RL Achievements and ToW-split 2/16/09

Non-neopets general discussion.
Anna the Red

Post by Anna the Red »

Basically, anyone reading my posts lately may notice that 'M's are missing. So, I pried up some keyboard keys to see what I could do.

Then kicked myself because I just realised that laptop keys can't be stuck back on by force like an attatchable keyboard can. Fuuuuuuck.

After about two minutes of fiddling, I managed to get the key back on! Hurrah!

But the kays are still buggery. Grrr....
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

Post by Jessi »

My tabby cat, Wyn, is having emergency surgery right now to relieve him of an obstruction in his urinary track that could cause a huge infection.

I'm waiting for the vet to call back. I'm so scared.
adi_gallia

Post by adi_gallia »

Aw I hope Wyn is okay.

I am self diagnosing myself with Coccydynia. Basically its where your tailbone dislocates when you sit down or something. Whenever I sit down it is painful and I was reading the symptoms and it sounds like the pain I have. I really don't know what caused it, the website says falling backwards or giving birth are the most common causes and I haven't done either.
dandelions
Lily Was Here

Post by dandelions »

go to a doctor! You've very little excuse when they're free here :) It's far more likely that you've bruised your coccyx, which is very easy to do; most people I know seem to have done it at some point.
Jessi

Post by Jessi »

Its also possible you have a pilonidal cyst (i think i spelled it wrong, but oh well) - I've had one, and it was quite possibly the worst experience of my life. And yes, go to a doctor :P You guys have free health care.
adi_gallia

Post by adi_gallia »

dandelions wrote:go to a doctor! You've very little excuse when they're free here :) It's far more likely that you've bruised your coccyx, which is very easy to do; most people I know seem to have done it at some point.
I suppose, but I really hate my doctor. He always changes the subject when I go. Like I went about my asthma once and he did that, but then he went on about my weight and I should do more exercise. I bet he would do the same again.
checkers

Post by checkers »

I suppose, but I really hate my doctor. He always changes the subject when I go. Like I went about my asthma once and he did that, but then he went on about my weight and I should do more exercise. I bet he would do the same again.
That's because it's true ¬¬;;
Strawberry Limeade

Post by Strawberry Limeade »

Woe: The gorgeous ring my boyfriend got me is falling apart. Two stones are cracked, and one of them actually fell out last night. There are two jewelry repair places here in town - one told me it wasn't fixable and the other told me they might be able to fix it, but it would cost more than the ring cost initially. I've only had it a few weeks, but my boyfriend bought it months ago (from a reputable online place), so I'm not sure that I can get it exchanged. I'm calling their customer support on Monday and hopefully they'll have pity on me and make an exception.

:(
TCD

Post by TCD »

checkers wrote:
That's because it's true ¬¬;;
Was that really called for?

adi, is it possible that you can change your doctor? If you really don't like him, go to a different one. You need to be able to communicate well with your doc to be able to have a good relationship with him.
Twisted
Location: On the run from the thought police. With a big jar of Fizzy Fish.

Post by Twisted »

Achievement: I finally got my DS Lite as a birtday present which is good. It's pink and pretty and such.

Woe: My camera (which I got for Christmas) got knocked and the screen broke. I was able to get it replace but I was a bit miffed the screen broke after 2 months.
Returned for the moment...I guess.
Mac

Post by Mac »

Happy Birthday, Twisted! ^^
Kantark

Post by Kantark »

Yeah, Happy Birthday :D
Neopets: sparkygoesforth, decommissioned, nightfall, LiveJournal:kantark, Last.FM:Kantark
Jessi

Post by Jessi »

Happy birthday, Twisted!

BIG ACHIEVEMENT: Wyn is home from the hospital!! He's on meds and we're in contact with the doctor all weekend in case anything happens and the weekend is crucial but he's HOME!
adi_gallia

Post by adi_gallia »

TCD wrote:adi, is it possible that you can change your doctor? If you really don't like him, go to a different one. You need to be able to communicate well with your doc to be able to have a good relationship with him.
I don't care about it that much, I just don't go to the doctors much, I don't communicate well with people anyway unless I know them well. Too shy for my own good.
ladynight6

Post by ladynight6 »

Happy Birthday Twisted!
Im glad Wyn is okay. Hopefully the recovery goes well!