Pet Pics! [very image heavy!]

Non-neopets general discussion.
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

Re: Pet Pics! [very image heavy!]

Post by Jessi »

My work hired The Picture People to come in and do professional pet photography. They are an amazing group of people and do a -wonderful- job with the pets. We couldn't resist bringing Cairo in to get her portrait done professionally. They came out beautiful! Any imperfections you see are mainly due to my scanner, not to the photos:

The last one came out the best, I think!
Alicorn
Human Avatar: 160932

Post by Alicorn »

Those are so adorable Jessi! I have to agree, the last one is the best one. The position of the tail just makes the pic even cuter. It makes me want a cat. Oh why did I go and marry someone that doesn't like cats. ^-^;
Sig/Av by: thelonetiel
Usul_Princess

Post by Usul_Princess »

I haven't uploaded pictures of Carlie in eons. Mainly because I didn't have a digital camera, but now...
Spoiler: open/close

This one makes me laugh because I was so close to getting a good shot of her floppy ears, and she ruined it with lazy eye!

She got annoyed posing for the camera because she was sleeping and I refused to turn the flash off. This is right before leaping off the bed.
ImageImage

Thank you TCStarwind for the lovely signature! ^_^

FC bets: http://www.neopets.com/~DazedBoy
Mistress Morbid

Post by Mistress Morbid »

Why I just happen to have a 'pet collage' that I made for my livejournal a short time ago, so it'll come in handy here. xD

The only one that's outdated is our brand new puppy, so here's a couple photos of him:
Image Image
His name's Krauser. :) He's a Cane Corso (or Italian Mastiff) cross.

And the rest of my zoo:
(cats, uromastyx, blue tongued skink, tarantula, ball python, and mouse respectively)
Image Image
Cranberry
Human Avatar: 183848

Post by Cranberry »

I love Krauser! His markings are so neat, and that is a great name. I bet he's a lot bigger now than when you posted those pics... have any updated ones? All of your pets are good-looking (I love the expression on Koopa's face!), although I don't think I could own a spider.

I'm going to stop spamming up the RL achievements thread and move my puppy squee over here now that I have chosen a specific puppy (or now that the breeder picked one out for me, I should say)! This is my boy:

He is an Alaskan Klee Kai (breed info here; UKC standard here) and should be between 13-15 inches at the shoulder and up to 15 lbs when fully grown, although he could end up a bit larger (15-17 inches, 20ish lbs). Still much smaller than a husky! He was four weeks old yesterday. His eyes should stay that color. Right now I'm thinking I'll call him Casper, although I'm not 100% sure. I am also considering Jet, Chase and Cain as possible names (I'd prefer a C or K name) and am always trying to think of more! I can't wait until April, when I can bring him home. :)
Mistress Morbid

Post by Mistress Morbid »

What an adorable puppy! :D Hehe, I know I haven't been active on the forums for a long time, but I got a topic reply notification so that's why I checked here. ^^

As for Krauser, he's totally huge now. Here's some new pictures in chronological order. :)

Image Image
Cranberry

Post by Cranberry »

Look at the size of his feet! Aww, he's all gangly teenager dog now. I really love his colors. And his big ears!
mellaka
Human Avatar: 48736

Post by mellaka »

I'm getting a puppy. I'm so excited :D

After what feels like a very long search, I found this wonderful little puppy to adopt. I've been looking into getting a Boston Terrier from a breeder but have also been visiting the local shelter weekly since before Christmas and checking petfinder.com regularly.

Amazingly I found this adorable little puppy just put up for adoption two days ago on petfinder from an organization about 15 minutes from my house. They think her mom is a Boston Terrier/Pug mix and they don't know what the father is. The mother and 3 pups were rescued from a kill shelter in VA and brought up to NJ. She's about 9 weeks old. I'm bringing her home on Saturday. Now I just need a name. (And I hope my cats enjoy the peace and quiet while they can.)
Cranberry

Post by Cranberry »

Yay puppies! She is adorable, mellaka. I love the brindling. I hope you'll post lots of pictures once you get her!

Casper's breeder sent me some new pictures, too... bah @ the redeye, but he is still adorable. He's just about seven weeks old in these; I will be taking him home in a couple more weeks. She's doing the vet visit/microchip thing soon, so I will find out his exact weight and size and everything then. Looks like the blue eyes will be staying! I'll take lots of nice pics in natural light once I get him here. :P

Last edited by Cranberry on 24 Mar 2010 11:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
EofS

Post by EofS »

That is one angry looking puppy Cran!
Cranberry

Post by Cranberry »

Haha, it's the eyebrows! I kind of love it. He looks somewhat indignant in this one (he was five weeks old there).
Officer 1BDI
Human Avatar: 150891

Post by Officer 1BDI »

D'awww, your soon-to-be-yours puppy is adorable, Cranberry!
ETA: *squee* So is your's mellaka! That last picture is especially cute.

I grew up in a dogless household: my mum loves dogs but my dad never wanted to own one, so we never did. So, of course, it's only when my youngest sister is left in the nest that she decides to bring this home without permission:

Back in October, the lil' sis and one of her friends were at the grocery store when they ran into a woman out front trying to give away the puppies her own dog had given birth to. My sister and her friend "rescued" one each, and when they got to my parents' house my sister *then* called the maternal parent figure to see if it was ok.

At first, my mum was adamant that my sister find a new home for the dog, but... that never happened. And almost all of us ended up falling in love with him immediately (especially my mum), so he's there to stay. My sister named him Drake.

We're not entirely sure what kind of dog he is; the woman at the grocery story claimed he was some sort of chihuahua/terrier mix, but we think he must have *something* else in him. He's about 11 pounds right now, and isn't likely to get any bigger. And the red-eye shot doesn't show it very well, but he has these awesome green eyes.

He's also a little bigger now than in those pictures; I'm going over tomorrow to visit my mum so I'll try to get a shot of him with their cat, whom he loves to torment (and vice-versa).
Larkspurlane

Post by Larkspurlane »

What an interesting mix!! His colouring is gorgeous!

Looking at that lovely silver colour on the first picture I thought you'd found yourselves a Weim or Isabella dobe mix, but your pup is too small.

I could see some terrier in him but I don't know about chihuahua o_O he's beautiful though!
Thank you for the av and sig set!
Larkspurlane @ neo
11th

Post by 11th »

So many dogs here!

This is my not!dog. His name is Hawk. He isn't a hawk, either.
Cranberry

Post by Cranberry »

Officer 1BDI wrote: We're not entirely sure what kind of dog he is; the woman at the grocery story claimed he was some sort of chihuahua/terrier mix, but we think he must have *something* else in him. He's about 11 pounds right now, and isn't likely to get any bigger. And the red-eye shot doesn't show it very well, but he has these awesome green eyes.
I thought dobie mix at first look, too, but the pup is too small. Could be some miniature pinscher in there. Minpins are not actually related to dobermans, but look similar. They do come in blue -- it's a non-standard color, but it does exist. I don't see any chihuahua (head shape, eyes, body shape is just all wrong). Not sure where the white chest came from! Maybe one of the little terriers like Jack (er, Parson) Russell or rat terrier? Adorable pup, in any case.

I love dogforums.com for questions like this -- everyone there seems to enjoy playing the "guess the breed" game! It's a great forum in general. You could try posting there if you're really curious.