Warm Fuzzies (deadline: August 30th)

Non-neopets general discussion.
adi_gallia

Warm Fuzzies (deadline: August 30th)

Post by adi_gallia »

So, most of you think it's time for Warm Fuzzies again. There were 45 votes and only 4 were against the idea so I figured I would make this topic now as the poll didn't look likely to sway.

The deadline will be August 30th
If you want to send some fuzzies you have from today until 12pm NST on the 30th to send them to us. I picked that time because midday NST seemed like a good enough time. It's not quite the birthday of the Neocolours forums, but it's the same month so that is the reasoning behind holding them at this time.

Now who are you sending them to? Well it will be me, Jessi and Riddler who is giving them out. The brackets we are in charge of are are below.

Bracket Leader
Riddler Numerical-H
adi_gallia I-Q
jessibean R-Z

Basically the brackets include the letters, so R-Z means if you have a fuzzy that should be sent to Riddler and/or Zap then you send them to Jessi as she is the R-Z Bracket Leader.

Try to keep all of your fuzzies to one PM per bracket, that way it means us three will have less PMs to sort through, but I'm sure if you forgot to send User X a fuzzy and you want to send us another PM I'm pretty sure we will allow it.

It may help if you send us your fuzzies before the deadline because having a rush of PMs at 12pm NST on the 30th might flood our inboxes a bit too much, this isn't saying you can't send them in at that date, but it may help if we get the PMs more gradually.

Fuzzies will be anonymous by default, unless you tell us that you'd like to show your username.

I'm going to post something Enriana did on the topic she did fuzzies on to give an idea of the format, but change the usernames for leaders. I would like us to keep it that way as well, since it looks to be a good idea.
Here's a more detailed example of three PM's you could be sending out. A good format would be to start with the person's name, then put their fuzzy afterwards. Leave a space, and do the next person. If you arrange your warm fuzzy PM's in alphabetical order we will worship you. Oh, and they can be told however you like. You can write them as if you're speaking directly to the person, or you can make it a more general statement.

PM to Riddler:
123Coolperson - You're so cool! Never before have I encountered such coolness in a person before.

_1337_ - 1337's a mysterious person, but that's fine. Their posts are always really well thought out, and I enjoy reading them.

Bob - Bob's an awesome member. His posts are great fun to read.

HissiLover - Ohmygod I love Hissies too! You've got an awesome taste in pets, and I think we'd get along well.

PM to adi_gallia:
Ilikespoons - This person's got a great sense of humour, and I always laugh at their replies.

Little Shoyru - You're one of the nicest people on the forum, you're always so helpful and generous.

OgrinDestroyer - You're an amazing artist, I just love all the pictures you draw.

Quailman - Quailman's my hero!!

PM to jessibean:
Rabbitz - Rabbitz is never in a bad mood and she's always the first to cheer someone up.

Soup Faerie - It's great to have a mod like you!

Zebrastripes - Zebra's a really unique person, I like their music tastes and they've always got such cool avatar and siggy sets.
We will try and get the fuzzies out as soon as we can after the deadline, so you get feel all fuzzy before the end of the month, but if we don't get them out on the 30th, they should be done in the next few days after then. Now send us all your fuzzy feelings for eachother...now! :) You can send as many as you like it can be 3 or 23.

Any questions?
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

Post by Jessi »

Just a reminder everyone - Make sure you're sending your fuzzies to the RIGHT BRACKET PERSON!! We keep having to forward them to other bracket leaders!
Riddler

Post by Riddler »

Reminder the second: To minimise confusion, please address fuzzies to the person-in-question's current and full forum username! This means that if you're sending a fuzzy for (Angharad)Ty, it goes to the numericals-H cohort, as would something meant for Jazzy ( =dandelions). Danke!
Thanks to Twisted for the awesome set!
FaerieInGrey

Post by FaerieInGrey »

I'm glad to see Warm Fuzzies running. And here's a reason to panic: Eek, less than a week left to write fuzzies!
dandelions
Lily Was Here

Post by dandelions »

I'm posting to ask two questions:
- Does the person who collected my fuzzies for the <i>first</i> Warm Fuzzies, on neocolours.co.uk/illuminated.co.uk (not the February 2006 ones) still have them? Long shot, but if you do, could you send them to me?
- Failing that, does anyone know roughly when they were held? All I know is they were held before the November 2005 forum crash and move, but that's about a two year span and I'd like to know a bit more precisely :)

And if you haven't written your fuzzies yet, do it!
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

Post by Jessi »

I'm sorry to 'bump' a topic, feel free to beat me, but I just wanted to remind everyone that you only have two days left to send your fuzzies in! So if you want to participate, make sure you get those in soon!
adi_gallia

Post by adi_gallia »

Yeah. What Jessi said. I have received a handful, but I would still like to see A LOT more fuzzies sent to my inbox.

I have typed up and sent my fuzzies for the two brackets I don't control. I may end up typing the fuzzies for my bracket as I send them out.
Riddler

Post by Riddler »

Fuzzy sending hasn't been that bad this time 'round, but to put it in some sort of perspective, the average number of people each fuzzy-sender has addressed (in my bracket only, which incidentally is probably the smallest!) exceeds the number of people who've PMed me! This means you are more likely to get fuzzies and feel bad about not sending yours than vice-versa. If your immediate reaction to this is something along the lines of "Egads!", then I totally agree!

Don't worry, though. Statistics says the number of new PMs is increasing somewhat exponentially per day. I therefore expect AT LEAST 11 PMs by this time tomorrow? C'mon, you know you don't want to prove Maths wrong.

=D
Madge

Post by Madge »

Jazzy - Sorry, I can't seem to find the document of the fuzzies I collected, and as I was the collector for the first half of the alphabet, the onus is on me. Damnit. I thought I had them in a document called 'fuzzie.doc', but they were fuzzies others had written for me last time... which was not altogether a bad thing.

I have no idea when it was first done, though I know that a bunch of forum arguments/conflicts/bitterness was what spurred me to have the idea.

Now I need to write mine. However, I also need to write some code in MATLAB. This could prove to be quite an impasse.
FaerieInGrey

Post by FaerieInGrey »

adi_gallia wrote:Yeah. What Jessi said. I have received a handful, but I would still like to see A LOT more fuzzies sent to my inbox.

I have typed up and sent my fuzzies for the two brackets I don't control. I may end up typing the fuzzies for my bracket as I send them out.
I did that when I was a bracket leader. Haha. In fact, it actually made me write more fuzzies than I would have normally, because it reminded me to write about some people.

Riddler, I am sure maths will not disappoint.
Huggles
Feral Koala

Post by Huggles »

Alright alright. I guess I'll scrounge up something nice to say before the day is over.
EofS

Post by EofS »

In case anybody else has the same heart attack as me, having sent their three pms in and then found that omgthey'renotinthesentboxmaybetheydidn'tsendthisismylastchancetogettheminwhatdoIdooooo...

Remember they will not appear in your sentbox until they have been picked up. Until then they will be in your outbox.

D'oh.
bonecrivain
Incorrigible Bookworm
Human Avatar: 157826

Post by bonecrivain »

I'm, er. Going to try to type some up before going to bed tonight.

I know I won't send as many as I wanted to, but...life has been busy and I keep not doing it. I suck.

To be fair, though, the only time I actually wrote fuzzies was when Enri was running them, and she bugged me several times a day about it. "Have you written your fuzzies yet?" "WRITE YOUR FUZZIES!" "Fuzzies? Where are they?"
FaerieInGrey

Post by FaerieInGrey »

I didn't write as many as I wanted to, and they could have done to be more inspired, but please keep in mind that I wrote most of them on the T so...
Riddler

Post by Riddler »

I'm just here to say that in case anyone's suffering a particularly severe case of last-minute-itis, the 0-H cohort can be left 'til last as I'm not going to be sentient enough to send fuzzies out until about twelve hours after the due time (that would be 5am here, and like, school).

So this also serves as a forewarning to anyone whose username begins with H or above that they won't be getting their fuzzies as soon as the submissions close - sorry! Originally I'd've been waking at something terrible like 6 to get them all out but thanks to an overdue essay's wanting to be written I'm doubting that'll be possible.

Alsoalso, multiple thanks to everyone so far who's sent in fuzzies! It's Awesomeland2000!