Need a picture (for a great cause!)

Non-neopets general discussion.
Elzaim

Need a picture (for a great cause!)

Post by Elzaim »

Hey everyone,

My studio is doing an art fundraiser for our local SPCA (which is in dire need of help) so I'm wondering if any our you nice NC'ers would be willing donate a photo reference to me in which I could paint?

I'm looking for any original, interesting animal photos - the bigger the better so I can see the colors and details well. Can be any subject, but I'd love to do a painting of a cats eye, or a butterfly or any close-up subject that would make for a unique painting.

This painting would be in oil on canvas and is being donated entirely in an art auction for the SPCA - I will receive no funds.

If you're interested, or have any personal images you wouldn't mind me using, I would be great appreciative. The quicker I can get them, the better as well (since the deadline is the 24th).

I'll pick which one I like best tomorrow or the next day, and let you all know. I'll be sure to take loads of digital pictures to post afterwards as well.

Thanks!!
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Post by Seerow »

Cat and mouse? Meet one of my kitties Echo when he was a kitten.

Click
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.
Mesmirez

Post by Mesmirez »

Thanks TheLoneTiel for the siggy^^

Sub | Neo | DA
ladynight6

Post by ladynight6 »

I can offer pictures of my cutesy dog

She's a bit sleepy

I'll post more when I upload them onto photobucket.
adi_gallia

Post by adi_gallia »

Everyone has such adorable pets on here, so I'm sure you will find a great inspiration.

This sounds great but my camera is broken and it isn't that great at getting really high quality photos when it's fixed. Here is the best picture of Sasha I could find on my Photobucket account, I like this picture, but it might not be the best thing to paint, it's awfully dark I think.
Silver Link

Post by Silver Link »

This is a picture of my cat, Gracie

Picture of my sister's cat, Bruce
Cranberry
Human Avatar: 183848

Post by Cranberry »

Biber was always very expressive, but most of the better pictures of his haughty looks are too dark (including this one).

This is Dahmer. He's adorable. (I have that picture saved original size -- twice as big as this one -- too.)
Strawberry Limeade

Post by Strawberry Limeade »

I present you with the crazy emu. Could be fun.

Edit: I mean, now I do.
Figment
Girl Anachronism

Post by Figment »

It's not very big, but I've always loved this picture of my kitten, Pixie. here's another of Pixie, which I am partial to because it shows off her pretty two-coloured eyes. I feel bad volunteering Pix and not Ario, so here's one of her as well, though it's rather pedestrian as photos go.

I don't really have many photos of animals; odd, since I love them so much. The only other animal picture I've got up on flickr is this dog, a Pompeiian stray. I should take more pictures of animals. Maybe now! I wonder if my camera's batteries are charged...
Saturn

Post by Saturn »

I suck and don't have a decent camera right now, so here's my favorite picture of Buster, which is really old and rather small, but I just love the expression he has here:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v469/ ... /whome.jpg

(actually my parents' dog. >> I don't really have a pet now, per se, unless you count the cute little stray kitty who loves me for some reason and always comes happily bouncing up to me whenever she sees me. XD It's SO cute. I'm not allowed to have pets in my apartment though...:( )
Elzaim

Post by Elzaim »

So far, Cranberry's picture of Biber, Strawberry's Emu and Figment's first picture of Pixie are my top pics.

If you look at these, you'll see the subject matter I'm trying to get across. I would like to have a picture of something very close-up, or in a pose not normally seen. I really want this to be dynamic, and not full of empty space (Sorry Mezmiriz, but a lot of your pictures are of animals in common poses, with tonnes of negative space around them, see what I mean?)

Keep 'em coming guys! I need loads of inspiration!

EDIT: Something like this is what I'm striving for. Something extremly close up and completely original.
Phibby

Post by Phibby »

Ooh, I think our dog Layla would be suited for this. We always joke about how she's Satanic (oh God someone help us), but for all her creepiness she can be quite photogenic.

Here is a Photobucket album of some of the best close-up shots of her I could find (and one of our other dog Gibson that I liked). Sorry for the kinda bad quality; I'm the only person on earth who doesn't own a high-quality digital camera, so most of these were taken with disposable cameras or my low-quality keyring digital cam.

My personal favorites are layla3 and layla14 (except for the toilet - sorry about that).
Image Image
Alicorn
Human Avatar: 160932

Post by Alicorn »

I have a few pics of my pets that I think will work.

Let's go with my brother's (not totally my pet but he wouldn't mind) dog Momiji. Here is him sleeping with his snot in my shoe. And here is him sleeping on his back with a bit of his fangs showing. And yes, the pics are labeled Mojo but I don't like that name so I call him Momiji. ^_^"

Now for my bird Sora, who unfortunately passed away a few years ago. I have this real cute picture of her that I love to death. She just loved that mirror to death.

The last couple pics I have are of my fiancé and my baby boy, Lute! He is just the cutest and I can't wait to finally meet him. These are a couple pics she sent me. Here and here are the pics. He's our little princess. ^_^
Sig/Av by: thelonetiel
Aurinona

Post by Aurinona »

Do I see an opportunity to post corgi photos? :D

http://alicorn.critter.net/puppy/Ramses/Durrrr.jpg

http://alicorn.critter.net/puppy/Ramses/walkiesplz2.jpg

I wish I'd managed to get this one in focus... http://alicorn.critter.net/puppy/Ramses/splash.jpg

Feel free to poke through the puppy directory and see if there's anything useful in there. :)
Cranberry
Human Avatar: 183848

Post by Cranberry »

Elzaim wrote:So far, Cranberry's picture of Biber, Strawberry's Emu and Figment's first picture of Pixie are my top pics.
Aww, cool! I love the Pixie pics, too. If you do end up going with Biber (I won't be offended if you don't ;)) and need other pictures so you can see his eyes or coloring better, let me know. I have quite a few.