Avatar: TLA Withdrawl Syndrome Support Group

Non-neopets general discussion.
Joey
Secret Ninja Mod
Human Avatar: 166931

Avatar: TLA Withdrawl Syndrome Support Group

Post by Joey »

So my thinly veiled attempt at derailing the Neopets cartoon thread failed, so I may as well make a thread. Anyone else obsessed with this show? Waiting with bated breath for news of Season 3? Working on some Azula cosplay in the meantime? Infecting others with the addiction?

Discuss.
Officer 1BDI
Human Avatar: 150891

Post by Officer 1BDI »

Yes! Yesyesyesyesyes, I am obsessed with this show, and I too am irked by the lack of a season 3 premiere date.

If they hadn't left season 2 the way they did, it might not be as big of a deal but as things stand now: this is just evil.
bonecrivain
Incorrigible Bookworm
Human Avatar: 157826

Post by bonecrivain »

Hee, I was very sorely tempted to help you in derailing the thread, but I was good.

I got hooked on Avatar just in this past year, and I happily watched my way through the first two seasons, only to discover that there is no season 3 yet. Argh.

The end of season 2 WAS evil. And it surprised me. I'm waiting for explanations and redemptions.
Veo

Post by Veo »

The end of season 2 just pissed me off. I'm a sucker for Zuko, and instead of becoming good after all that crap with his father/sister, he goes right back to them. "Dumbass!!", i screamed at my monitor.

However, his Uncle was just the shit. Period.
Anubimon

Post by Anubimon »

So season 3 still doesn't have a premiere date? What's with that, isn't it one of Nick's highest rated shows? Surely they aren't suspending it indefinitely...

I have a mild interest in the show. It's pretty good, though I don't find it absolutely amazing.
Iroh is freaking awesome though.
The balls of evil are never safe from the steel-toed boot of JUSTICE!!!
bonecrivain
Incorrigible Bookworm

Post by bonecrivain »

Anyone else a Zuko/Katara fan? That's why the end of season 2 made me angry, but I still have hope that he's just...y'know, being all secret and infiltrating them and stuff.
Joey
Secret Ninja Mod

Post by Joey »

I'm all for Zutara, but I don't think it'll end up canon. It could always be nice and surprise me though =D

The end of season 2 makes me sad on many many levels. Sure Zuko going to the side of good would have been cliché, but I wouldn't have complained because they had so much build up to it. What ever happened to Azula always lies!?!

And Iroh is like ten million levels of awesome.
Huggles
Feral Koala

Post by Huggles »

I was hoping Zuko and Katara would get together too. Part of the reason I like him so much is because he's voiced by Dante Basco, who played Rufio in Hook. I had a huge crush on him when I was about 10 and it still carries over a bit into the present. I basically watched all the episodes on youtube over the course of a couple days after seeing a few reruns. It always airs when I'm at work, like everything else decent on television. It's been a while, so I might rent the dvds to catch up. I only found out about the death of Mako because of Avatar too. I never realized just how much stuff I loved that he was in until after he died.

Questions I didn't see asked:

Who's your favorite character?
Zuko followed ever so closely by Toph
What type of bender are you?
In real life, I'm afraid of: heights and falling, water and drowning, and fire and being burned. So, I'd have to be an earth bender by default. I suppose I'm more of the HUGGLES SMASH!! type girl anyway.
bonecrivain
Incorrigible Bookworm

Post by bonecrivain »

I'm pretty sure I'd be a fire bender. I've always been fascinated with fire and have burned myself many times (lips on birthday candles when I was a baby, burned my fingerprints off around the same age, etc.). And I was the irritating person in high school chemistry who kept trying to test the limits of the bunsen burner's blue flame by sticking our lab notes in it.

Anyone have favorite episodes? I love the ones shown from Momo's point of view.
Alicorn
Human Avatar: 160932

Post by Alicorn »

I'm addicted to Avatar! I was addicted when it first came to Nick and I was so in awe of it and I still am. I kept up with it when it first came but started missing it cause of work and couldn't catch it after that. Then I got netflix and I rented the dvds from there and waiting for the rest of the 2nd season to come on dvd so I can see the rest of it. Watch the rest on youtube you say? Well I guess I could that but you know, that be to easy. Once I see the rest of the 2nd season I'll see if I can try and keep up with the 3rd seaon episodes as they show. One thing I must do is get the dvds, oh yes. Side note, from doing some looking to make sure I"m spelling names right ^_^", that they seem to be changeing the voice actor of Iroh, wah! I love the voice actor of Iroh, he's so perfect. Hopefully with the new voice actor you won't be able to tell the difference...I hate when they chance voice actors, defently when they are perfect to begin with.

I'm so for Zuko and Katara shipping. Though I'm also for Aang and Zuko too. **grins**
Favorite Charater? Oh boy that's a hard one. I love Zuko, Aang, Katara and Toph. But I also enjoy the other charaters, they are just all so likable in some way.
What bender would I be? I can't really decide. Maybe earth or air. As much as I love fire, I just can't see myself bending it. Earth is my zodiac's element and I love the way Toph bends. Air is so wild yet free and being able to fly would be so fun. Water would be fun too. Yeah, I really answer that question. ^_^"
Favorite Episode? Oh that's a hard one, I love quiet a few. I love the episode where they go into Zuko's past and you get to learn more about him. Also the episode where Toph was introduce, I just love watching her fight and bend. The season finale of the 1st season was great. That just to name a few.

Okay, I'm done yammering, for now. ^_^"
Sig/Av by: thelonetiel
Officer 1BDI
Human Avatar: 150891

Post by Officer 1BDI »

Alicorn wrote:Side note, from doing some looking to make sure I"m spelling names right ^_^", that they seem to be changeing the voice actor of Iroh, wah! I love the voice actor of Iroh, he's so perfect. Hopefully with the new voice actor you won't be able to tell the difference...I hate when they chance voice actors, defently when they are perfect to begin with.
Th-they had to change voice actors. Iroh's original VA, Mako, died. :( The series finale was the last episode he recorded before his death.

As for favorite characters and all that jazz: Iroh's my favorite character, hands down (Zuko's a close second, apparant trechary notwithstanding). I'm a pisces, prefer night to day, etc., so I suppose water bending fits. That said, I do have an odd fascination with fire, and according to the Chinese zodiac, I'm a fire element....

Could I be some bastardization of the two? :P

ETA: Favorite episode, doi! Um, it's probably "The Chase" (Azula tracks down the Aang Gang as they head to Ba Sing Se, Toph meets Iroh in the process, etc.), followed closely by "Lake Laogai" (the season two episode where Jet... er, Jet plays a major role here).
Alicorn
Human Avatar: 160932

Post by Alicorn »

Officer 1BDI wrote:
Alicorn wrote:Side note, from doing some looking to make sure I"m spelling names right ^_^", that they seem to be changeing the voice actor of Iroh, wah! I love the voice actor of Iroh, he's so perfect. Hopefully with the new voice actor you won't be able to tell the difference...I hate when they chance voice actors, defently when they are perfect to begin with.
Th-they had to change voice actors. Iroh's original VA, Mako, died. :( The series finale was the last episode he recorded before his death.
Awww that is most sad. I'm sorry to hear that. I'm glad he atleast got to finish the 2nd season. He shall be missed, oh yes.

My chinese zodiac element is water so I could go with water too. I do love water. Bah, I should ask my fiance what she thinks should be my bending element. ^_^"
Sig/Av by: thelonetiel
Joey
Secret Ninja Mod

Post by Joey »

From the little I've heard of Iroh's new VA, he's pretty good. Sure he's not Mako, but no one could be Mako. You can hear the new guy in School Time Shipping. Which you must see if you haven't: http://www.nick.com/avatarshort/ The password is KOH. I also believe he did a few of Iroh's lines in Tales of Ba Sing Se, though that may have been someone else.

Favorite Character: Iroh. It has to be Iroh. Toph is second, and Zuko would be third but he's being a prat.
Bending Style: Got to go with Airbending. It fits me the best out of all the elements, as much as I like them all.
Favorite Episode: The aforementioned Tales of Ba Sing Se. Particularly for Iroh's segment, and Sokka's haiku battle.
Huggles
Feral Koala

Re: Avatar: TLA Withdrawl Syndrome Support Group

Post by Huggles »

This thread shall be resurrected. By the power of Neocolours, I am Huggles! *BAM POW BOINGY BOINGY BOING*
SPOILERS!!!!!!1Through Nightmares and Daydreams

I'll start this resurrection with a yipee skippee. Ahem. Yippee skippee! Book three kicks serious ass. So much ass that I can't even think a witty way of saying how awesome it is. Toph's little reminders, in The Runaway, that she's freaking blind made me laugh out loud, for real. Nightmares and Daydreams had koalasheep. Squee! But I cannot choose between The Puppetmaster and The Beach for my favorite episode of this season. Seeing Azula desperately trying not to be a maniacal, masochistic, evil overlord was heartbreakingly hilarious. The volleyball match was perfect. And then there's Hamma. Whoa. I always love to see moral corruption, and it's even better when you can imagine it happening to you. If this was anime from Japan, I'm sure the gaurd she controlled would have had his head explode and the villagers would all be dead. Unless, she was just holding them until she had enough for them to kill each other one on one. That would have been swell. I always thought there should be blood bending, but I never got beyond someone bending their own blood in some altruistic sacrifice. I must be slipping.

END OF SPOILERS
Joey
Secret Ninja Mod

Re: Avatar: TLA Withdrawl Syndrome Support Group

Post by Joey »

Mmm... I'm watching as they're airing on Nick so I've only seen up to The Avatar and the Fire Lord. Mark for spoilers if you've watched ahead, please?