I went to Dragon*Con and all I got... (Image Heavy!)

Non-neopets general discussion.
Ailiel

I went to Dragon*Con and all I got... (Image Heavy!)

Post by Ailiel »

was to feel up James Marsters. :shock:

Well, okay guys, maybe not quite. But I did touch him! Here's the picture:

Juliet Landau (Drusilla from Buffy; James played Spike) is in it as well. Spike n Dru, reunited. Well, I went in for my photo, NOT wearing my blonde Buffy wig, and I was like "Hi, nice to meet you!" and James said "hello" with a friendly little smile and Juliet smiled and said "Hi". Then we started to pose, then Marsters leaned forward to check out my <strike>boobs</strike> shirt and said "What does that say?!" and then he laughed and said "Oh, Vampires Suck!" And I laughed and Juliet did as well and kind of stamped her foot and said "Oh!" in mock-anger. Then we took the picture, and James leaned in to me and said to me and Juliet "Well we do suck," and she agreed and then I said "I mean only in the literal sense, you guys," and we all laughed. And then I floated away propelled by fangirl squee.

It was so much fun. I loved my geeky ass weekend. Everything was cool and fun but that was by far the highlight of my time in Atlanta. I also went to a James Marsters concert, most of my pictures were blurry, but here's a good one:

You're so beautiful, you could be a part time model!

Seriously, he was hot and sexy as I expected, way hotter in person, totally fond of sticking his tongue out of his mouth and totally in a habit of calling the women "luv" which he must know melts our kneecaps. You could tell he loved all the attention. His song lyrics left something to be desired, however. Example:

and when you take me//into your garden
let me kiss your blossom//and make it mine
I just want to drink your//sweet crystal clear water
and then help you turn it//into wine

He said during his Q&A that he couldn't be embarrassed, well it turns out I can be embarrassed for him! OMG the subtext is rapidly becoming text. I probably would have found it less blush-worthy if he said "Ladies, yes I WILL go down, downtown, you know what I mean." Well the audience got the message loud and clear anyway. A LOT of his fans are much older, or at least a lot of his fans with the disposable cash to go to something like this anyway.

I would go again in a heartbeat. I also have another picture coming, and took tons of photos, which are in my photobucket, but I will link to those as there are rather a lot of them:

Dick in a Box Duo
PacMan These were costumes, at one point in the big lobby the ghost chased the pacman up the stairs, then pacman chased the ghost down, it was hilarious and everyone was cheering.
V from Vendetta
Jay and Silent Bob Silent Bob really didn't talk, just gestured!
Denizens of Hogwarts
Who ya gonna call?
Final Fantasy people
Rosemary's Baby?
Batman and Robin! with the Joker lurking in the background
Giant Demon Thing

All this stuff is probably only interesting to me, but I am bursting at the seems to tell someone all about everything! Oh and I have one more picture with Marsters coming in the mail, but I haven't seen it yet! The suspense is... actually I am fine. :P
Fury

Post by Fury »

Wow! I'm not into dressing up and going to conventions, but those costumes are fantastic! I hope you had a good time. :D
ladynight6

Post by ladynight6 »

Ooooh lucky you! I so have to tell my friend, she's going to envy you for ever! XD It's so strange seeing James with brown hair, I got so used to him having bleached blonde locks in Buffy!
sureq

Post by sureq »

I envy you completely.

My friends went to the Buffycon (was that what it's called?) the year James Masters and Stuart Head were the guest stars. He did the same thing to her with her t-shirt (boobs) so maybe he's just a little pervy;)

Anyway, I'm jealous.
ImageImage
nanabobo567

Post by nanabobo567 »

I have got to go to one of those sometime. But first I need to finish my Kirby costume...
Seerow wrote:Aww Nana, I didn't think you meant you were literally dead last night :(
KauKrazy

Post by KauKrazy »

Aaahhh... what a great day it must have been! I totally envy you too :mrgreen: Brilliant picture of you three :mrgreen:

I still remember most of the lines from any episode of Seasons 1-3... and who can ever forget the Spike and Dru scenes!