New tattoo!

Non-neopets general discussion.
Strawberry Limeade

New tattoo!

Post by Strawberry Limeade »

I've had it in my head to get a new tattoo for awhile, and I finally got it last night. I was going to wait a couple days to post pictures, but it's healing a lot faster than I thought it would (and I'm an attention whore about my tats). Behold:

It's Michelangelo's signature. I wanted to get something text based for a long time, and I wanted something based on my trip to Italy as soon as we got home. I'd bought a postcard at the Vatican with this and a bunch of other famous signatures on it, and decided it'd be cool. And I love it. Plus, my job is totally cool with visible tattoos even though it's corporate (our boss has a big one up his forearm). My boyfriend keeps saying he's not sure about me having another guy's name on me. I told him that Michelangelo was the greatest artist who has ever lived, and that he's been dead for 500 years, and that he (my boyfriend) can go ahead and get over it. :P (He actually does like it.)
Monkeyguy

Post by Monkeyguy »

Very cool! I've been thinking about getting a tattoo is the same location and it's been a very tough time deciding. Seeing how cool your's came out some type of text might be the way to go.

Anyway, congrats!
Image Image Image
Officer 1BDI
Human Avatar: 150891

Post by Officer 1BDI »

I'm too indecisive about my appearance to ever seriously consider a tatoo, but I think yours looks lovely.
nanabobo567

Post by nanabobo567 »

That has got to be the coolest-inspired tattoo ever. Unless someone has Ken Sugimori's signature on their wrist and/or arm. Then that's the best ever.
Seerow wrote:Aww Nana, I didn't think you meant you were literally dead last night :(
gomababe

Post by gomababe »

Oh wow, that is so cool. I'm thinking about getting a small tatoo on the back of my shoulder {where I can easily cover it up}, but I'm having trouble both deciding if I should get it or not and gathering the necessary funds for it :P. Since I want to be a teacher it's not a good idea too have a visible tatoo while you're working, which kinda sucks, but then again a lot of people find tatoos distasteful on a woman *shrug*. Glad you got one you're happy with though ^_^.
checkers

Post by checkers »

Wow, that's cool! I've always wondered when I was older if I would consider a tattoo, xD personally I think that I'd be quite pale, and I think tattoo's look best on tanned people.

If I got one, it would be on my back or front, maybe an arm (At the top, it has more skin and would hurt less) I never thought of getting one on a wrist, I'm scared of having cuts on my wrists, because of viens being there (All over but noticable there), and I was scared incase they pierced the skin. D: *shudder* I like your one =) I think black tattoos are better than coloured ones, colour reminds me a bit of them, hold down wet and peel tattoos :p
danceu4ia

Post by danceu4ia »

that is one of the sickest tattoos EVAR!!! Congratulations on the fast healing time. YAY!
ImageImageImage
ladynight6

Post by ladynight6 »

That is such a cool tattooo! Thankfully it healed fast!
Strawberry Limeade

Post by Strawberry Limeade »

Thanks guys!
checkers wrote: If I got one, it would be on my back or front, maybe an arm (At the top, it has more skin and would hurt less) I never thought of getting one on a wrist, I'm scared of having cuts on my wrists, because of viens being there (All over but noticable there), and I was scared incase they pierced the skin.
You were scared about the veins in your wrist getting pierced or just your skin? Because skin getting pierced is...what a tattoo is. :? If it's just the veins, I was wondering about that some too, because my other two tattoos (top of foot and between shoulder blades) bled a fair amount. They're bigger and have a lot of color though. This one didn't bleed at all, and there was definitely no puncturing of veins. :)
FaerieInGrey

Post by FaerieInGrey »

Those veins are way, way deeper than a tattoo needle goes. You can just see them very well because the skin on wrists is pretty pale by comparison, and they are slightly closer to the surface than many of the other ones in the body. They wouldn't tattoo wrists if there were even the slightest danger of puncturing a vein.

Lovely tattoo, SL. The letters look very clear, too, which is a good sign. Inexperienced tattoo artists that haven't really got the technique down sometimes really mess up wrist-lettering, and it comes out blurry. You can already tell that yours is going to stay nice :)
Alicorn
Human Avatar: 160932

Post by Alicorn »

Oh that's a real nice tattoo! I love the lettering used, so pretty. I don't know if I'll be brave enough to get one on my wrist (yet). I have one on my upper arm of my fiancé’s nickname in a heart. I so want to get more and have a few ideas but it'll be a bit before I get more. Tattoos are very addicting. ^_^"
Sig/Av by: thelonetiel
shaelyn76
Human Avatar: 185309

Post by shaelyn76 »

Sorry...I know this is an older subject, but I just now saw it. I think the idea behind your tattoo is really cool and it does look very crisp and clear which is always a plus. I have 4 tats myself, but i've never been brave enough to get one in a place that I can't cover up easily. As for girls getting tats..it is becoming much more common. Some of the choices most girls make about which tattoo they get I sometimes question, but it is just nice to see it becoming less of a taboo.
Subeta Neopets
Click my dragons?Image
Anna the Red

Post by Anna the Red »

So very cool! And feel free to be an attention whore, I would be.

I absolutely love the idea, and it looks awesome.
lynmar

Post by lynmar »

it looks very nice, don't be afraid to show that off. :]

i'm planning on getting a tattoo on my wrist around that spot when i'm 18...worried about the pain but it's completely worth it.

*back into lurk-mode*
formally known as lynnk/423789 other names.