Pet Pics! [very image heavy!]

Non-neopets general discussion.
Foghawk
Human Avatar: 254768

Re: Pet Pics! [very image heavy!]

Post by Foghawk »

tee hee casper is ragedog.

Your photography is really impressive, Cranberry - very sharp and very pretty. What camera do you use? :o
Cranberry
Human Avatar: 183848

Post by Cranberry »

I use a Fuji Finepix f200exr. It's pretty good for a point-and-shoot. I don't do anything to my pics but resize them... I have yet to install an image editing program on this computer!
mellaka
Human Avatar: 48736

Post by mellaka »

Great pictures Cranberry. Casper really is a nice looking dog. I like seeing pictures of him and Crystal together to really get a good idea of his actual size.

Here are a few more of Buffy. I can't believe she's going to be 9 months old in a few days.
Spoiler: open/close
During a walk in the park. I really wanted to get a photo of her in front of a lake that's behind me, but I couldn't get her to stay still on that side. She looks strange to me because she doesn't usually hold her ears like that.

This one is about a month old, but shows how her ears usually are and shows her color more accurately. Her serious pose, I guess.

I got bored while waiting in the car for my mom in the store so started taking pictures. We were on our way from the dog park to Petsmart.

And my parents' dog, Trixie:
Sorry for the bad quality. These were all taken on my iphone.
Cranberry

Post by Cranberry »

Trixie's cute. Buffy is such a pretty, neat-looking dog. I really love her coloring, and her ears! I still don't have a clue as to her mix. Can't even come up with a good guess!
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

Post by Jessi »

I think she might look like some sort of boxer mix.. not just because of the Brindle coloring, but her general stance and body shape - though she doesn't have a boxer head shape at all! She's a lovely dog, Mellaka, looks like a perfectly happy and content mutt to me!
Fjorab_Teke
Human Avatar: 271433

Post by Fjorab_Teke »

She looks like a Pit/Dingo mix to me, but that would be WAY unusual.
mellaka

Post by mellaka »

Hehe thanks for the guesses. I love reading guesses about her breeds.

I'm pretty sure she has some Pug in her. The rescue also had her mother and she had some Pug characteristics and was only 15 lbs. (maybe mixed with small terriers). And if you see Buffy next to some Pug mixes, especially Pug/Beagle mixes, you can really see some similarities in their faces and mannerisms. Dad was a mystery, and I hear Australian Cattle Dog mix the most lately (because of those ears), but have also heard Pit Bull, Boxer, Staffordshire Bull Terrier, German Shepherd, Catahoula Leopard Dog and others as potential mixes. And I can't even tell you how many people joke that she's a Dingo or Hyena. I think she's probably just completely mutted-out.
Officer 1BDI
Human Avatar: 150891

Post by Officer 1BDI »

I wouldn't even know where to begin guessing what your dog has in her, mellaka, but she really is beautiful.

My family's had Drake for a year now, so I figured I'd post an updated photo:

I was trying to catch him holding the ball between his paws, but he kept letting it go or rolling over. :P He hasn't gotten too much bigger since March; he's just under 16 pounds now and he's been that way for a while. Still have no idea what's in him besides some sort of terrier.
Ailiel

Post by Ailiel »

Back in August my mom brought home this kitten. It ran in front of her car in the rain, and when she stopped to get out and find it the kitten was too lethargic to run away. It was tiny, and sick, and covered in mange (scabies). She was so thin and weak we weren't sure if she would survive the night.

We took her to the vet and she had quite a few problems. Her entire skin was scabbed and raw from the scabies. Her ears were in tatters. When we held her, we would get a red, icky rash from scabies. She needed stinky sulfur baths three times a week for two months. She was six weeks old. Of course we kept her and now she is cute and pink and white and a little terror. We called her Katniss after the Hunger Games heroine.

This isn't really a before and after but more of a during and after. Because of the scabies, she lost all her hair as her skin basically shed a layer. She looked pretty gross for awhile! At the time I thought she was cute as could be though.

I have a whole facebook album of her progress pictures if you want to check them out. I didn't put up some of her grossest ones. A few days after we got her we discovered maggots on her. It was gross. But now she's very healthy. Like her namesake she is a true little huntress. She catches everything and loves to play, and torment the other dogs and cats. It's been a long time since we've had a baby thing.
mellaka

Post by mellaka »

What a cute dog Officer. =)

And, wow, what a transformation, Ailiel. The kitty was lucky to find your family after having such a rough start in life. She's very beautiful.
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

Post by Jessi »

Cairo helped Lindsey and I put up our Christmas tree tonight, mostly by nomming on tree lights.

I love this shot of her xD
Faun

Post by Faun »

Aww, That's sweet, Jessi. Now here is a blurry picture of Bean wearing tinsel. :)
Neopets || Subeta
formerly known as fluffy-emo-wolf
Tumblr ||Twitter
Cranberry

Post by Cranberry »

Ailiel, that kitty ended up gorgeous -- good for you for taking such good care of her. Katniss is an excellent name, too. I love those books.

Officer, Drake is adorable. I don't even know what could be in his breed mix, but I love how blue he is.

Christmas kitties are cute. Cairo looks like she's enjoying it all, while Bean is quite tolerant. ;)

Here's a Christmas photo of Casper with my niece's toy tree:

And two from our woodsy walk today.

Faun

Post by Faun »

Casper is so cute! That picture with the tree is adorable. I don't have any more Christmas pictures, so here is one of Muffin smiling. :)
Sorry it's so big, Photobucket won't resize it.
Neopets || Subeta
formerly known as fluffy-emo-wolf
Tumblr ||Twitter
Fury

Post by Fury »

All of your pets are so adorable! I love your picture of Drake, Officer. He is so cute!

I miss coming home and having a doggy greeting but I go and see my dads Lurcher when I can. I can't believe how much she has grown.
Spoiler: open/close
When my brother and dad first got her...

And now. Yeah. My brother looks weird here.

Apparently she did this herself but I'm not sure I believe Dan...