Trapped In The Closet Parts 13-22!

Non-neopets general discussion.
Illuen

Trapped In The Closet Parts 13-22!

Post by Illuen »

Now, for those of you who have seen parts 1-12 of Trapped in the Closet, you know what is coming next, and have yourselves braced =D. For those of you not sure...oh god, you're in for a treat! Trapped in the Closet is:
"Trapped in the Closet" is a series of songs released by R&B singer R. Kelly in the late summer of 2005. The songs relate an ongoing narrative, which Kelly exploited by sending chapters to radio stations one at a time to generate interest. It has no chorus and is told in a conversational manner, using dramatics and cliffhangers between the episodes. It tells the story of how a one night stand can set off a chain reaction of events that reveal a web of lies and deception.

In November 2005, six more chapters were released, for a total of twelve, on DVD. Nearly two years later, in August 2007, ten more chapters were released on DVD and through the internet at IFC.com/trapped.
Chapter 1-12 were a unintentionally hilarious look at R Kelly's psyche. They were actually somewhat kept in line with the music, and was (until the midget) mildly believable for a Hip Hop Song. Well, 13-22... Oh My God. You have to watch these just because.... Yeah.

Chapters 1-12 (you really do need to know the full story, it is just so fantastic and hilarious, and it is worth the time) can be found here

Chapters 13-22 can be found here.

Oh Yeah, did I tell you that R Kelly does the voices of about 20 different characters? Cause he does. Watch it. You know you want to.
No spoony bard could spin a sweeter tale.
Officer 1BDI
Human Avatar: 150891

Post by Officer 1BDI »

This is almost physically painful to watch.

Yet I can't look away. D:
Aaron

Post by Aaron »

I tried to watch.. too cringe-y :s does he have any particular reason to make these..? are they meant to be serious?!
Gibblywibbly

Post by Gibblywibbly »

So, someone sum it up for me and tell me how many times R. Kelly pulls out his gun?
Miltank is the coolest pokemon.
danceu4ia

Post by danceu4ia »

That is a good question, that I cannot answer, since I could only stomach the first 4 minutes. :P
ImageImageImage
Alicorn
Human Avatar: 160932

Post by Alicorn »

I watched while lurking the other day (well the 1-12 one), out of plain curiosity. That was..ah..different. Talk about twists and turns. I couldn't help but watch till the end to see what happen next, damn my curiosity. I don't know if I'll watch 13-22 yet...maybe when I’m really bored.

It's something hard to sum up Gibbly. It's one of those you have to watch for yourselves to greatly get it. But just say you saw a lot of R. Kelly's gun. It was very shiny....yeah.
Sig/Av by: thelonetiel
covet

Post by covet »

So the moral is 'don't sleep around, because at the end of a long convoluted chain of affairs you may have slept with somebody who slept with a gay and picked up the AIDs.'

And now I'm all nostalgic for the 1980s.
The Artist Formerly Known As Amneris
Illuen

Post by Illuen »

covet wrote:So the moral is 'don't sleep around, because at the end of a long convoluted chain of affairs you may have slept with somebody who slept with a gay and picked up the AIDs.'

And now I'm all nostalgic for the 1980s.
Bah, the Moral of the story is really that Pimp Lucius will never stop pi pi pi pi pimpin!

One thing for those of you who are not fans, R Kelly said in an interview that he had plans for 50-100 "chapters" which, if they are all released, would (I think) make Trapped in the Closet the longest musical ever (I don't think it is fair to call them just music videos, because after the first two or three, you have to have seen them all for it to make any of the very little bit of sense they make.)
No spoony bard could spin a sweeter tale.
Hawk

Post by Hawk »

Wow. I watched all of them because I am a crazy person, and... well, they're weird. That's all I can say.
dandelions
Lily Was Here

Post by dandelions »

If anyone is like me and can't really be bothered to watch them all, Wikipedia has <a href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trapped_in ... mmaries</a> of all the episodes so far.

I thought the moral was that sometimes, life is just like a bad 1980s soap opera?
Mac

Post by Mac »

I'm a huge fan of Trapped In The Closet, or TITC as we affectionately we call it.

Also, the madtv parody is great:
here

it's... about cereal... and... yeah.
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

Post by Jessi »

Personally, I'd rather be Trapped at the Drivethru than in a closet...

Lindsey made me watch all the original, because Will made HER watch all of them. It's like a car crash... you can't really look away...
Kantark

Post by Kantark »

Well, I survived Ch1 - 12 :P

The player for ch13-22 took a dislike to my computer (or vice-versa) so that was as far as I got.
jessibean wrote:Personally, I'd rather be Trapped at the Drivethru than in a closet...
Weird Al FTW every time. I genuinely thought this was much better written/performed. And at a quarter of the length it's easier on the brain too.
Neopets: sparkygoesforth, decommissioned, nightfall, LiveJournal:kantark, Last.FM:Kantark
Joey
Secret Ninja Mod
Human Avatar: 166931

Post by Joey »

I was so hoping someone would bring up Trapped at the Drivethru! I'd only heard the song before, but the cartoon there is awesome.

Yeah I saw that the first video was 41 minutes and closed the window. Maybe later, ya?
Huggles
Feral Koala

Post by Huggles »

Oh dear gods. I had so hoped that this thread was a misplaced forum game. I don't usually like to play to race card, but it's the only way I feel I can get restitution for being subjected to this horrible ghetto opera. Every black woman I knew above the age of 20, was completely enthralled by this crap, especially my mother. I had to hear those songs and watch the videos until I needed to put bibs on my shoulders to catch the bits of brain that started leaking out. Oh mai gawd. The worst was having to watch them while getting my hair braided and trying desperately not to shove a spoon into my temples because of the conversations that ensued.