Yay off to Canada

Non-neopets general discussion.
ladynight6

Yay off to Canada

Post by ladynight6 »

Oooh boy, I haven't been around much lately. Been busy with school. *bleurgh* But now it's finally break and I'm off to Canada! :D My first trans-Atlantic flight. I'm leaving tomorrow afternoon, flying to Vancouver. Spending a few days there and visiting UBC. Then I'm going to Toronto to visit three more universities.
Any suggestions on places to see while in Vancouver or Toronto?
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Re: Yay off to Canada

Post by Seerow »

Never been to Canada so I can't recommend anyplace, but I just wanted to say HAVE FUN LAURA! I look forward to lots of pictures :D
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.
Arviragus

Post by Arviragus »

If you're off to Vancouver, the Vancouver Aquarium is a must, and Granville Island is also a lot of fun. Enjoy yourself!
Subeta
nanabobo567

Re: Yay off to Canadia

Post by nanabobo567 »

Oh, Toronto, you say? Well, well, there's a place I know a little about. I went there once. The only thing I can tell you to do in Toronto is to look around at all the shops. All the pictures from my trip are in that link, you otta look around and take pictures, too! Most of those are from Toronto, so you know all the cool stuff to look for.
Seerow wrote:Aww Nana, I didn't think you meant you were literally dead last night :(
bonecrivain
Incorrigible Bookworm
Human Avatar: 157826

Post by bonecrivain »

Aw, Canada? I'm jealous.

I went to a beautiful botanical garden when I was in Vancouver. That's about all I can remember, though...it was so many years ago.

Have fun!
Huggles
Feral Koala

Post by Huggles »

Onoes! Whatever you do, beware of the BEARS! They're everywhere up there. I heard it once on television, so it must be true.
danceu4ia

Post by danceu4ia »

Huggles wrote:Onoes! Whatever you do, beware of the BEARS! They're everywhere up there. I heard it once on television, so it must be true.
I'm being eaten by one right now. O_o

Which universities are you visiting in Toronto? Which one were you hoping to go to? I have no idea what UBC is like, 'cause I'm staying with the Ontarian universities myself..Woo! McMaster!! - Which is a uni I strongly reccommend if you're coming to Canada anyways (It's in Hamilton, about 45-60min from the outskirts of Toronto, Mississauga side)

As for enjoying Toronto...I LURVE the ROM and the Science Center. Watch out for pushy people though..only big city folks are like that. (Actually, I didn't feel as abused in NYC as I do in some areas of Toronto...don't let me influence you though!)

Can't wait for your take! Have fun!
ImageImageImage
Iggy

Post by Iggy »

Huggles wrote:Onoes! Whatever you do, beware of the BEARS! They're everywhere up there. I heard it once on television, so it must be true.
I *am* a bear ;)

Have fun =)
ladynight6

Post by ladynight6 »

*runs in* Wheeeee! I'm back! :D I go back like 11 hours ago! I didn't get to see a lot of the touristy places, my parents don't like those things. And we were tired from all the campus tours. I saw: UBC, University of Toronto, York University and Windsor University. The first three blew me away and the last was a let down. :S And I went to the Vancouver Aquarium, it was awesome.

I'll put up pictures later. Or link ya'll to my photobucket slideshow. When I feel less lazy.
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Post by Seerow »

Yay, welcome back Laura :D Glad you had fun, even if it was a tiring sort of fun :P
I like the Windsor university just because of the name XD The dorms I lived at last were were called Windsor :P
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.
ladynight6

Post by ladynight6 »

Seerow wrote:Yay, welcome back Laura :D Glad you had fun, even if it was a tiring sort of fun :P
I like the Windsor university just because of the name XD The dorms I lived at last were were called Windsor :P
Ah! Well this windsor wasn't very pretty. I have some UBC pictures up, but I'm laaaazy!
danceu4ia

Post by danceu4ia »

awww, you didn't like Windsor? XD

My poor hometown....but I definitely understand that the dorms aren't the ...best...

They do have a worthy law school, engineering program and teachers college...Windsor is therefore swamped with lawyers, engineers and teachers. EEK! The horror! :o
ImageImageImage
ladynight6

Post by ladynight6 »

danceu4ia wrote:awww, you didn't like Windsor? XD

My poor hometown....but I definitely understand that the dorms aren't the ...best...

They do have a worthy law school, engineering program and teachers college...Windsor is therefore swamped with lawyers, engineers and teachers. EEK! The horror! :o
The city was nice, but the school looked kinda dull. Maybe the rainy days had something to do with it, but the other three schools were more my style. Sorry. And I don't wanna be stuck in the city of lawyers, engineers and teachers, I'd get so confused.
Oooh I have finally uploaded a tiny fraction of my pictures from UBC. And put them into a slideshow, which anyone who still wants to see pictures can look at it here.
danceu4ia

Post by danceu4ia »

*looks at date you came to windsor*

Yep, you lucked out and came in the crappiest week of weather I have seen in a LONG time, but no worries, Windsor isn't for everyone.

We have Smog Days...kinda like snow days, but not as environmentally friendly. XD (A notice from my science teacher...according to the weather patterns, the smog from northern Ohio, and Detroit are swept up to Windsor, where our pollution joins in, creating a vortex of fun that isn't totally our fault.)

What programs were you looking for again?
ImageImageImage