RL Achievements and ToW-split 2/16/09

Non-neopets general discussion.
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Re: RL Achievements and ToW

Post by AngharadTy »

Hey, that's what this RL thread is for. Congrats for having courage! That's really the hardest part. Dates are easy by comparison. ;D
Image Image
gomababe

Post by gomababe »

Congrats nanabobo ^_^, always nice to see people getting what they want.

As for me;

Woe: The Job Centre people can't get me an appointment until the 19th. That''s after my birthday. I wanted to go out on both the 16th {with my friends} and the 17th {my actual birthdate and it's with my family} so noone would get left out. Now I may have to re-think my plans because I have no money of my own to spend right now {everything I currently have is my mum''s because I owe her a lot >_>}

Achievement {or rather, good thing}: I got a Tarot deck a while back and it seems to work ok for me.I still need to try doing readings for other people, so i'm gonna start of with my family. Expect a thread from me at some point during the summer though, I want to get some practice in before I go down to England for my holiday.
Alicorn
Human Avatar: 160932

Post by Alicorn »

Well lots of good things have been happening to me. I can't remeber if I told you guys I was getting married or have gotten married but I have gotten married! Okay that was like 3 months ago but better late then never to tell right? ^_^" Anywho I'm so happy to be married to my now lovely wife. Her family is totally cool with it and they love me. After the marriage (Feb 8th) we worked on selling her parents house (we were living with them). Once sold we got to work on packing and getting ready to move to the new house they were haveing built. Now as of a few days ago, we now are offically moved into their new house! The house is so beautiful and it feels so great to be living here in the country. It also feels good to have net back, I was starting to feel lost without it. Now we just have to buckle down and get paperwork filled out so my wife can sponser me and I can get my permint resiadent visa for Canada. Then I be one step closer at being a Canadian, yay! Hopefully everything works out and we don't run into any problems. **crosses fingers** Anywho, just had to share that with you guys. ^_^
Sig/Av by: thelonetiel
Cranberry
Human Avatar: 183848

Post by Cranberry »

Congrats, Alicorn! I'm glad that you have cool in-laws and that you're planning to become a Canadian -- we rock. ;)

I just got a job! As usual, it doesn't make use of my journalism degree, but it sounds like fun -- I'll be decorating cakes (and also packaging breads and rolls and stuff) at a bakery. Hopefully I'll be good at it!

I'm also going to be an aunt any day now. I don't want kids of my own, but I enjoy playing with them every now and then -- and my mom loves children, so I'm glad my brother is having one. I plan to buy it lots of noisy toys. ;)
Monkeyguy

Post by Monkeyguy »

:( : My room is a converted garage and I use a through-the-wall air conditioner to keep my room cool. Anyway, after about 7 years of faithfully doing its job, it is dying. There goes my next couple of paychecks!
Image Image Image
Alicorn
Human Avatar: 160932

Post by Alicorn »

Hehehe, thanks Cran! I can't wait till I'm Canadian, I'm loving it here so much. ^_^ Congrats to you too! Your job sounds like it's going to be fun and of corse being an aunt sounds like fun. I'm with you on not wanting my own but I don't mind playing with them a bit and giving them right back. So being an aunt is perfect for that. You can spoil them, hype them up on sugar and hand them back to their rightful owner. Lol! I'm hopeing I won't be an aunt though for a long time.

Bummer on your air condintoner Monkey. What timeing it has too. Just as summer is comeing upon us, blah.
Sig/Av by: thelonetiel
Kari

Post by Kari »

Woe: Some asshole decided to not watch where he was driving, and hit me and my bike as I was crossing the street to get some lunch today. Didn't stop either, and I was too stunned to get the license plate. I'm okay, my leg is probably gonna get a little bruising, and the back rim on my bike is fubar'd. Had to remove the back brake contact so I could actually ride it until I can get to a shop on Saturday. Thank goodness my friend has a car big enough to fit my bike inside, and she's nice enough to drive me to a shop.
derp
Kantark

Post by Kantark »

Ouch, Kari! Glad to hear it's just your bike that got injured.

Minor (but annoying) woe: My Wacom mouse's scroll-wheel has broken - I can still click by pushing it down, but it just spins freely without doing anything if I scroll it. Rargh, I'm hoping that the mechanism is the same used in a spare Dell intellimouse I have here, and I can change the broken bits over. I like my mouse :/
Neopets: sparkygoesforth, decommissioned, nightfall, LiveJournal:kantark, Last.FM:Kantark
Rainbow Daydreamer

Post by Rainbow Daydreamer »

I'm sick, worse than I have been for a long time. It's probably just a twenty-four hour bug but it's driving me crazy. I can't even drink a sip of juice without being sick. I got some medicine from the pharmacy, but it has the side-effect of convincing my body that lying down to sleep will bring wellness, prosperity and world peace.
Visit Semiveteran Logic, disliked by eight out of ten Meepits.
Webby

Post by Webby »

Eeek, Rainbow Daydreamer, that sounds awful D: Good luck, I hope you recover quickly!

As for me, I have a few teeny achievements that made me happy. Firstly, I got a bucket load of revision out of the way today, and I also taught myself how to play Cascada, Every Time on the piano. It's not usually the sort of music I like, but the slow version is nice (:
Mac

Post by Mac »

i just bought my first hissing cockroach on a whim :x the goal is to see how long i can hide it from my parents... my brother and i are in on it. XD
Jamie

Post by Jamie »

It's my birthday and I gots the moneys I so sorely needed. Also, it's the show today! So it should be a fun day.
Usul_Princess

Post by Usul_Princess »

(Cut, deleted, relocated with pictures).
Last edited by Usul_Princess on 06 Jun 2008 12:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage

Thank you TCStarwind for the lovely signature! ^_^

FC bets: http://www.neopets.com/~DazedBoy
Usul_Princess

Post by Usul_Princess »

Mac wrote:i just bought my first hissing cockroach on a whim :x the goal is to see how long i can hide it from my parents... my brother and i are in on it. XD

Haha, that cheered me up. I hear those things are like 14" long. Post a pic of it if you get the chance.
ImageImage

Thank you TCStarwind for the lovely signature! ^_^

FC bets: http://www.neopets.com/~DazedBoy
EofS

Post by EofS »

Usul_Princess wrote:
Mac wrote:i just bought my first hissing cockroach on a whim :x the goal is to see how long i can hide it from my parents... my brother and i are in on it. XD
Haha, that cheered me up. I hear those things are like 14" long. Post a pic of it if you get the chance.
But if you do then please, please post it as a clearly marked link and not an image. I have a really severe phobia... Thanks.