Avatar: TLA Withdrawl Syndrome Support Group

Non-neopets general discussion.
Huggles
Feral Koala

Re: Avatar: TLA Withdrawl Syndrome Support Group

Post by Huggles »

Daww. I am sorry! :( I work until 10 now, and before until 9:30 so I've never been able to see them on tv since the very first couple of episodes. The site I was looking at said the latest one was out in October, so I didn't realize. I so sowwy! Flog me if you must!
Joey
Secret Ninja Mod
Human Avatar: 166931

Post by Joey »

I don't blame ya, they've been showing I think two episodes a week in the UK so of course they're all over the internet.

*flogs anyway* :D

Anyway, I've been loving book 3 so far. I think Sokka's Master is my favorite episode of the entire series, it was just so awesome. Buff Iroh is love.
Alicorn
Human Avatar: 160932

Post by Alicorn »

I have to rely on the net to catch the 3rd book of Avatar. I was able to watch all the 2nd book before comeing up to canada so I'm atleast being close to up to date. I'm not sure what channel it airs up here in Canada so I'm not sure when to catch it. Sure I could look it up but that would be the smart thing. **shifty eyes** Nah, I just do net looking up or wait for dvd release, no commercials are yummy. ^_^" I must say I'm oh so excited! **squeals**
Sig/Av by: thelonetiel
Mistress Morbid

Post by Mistress Morbid »

I don't have TV, so I've been getting torrents of every newly released episode. I'm loving the season so far, it was such a horrendous wait in between 2 and 3! xD I'm glad it's started, though now I have to watch it week by week like a normal person, haha. (I watched season 1 and 2 after they'd been out for a while so I could watch as many episodes as I liked at a time).

Does anyone know if there's a torrent for episode 7, the Runaway yet? So far all I can find are portugese subbed ones. ^^;
Image Image
Huggles
Feral Koala

Post by Huggles »

I watched them on veoh. A simple search should bring it up.
Elzaim

Post by Elzaim »

My fiancee and I just started watching this show the past week as per suggestion of some of our collegues... and we're absolutely hooked. Love it, love it, love it.

As for why there's been no word of a season three, I have some probable insight. Chances are very good that they're working on a season three, but a show with such high-quality animation takes a LONG TIME to complete. My studio is currently working on a new classicly-drawn tv show that is North-American anime in style, and we're on our 6th week of production and we're STILL not finished the first episode. So... take our schedule, and add about double the quality (honestly - Avatar looks like it's movie-quality animation, not tv) and I'd say it's probabaly taking them at least 2-3 months per episode (unless they have a HUGE team). There are like 20 episodes in a season, right? So at 2 months an episode, that's roughly 40 months for a season (almost 4 years!). I doubt that they're taking 4 years to do a show, but something around 2-2.5 years seems suitable for the quality and probably the budget. And I know that with the business you have to deliver ALL of the epidodes and the network has to approve them before they can even be put to air. It's a looong, gruelling process. :|
Joey
Secret Ninja Mod
Human Avatar: 166931

Post by Joey »

Season three has been airing for 7 weeks now.