe for bone-shaped sandwich cookies dipped in white chocolate. And of course it happens after I've already bought the stuff (the exact 7 oz. "premium" boxes).

My only hope stems from the fact that the affected UPC and the UPC on my 3(!!) boxes differs by one number and my boxes have an expiration date of Feb. 26 instead of March 31/April 1-3. I'll have to call the 1-800 number to see if those small differences give me the green light to bake. *crosses fingers*
Image Image
Fury

Post by Fury »

Phibby wrote:A wishy-washy food woe:

I don't know if it's me or the food industry, but salmonella's been following me like a hook-handed murderer in a cautionary teen sex urban legend.

First it was the Peter Pan/Great Value peanut butter scare in February, where every single (almost empty) jar of peanut butter in our cupboard had the affected product code. Now it's Kraft white baking chocolate. Normally I'd hear about a white chocolate recall and go back to eating real chocolate, but this just has to hit the weekend I was going to try out a recipe for bone-shaped sandwich cookies dipped in white chocolate. And of course it happens after I've already bought the stuff (the exact 7 oz. "premium" boxes).

My only hope stems from the fact that the affected UPC and the UPC on my 3(!!) boxes differs by one number and my boxes have an expiration date of Feb. 26 instead of March 31/April 1-3. I'll have to call the 1-800 number to see if those small differences give me the green light to bake. *crosses fingers*
WHAT THE HELL DO YOU MEAN, A PETER PAN PEANUT BUTTER ALERT?

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Y0GgJ8Q2VNs

Haha, sorry - I'm English so I had no idea what this video was on about. I had to look it up. It didn't make it any less funny though.
shaelyn76
Human Avatar: 185309

Post by shaelyn76 »

Woe:My son is now 2 years old and we still have yet to go a full week with him sleeping through the night. I get up with him as that is the agreement my husband and I came to before he was born, but I have also gone back to work since that choice was made. I worked an 11 hour shift yesterday and had to be back in to work this morning 10 hours after leaving last night. So what does my little man do? He wakes up at 2am screaming at the top of his lungs until i went in to get him and then proceeded to natter at me for the next two hours until he finally fell back asleep. I am so tired that i could cry and am just counting the minutes until he goes to sleep tonight so i can hopefully get some shut eye as well.

Achievement: My 11 hour shift was well worth it as my boss and her boss both repeatedly told me how grateful they were and how the really appreciated my "stepping up and taking on the challenges that needed to be addressed". My boss loves me...and i now have overtime for the week. Everyone wins!!
Subeta Neopets
Click my dragons?Image
checkers

Post by checkers »

Woe:
I'm addicted to DaFont, I've downloaded hundreds of new fonts but don't know where to use them! D: Hm. I've made like 20 halloween banners with some of the creepier fonts I've downloaded.

-runs around- ^_^ Ooh, more fonts to download!
*Used to download them, but never knew how to get them to work
gomababe

Post by gomababe »

My train tickets for my trip to Bournemouth next Friday are finally booked ^_^. I'll need to take my dad's Visa card with me to pick them up at the train station though because the train companies don't take Electron cards ¬_¬.

Ah well, just got my packing and stuff to do now and arranging transport ot he train station *squees*.
Spivsy

Post by Spivsy »

I went to sleep on a pile of cables and now my face is liney ='(.
gomababe

Post by gomababe »

Achievement: The router is working again ^_^. I can finally get onto the internet on my own computer.

Woe: this means no more restocking at neo since this computer is older and loads images ar slower than my little brother's brand new computer.
Aaron

Post by Aaron »

Monkeyguy wrote:
Kidnemo wrote:hm, where do you work Aaaaaaaaaaaaron?
Isn't obvious:
Aaaaaron wrote:£6.66 an hour!
He's some type of Devil's henchman.

If Boots is some sort of subdivision of the dark lord's lair ;)

conquering the land with tampons, deodorant and vitamins and all that..

On that subject, woe: the christmas 3 for 2 has started already. The next 3 months are going to be hell.
Wingsrising
Human Avatar: 157670

Post by Wingsrising »

Woe: Yesterday my car stopped running on the way home from a trip to the lake. That means $$$ for towing, $$$ for new belts, and the mechanic says my front tires need replacing (which I actually do believe, they're the original tires which are reputed to be crap, and I've had to replace 2 of them -- the current back tires -- already). But that means more $$$. And I was hoping to replace my broken printer this month, too.

Um, I guess it's an achievement that someone noticed the tires needed replacing before I skidded and crashed into something?
Sagrei

Post by Sagrei »

Any car malfunction you walk away from is a good one, I think.
Figment
Girl Anachronism

Post by Figment »

Shae -- since your situation has changed, I'd think it's only fair to perhaps reorder how you and your husband deal with your boy. You could alternate nights -- a friend of mine and her husband do that. That way it's not just one person who is sleep deprived all the time...

Woe: I got into a car accident last tuesday. My fault. I rear-ended someone. The only seriously injured party was my car -- it is so broken that the insurance is going to even bother with paying to fix it. Completely fucking devastated about the entire thing -- I don't tend to get very attached to machines, but I've lived out of my car, and losing it makes me feel homeless, like the foundations of my life are shattered. I continue to fail at adult life skills in my inability to deal with the aftermath of the debacle.

Also, I've got wicked whiplash and the pain pills and muscle relaxants that they gave me make me feel basically stoned. Nice in that it takes the edge off of losing my car, but bad in that I am reduced to a gooey incoherent mess, incapable of stringing together five words, much less reading Hegel.