RL Achievements and ToW-split 2/16/09

Non-neopets general discussion.
Madge

Post by Madge »

Achievement: My uncle gave me a 250GB HDD in exchange for my old computer that I wasn't using anymore and couldn't be bothered selling. He was quite shocked at how rapt I was upon receiving the HDD. I have another two hours before all my Stargate is copied onto the drive from the place where I was backing it up.

Woe: The uni break started a few weeks ago and right now my biggest worry is whether or not me and Jason will be able to get enough interest to have a Settlers of Catan marathon in the near future. So I think this is an achievement, too, really.
Noodles

Post by Noodles »

Awesome idea. :D

Achievement #1: I finished sewing a bag! And it turned out to be the perfect size for school on a not-very-bookish day (and it's <i>pretty</i>) so I'll be using it a lot. :)
Achievement #2: I'm halfway through my last high school assignment <i>ever</i>. I'm going to do something fun after school tomorrow, after I've handed it in, to celebrate.
Image Image
EofS

Post by EofS »

Eee, this is terribly handy. I'd been wanting to squee about this, but since it really didn't promote discussion, I figured it wasn't very appropriate ;0)

Achievement:

On Friday November the 17th I finally had my graduation ceremony (only 6 months after my degree finished *rolls eyes*) so I am now officially EofS BA (Hons) First Class. Which is vaguely equivalent to summa cum laude for those familiar with the Latin honours system, but it's a bit different over here, partly because non-Honours degrees pretty much no longer exist.

Eeee :0D
FaerieInGrey

Post by FaerieInGrey »

You've Won!

Dear Novelist,

You did it.

Despite everything else going on in your busy life, you managed to pull off the creative coup of writing a 50,000-word novel in just one month.

Woo.

Edit: Yuck, I hate my graph. I wish that I had updated the word count every day.
Trick
Mad Cavy Lady

Post by Trick »

Achievement: I have a beeeeg box of maltesers.

Woe: The piggies broke the christmas lights ;__;
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

Post by Jessi »

FaerieInGrey wrote:You've Won!

Dear Novelist,

You did it.

Despite everything else going on in your busy life, you managed to pull off the creative coup of writing a 50,000-word novel in just one month.

Woo.

Edit: Yuck, I hate my graph. I wish that I had updated the word count every day.
Aww, I was wondering how you were doing! Congratulations!!
Silverevilchao
Human Avatar: 155477

Post by Silverevilchao »

Woe: I'm stuck on my Poke'mon fan fic. Again.
Huggles
Feral Koala

Post by Huggles »

So, I just got done watching a pbs special about how credit card companies are generally screwing over customers and making millions of dollars in the process. I think I may have seen it before, but I decided to go ahead and get my free annual credit report. I've halfheartedly attempted before to get it, but stopped because all the major reviewers charge a fee. In the process I discover I have two credit card accounts open I had no idea existed. I'm assuming, given the opening dates, they were created during my first semester of college back in 2000. That was entirely not a good year for me, and I do vaguely remember signing up for tons of crap, but I've never even seen the actual cards. I managed to call both Citi and Sony(lolz) and had them both closed within the past 10 minutes. This belongs here because it makes me feel like I've had a teeny tiny victory over The Man and Corporate America. Face my wrath of account deletion and paying more than the minimum(if not paying off in full) on my MasterCard! I will not be a slave to consumerism and credit card debt! Rawr!
Cheese

Post by Cheese »

Damn cashpoint ate my card. Halfway through trying to woithdraw some money, it crashed and swallowed my card. So now I have to go back in the morning and see if its ok. In the meantime I'm checking my account online regularly in case it spits it back out and it gets stolen.
ladynight6

Post by ladynight6 »

Congrats to all who made it through NaNo!
I have a quick question, did you guys save your file as .txt before submitting it?
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

Post by Jessi »

ladynight6 wrote:Congrats to all who made it through NaNo!
I have a quick question, did you guys save your file as .txt before submitting it?
Yep - in MS Word, pick to save it as plain text, then upload that version :3
ladynight6

Post by ladynight6 »

jessibean wrote:
ladynight6 wrote:Congrats to all who made it through NaNo!
Yep - in MS Word, pick to save it as plain text, then upload that version :3
Thank you!
I'm gonna upload it tomorrow morning.
I cant believe made it though... I wrote most of my story in a week...

edit: and also by midnight on November 30th it does mean your own local midnight.
anzuronamin

Post by anzuronamin »

Woe: 2 tests tommorow. 1 quiz.

Don't teachers understand that Wednesday is THE HUMP? It's all downhill from now!

Acheivement: Sort of. Monday Dec. 4, my favourite day of the year, is coming: INTERNATIONAL HUG DAY. I will be wearing a sign.

Congrats to NaNo winners!!! *passes out cookies*
Monkeyguy

Post by Monkeyguy »

:) : I started working out again after stopping when I graduated.

:( : My muscles hurt.
Image Image Image
FaerieInGrey

Post by FaerieInGrey »

As far as I can read, yes, Ladynight. But if you are able to submit before then, better safe than sorry.