Pet Pics! [very image heavy!]

Non-neopets general discussion.
Officer 1BDI
Human Avatar: 150891

Re: Pet Pics! [very image heavy!]

Post by Officer 1BDI »

Thanks for the input/comments! Even the vet doesn't seem to know what's in him; she threw out a breed... Australian... something (ugh, stupid memory), but when I tried to look it up I only came up with Australian Shepherd, which he clearly doesn't have in him. :P I'll have to try searching again. And, yeah, I don't know where the chihuahua comes in either. XD

ETA: Heeler! The vet thought he might have Australian Heeler in him. But that breed looks too big to me....

Everyone always comments on his blue coloring. He was apparently the only one in his litter like that; his sisters were tri-colored.

And thanks for those links, Cran. I'll have to check out that forum, or at least show it to my mom.

11th, your non-hawk looks adorable! :mrgreen: Is he, er, *headdesk*ing into the couch? XD
Cranberry
Human Avatar: 183848

Post by Cranberry »

I wouldn't say Australian Cattle Dog at all... they are short (for their body size) and stocky, while this guy looks slimmer. They also have a very different coat type, and yeah, they're bigger than this pup. I really think minpin is the closest. Try dogforums, though; I'm curious what they'd say!

P.S. Oh, or Italian Greyhound! Forgot about those. They also come in blue, and they're small.
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

IIth - Hawk is lovely, great pose, glad my cats aren't the only ones to fall asleep in the 'i'm going to suffocate myself in this cushion' pose!!

Cran and Mellaka - your puppies to be are adorable!

I was just looking through my pet photos doing some organising and I stumbled across this pic. Apparently I wont be growing plants in the hanging basket...

Officer 1BDI

Post by Officer 1BDI »

That's adorable, Mongoose. I wonder if my parents' cat would sleep in something like that... for the sake of adorableness.

Speaking of the cat, here she is:

My sister (the one who brought her into our house... notice the pattern here :P ) insists we call her Kitty, but I loathe that name for cats so I call her by her original name, Marley, in secret.
Cranberry wrote:P.S. Oh, or Italian Greyhound! Forgot about those. They also come in blue, and they're small.
That breed came to mind as well; it might at least explain why he loves running around so much. xD I'll definitely show my mom dogforums and tell you if we find anything.
Cranberry

Post by Cranberry »

Mellaka, where are more puppy pictures!? It's been four days. :P
mellaka
Human Avatar: 48736

Post by mellaka »

Hehe I didn't want to spam the forum with my pics. But, if you insist =P

I've decided to call her Buffy. Gah, I wanted a more unique name but it just seemed to stick, and I'm still such a BtVS fan. (I tried Zora - "sunrise" in Slovak, which is my mother's heritage, and also a race from Zelda games - on her first but she didn't respond to it at all. Mipsy was a distant third choice.)

We had our first vet visit yesterday and poor girl has a mild case of fleas and coccida. I guess that's to be expected when getting a shelter dog though. Otherwise, we're doing great with crate training and she already responds to some commands. =)

I've also checked out dogforums.com, Cranberry. Thanks for mentioning it. Still not brave enough to post there yet though.
Cranberry

Post by Cranberry »

Haha, you should post there... they're nice unless you're really dumb and irresponsible (like the guy who just joined and has six unaltered adult dogs of various breeds, one of which just had 10 puppies... and she's only 14 months old herself). I post there as Crantastic. :)

Buffy is SO cute! I really love her markings, and I'm glad you're enjoying her. Coccidia is common, yeah, and not a big deal... fleas, too. Shouldn't be long before she's at 100%. Also, I can't speak for everyone else, but I encourage you to spam with cute puppy pictures all you want. :P

(Just got a call from Casper's breeder as I was posting this -- he's arriving at the airport on Friday, April 9. So excited!)
Cranberry

Post by Cranberry »

Casper is here!

Officer 1BDI

Post by Officer 1BDI »

*D'awwwws for several minutes*

It looks like Crystal's getting along with him. Had she met him before he came home?
Cranberry

Post by Cranberry »

Nope! We picked him up at the airport on Thursday night, and that was the first time we'd met him. Crystal likes him, and he's fine with her, although she scares him a bit when she tries to play (he growls at her... she is unfazed, as he's not very scary).
Kantark

Post by Kantark »

...and it's a massive 'Awwwww' from me.

*dies and is dead from cute*
Neopets: sparkygoesforth, decommissioned, nightfall, LiveJournal:kantark, Last.FM:Kantark
Marah
Human Avatar: 506145

Post by Marah »

I 3th the Awwwww, that last pic is so cute!
invsagoth

Post by invsagoth »

Awwww... those pictures are so cute! *dies of cute* I saw a puppy like that just the other day actually, and I just about melted. <3
Thank you to Jazzy for the av!
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

The cute has claimed another victim *dies from cute*! Both such adorable puppies. Casper's frowny eyebrows are just adorable, they give him a very naughty cheeky look <3
Ailiel

Post by Ailiel »

Awww aw AWWW! Congratulations Cranberry, that puppy is the cutest. I love Klee Kais, something about their wee pointy ears sets my puppy lust off. Gorgeous little boy! You will have to post lots of pictures as he grows.

She isn't a baby anymore but here are a few pictures of my baby. She got a new collar which set off a photoshoot in the backyard in front of the palm fronds which is where I always take her picture so a lot of these look familiar. But if you've got a good backdrop where your dog is happy to sniff the wind as the palm fronds brush her back then you don't mess with it. She will be nine years old in September. We went to a family reunion at her breeder's back in January and I found out she is one of only three out of her litter of ten still alive. :( And she and her champion sister wouldn't be alive if it wasn't for the emergency bloat surgery both of them had in the last year. I knew Great Danes had a shortened lifespan but more than half dead before age seven? I mean it's one thing to know all this stuff going in but another thing to KNOW. But my baby is alive and well and there's not a day that goes by that I'm not grateful that she is.

Image Image Image