Non-neopets general discussion.
Silverevilchao
Human Avatar: 155477

Post by Silverevilchao »

Happy birthday!

*shoves cake in mouth*
Aurinona

Post by Aurinona »

Four years? Seriously? o_O I know I started looking at NC only a few weeks before the original forum went up. Can't believe I've been around here so long!

Happy birthday, NC!
Saturn

Post by Saturn »

Heh... I'm one of the few who's old enough to remember the comments system from way back when. XD AND to remember thinking, "wow, it'd be awesome if this place had a forum but it probably won't happen and I doubt it'd ever be popular anyway". Heh.

Happy birthday FMD and everyone else! *tosses invisible cake and ice cream around the room*
Figment
Girl Anachronism

Post by Figment »

I dunno, Saturn -- there are multiple way-back members! I was one myself, though on the comments system I posted under a different name. Ah, memories.

Happy birthday NC! Happy birthday FMD! You guys are great. Obviously. I wouldn't still be here if you weren't.
bonecrivain
Incorrigible Bookworm
Human Avatar: 157826

Post by bonecrivain »

I popped in occasionally when it was just the comments system, but I don't think I ever posted. It was a bit too overwhelming back then; plus everyone was way more knowledgeable about Neopets than I was. I just stumbled across NC because I was searching for a way to look at all the ... well, colors of Neopets.
Teragram

Post by Teragram »

I remember the comments system. I remember thinking, "These people are a trip!" Because they were arguing passionately about something, most likely pointless, but it was kinda fun. I thought Sam was funny and I liked reading the comments but it was annoying because I would want to say something, except by the time I finished reading the comments, my point had already been made and/or we had moved on and no one would no what I was talking about, because that big long comment board was tres confusing.

I was bitter, too, when it was moved to forums, 'cause I liked the comments because you just posted, I didn't want to sign up for anything, seemed like too much work. I was wary. But, it turns out, forums are way better.
Fjorab_Teke
Human Avatar: 271433

Post by Fjorab_Teke »

Happy Birthday FMD and NC! :D

Yeah, I'm also an oldie from the comments system era and jumped along, though usually pausing a little bit between shifts because of the changes and once or twice because I didn't really investigate whether a new location was set up. Woohoo!
gomababe

Post by gomababe »

Happy birthday FMD and neocolours forums ^_^. I remember finding the original site and forums through google when I was randomly searching for neopets fansites. I love this place though, it's still a small community and you're able to say negative things about TNT or the artwork of the neopets themselves and not get called out on it. I can't believe it's been 4 years already though, I must've been on the forums on and off for at least three years now 0-o.

Apologies for the rambliness *grabs a slice of cake* who cares about diets at birthdays?
Spivsy

Post by Spivsy »

4 years? Hm, that's like a quarter of my life...

That's actually quite sad that I've spent a quarter of my life on the internet, I'm going to go outside or something.
Riddler

Post by Riddler »

Yayyhappy birthday NCland! Also FMD! And possibly Bon by now!

I too remember loving the (then movable type) forum for the crazy arguments you guys had! I also distinctly remember looking forward to weekends because more people posted in the morning Australia time. And it sucked when there were no updates for days and the comments made the page ridiculously long and my slow-ass computer had to reload all these lines of words every time I wanted to check for new posts. My favourite day was when Sam left the italic tag open. <3

... </nostalgia>

But how awesome that we've now reached 4 years as a forum. I do believe this is the longest I've ever committed to something voluntarily =P
Thanks to Twisted for the awesome set!
Fullmetal Dragon
Human Avatar: 156401

Post by Fullmetal Dragon »

Yayyy, happy birthday NC~ I haven't been around since the very very beginning, but I've been for at least 2 years, I think? How time flies D:

Oh, and that thing about me. Yeah. XD Thank you, everyone!!
<3
Joey
Secret Ninja Mod
Human Avatar: 166931

Post by Joey »

Ah those old comment boards were a hoot. Anyone remember Kuhn and how he dunged my account with expensive dung furniture when I spelled his name wrong?
Himmelsdemon

Post by Himmelsdemon »

Happy Birthday, Neocolours (although I haven't been here that long)!
Aqua

Post by Aqua »

Yay NC. :D

I'm glad its still around, There's a lot of nice people here.. I've been around since there was just a comment system as well, though I don't know if I ever posted, just read comments. XD
FourEyes

Post by FourEyes »

Happy birthday to NC and FMD as well. ^^

This reminds me I forgot all about those Warm Fuzzies, though...
...Oops. *searching for a smaller sig*