(EDIT: Solved!) Looking for Good Music Editing Software

Non-neopets general discussion.
Fjorab_Teke
Human Avatar: 271433

(EDIT: Solved!) Looking for Good Music Editing Software

Post by Fjorab_Teke »

The ORIGINAL post is in the quotes below. Thanks to a few friends (here and on LJ) I THINK I have found the solution! Yay for Audacity! But I'm still open to ideas and suggestions. :)
Fjorab_Teke wrote:Grar, what a bunch of runaround!

I don't care if I have to pay for it, any reasonable price will do for a decent program!

I'm SO SICK of Windows Media Player, and I would REALLY like a decent program that can help me make my music collection cleaner and properly tagged.

I'm ripping my entire music collection onto my computer in .mp3 format, and a certain too-long in the making project keeps getting delayed because of various problems. One of those is that I want to have CORRECT text tags on my .mp3 music files, as even with the music database, WMP's list isn't entirely complete OR correct. I want a program that will allow me to correct those.

Also, it would be VERY VERY nice if the program could crop songs, such as those that have different segments along one huge piece. Many of these tracks are "indexed," but I've only ever seen ONE stereo that recognizes indexed tracks. (for examples, many Mannheim Steamroller songs and a few from Information Society)

Another VERY nice feature I would like to have is to have two or more tracks melded together, as if not separate. Some albums have songs that lead one into another, and if they're separate .mp3 tracks then the transition has a large gap instead of the intended blend. Some of these I so much prefer together that I would love to have them ALWAYS play one into the other seamlessly. (examples: Van Halen "1984/Jump" and Alan Parsons Project "Sirius/Eye in the Sky")

I went browsing again tonight, and of course even with Best Buy and Circuit City, there's not much of anything but junk to buy around here. Magix MP3 Maker Deluxe looks nice, but when I looked at its horrible reviews online, I decided not to get it.

Hopefully I won't have such problems in finding a decent DVD+RW drive (to play DVDs and burn various media CDs), but I do really want decent music editing software.

Do any of you have any good suggestions?

(I'm crossposting this "help wanted" rant in my webjournals too.)
Last edited by Fjorab_Teke on 28 Sep 2007 06:00 am, edited 2 times in total.
nanabobo567

Re: >:-( Looking for Good Music Editing Software

Post by nanabobo567 »

I can't guarantee anything since I know little to nothing about editing music, but to merge songs from two tracks to one I used Audacity. I got it free from a reliable source. I wish I could find some free software for creating good .mids, though.
Seerow wrote:Aww Nana, I didn't think you meant you were literally dead last night :(
Fjorab_Teke
Human Avatar: 271433

Re: >:-( Looking for Good Music Editing Software

Post by Fjorab_Teke »

Thanks!! Another friend told me about Audacity, and I tried it. It LOOKS like I've officially found the solution to my problems! HUZZAH!!

I hope you find a solution to yours.

*goes to edit main post*