It's 11:35 PM, and I just realized what today is.

Non-neopets general discussion.
nanabobo567

It's 11:35 PM, and I just realized what today is.

Post by nanabobo567 »

Today isn't just the day Halo 3 was released in America. Today wasn't just the day we got most of the last number for marching band. Today was my birthday. I am now sixteen. Rounding I'm twenty. Where has the time gone? How old was I when I first joined the original Neocolours, like... twelve or thirteen? Before I know it, I'll be in college, married, have a kid, retire, and be dead. I don't even have a Wii yet! I don't plan on learning to drive, not only because I wish to save the environment, but also because with my short attention span, my thoughts would be along the lines of, "Okay, make this turn... Darn it, I haven't passed any item boxes for miles! Ooh, look at that shiny pole over there... I bet it's made of aluminum... Hey, I bet there's a new Strong Bad email today!"
So, yeah. Happy birthday to me. Eleven-forty now. Twenty more minutes until I've been sixteen for nearly a day. Time stops for no man... BUT DAMN IF I WON'T TRY TO MAKE IT!!!
Seerow wrote:Aww Nana, I didn't think you meant you were literally dead last night :(
FaerieInGrey

Re: It's 11:35 PM, and I just realized what today is.

Post by FaerieInGrey »

Happy birthday! (I think I missed it, though)
rebelheart

Post by rebelheart »

Happy Birthday! You must've been pretty busy to forget it's your birthday @_@
LΟL
Huggles
Feral Koala

Post by Huggles »

Hahaha! Happy birthday! I'm 25 and I just got my license because of the same reasons. Even though I passed the driving portion the second go round, the instructor still left a little note about me being easily distracted. Moi? The only way I can drive is if I pretend the other cars aren't there and if I die that I still have extra mans. Doesn't make me the most attentive driver, but I'm legal. Nyah!

*shoves cupcakes into her cd drive* I will send them to you via the internets!
Sagrei

Post by Sagrei »

nanabobo567 wrote:I don't plan on learning to drive, not only because I wish to save the environment, but also because with my short attention span, my thoughts would be along the lines of, "Okay, make this turn... Darn it, I haven't passed any item boxes for miles! Ooh, look at that shiny pole over there... I bet it's made of aluminum... Hey, I bet there's a new Strong Bad email today!"
Don't worry yourself too much about that. Everyone does that. Once you get good at driving, it becomes a reflex and your mind splits: half of it focuses on the road and half of it wanders away. You might not remember making all the lefts and rights you took to get to your anywhere, but the car isn't banged up and you got there in time so it's a success. Such is my experience, anyway. It also helps if you pretend that EVERYONE ELSE ON THE ROAD IS OUT TO GET YOU, and act accordingly, the way motorcycle drivers do.

And happy birthday. They get better from here on until you hit 25 and realize you're 83%, give-or-take, to thirty.
ladynight6

Post by ladynight6 »

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!
*huggles*
I missed it didn't I?
But here's cake! :D

Wingsrising
Human Avatar: 157670

Post by Wingsrising »

Happy birthday!
Monkeyguy

Post by Monkeyguy »

Happy Birthday Nana! Growing up and gaining more and more responsibilities sucks, unfortunately it happens to us all. Hope you had a good day!
Image Image Image
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Post by Seerow »

Happy birthday Nana :D Driving sucks. I got my license only because my mom forced me, but I didn't use it to drive until about a year later when I had to get myself to work.

And yup, I don't think your siggy will ever cease to amuse me either :)
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.
Hawk

Post by Hawk »

Happy birthday! I would send you a cake but I don't know where you live :D
Kantark

Post by Kantark »

A rather late Happy Birthday, nana. I hope you had a good time!
Neopets: sparkygoesforth, decommissioned, nightfall, LiveJournal:kantark, Last.FM:Kantark
nanabobo567

Post by nanabobo567 »

I'm surprised there was such a response. The love of people on the Internet is the greatest gift I could ever get.
Well, unless someone's willing to send me a Wii, but that's not very likely. :mrgreen:
Seerow wrote:Aww Nana, I didn't think you meant you were literally dead last night :(