A Trip Down Memory Lane

Non-neopets general discussion.
FaerieInGrey

A Trip Down Memory Lane

Post by FaerieInGrey »

So, I was bored and vaguely looking for something, and I went through a bunch of old threads. Then I thought about how awesome some of these threads were and what a great time I've had on this forum with you guys. I talked to someone about it and he said that I should share it so...

Look! Happy days of old:
For the link-phobic, these are all links to forum threads, nothing off-site.

Cracked Up Pandas
When I was a Dalmation
A Birthday of Enri's
The Handwriting Thread
Neocolourstown!
Immense Thread of Giving

I'd say that those are my favourite threads of all time. Hope you enjoyed the time machine!
Kidnemo

Re: A Trip Down Memory Lane

Post by Kidnemo »

oof, just quickly gonna post before I go to bed, we've had some great times on NC, especially chit-chat, it's a shame things seem sort of.. quieter now, we should liven it up.
The handwriting thread was awesome, I like looking at picture threads too :P and meme-like threads. I totally forgot about that chemical thread Meghan, good times.

Ooh remember when we had that "question you always wanted to know the answer to" thread? I learnt so much, haha.
bonecrivain
Incorrigible Bookworm
Human Avatar: 157826

Post by bonecrivain »

Y'know, I was just thinking about that handwriting thread the other day. My handwriting looks awful there, though...and I'm surprised those links are still active. I thought I didn't actually own that website anymore. Hmmm. But yeah, I do miss a lot of things from The Old Days, especially in chit-chat. We had a lot of really interesting debates and quirky threads. I'd completely forgotten about Neocolourstown. Good lord, my puppy house is hideously bright.
Enriana
Human Avatar: 155464

Post by Enriana »

Oh god, my birthday recording. (Yes, there's a voice clip on that thread.) That's just hilarious.

And Neocolourstown is awesome! My balloon house, hee.

Now I'm all nostalgic. ;)

I'm gonna do that Immense Thread Of Giving for Subeta, woot.
FaerieInGrey

Post by FaerieInGrey »

I loved your birthday TS chat. I could never actually chat in TS, but I could listen and type.
bonecrivain
Incorrigible Bookworm
Human Avatar: 157826

Post by bonecrivain »

Same here. I remember Enri bugging several of us (me and Topher, especially) to buy mics, but I never did. Now that I have one, the TS chats don't exist anymore. I always had fun listening and typing, though. And the Monopoly games were fun, too, even though I consistently lost.
Figment
Girl Anachronism

Post by Figment »

We are so awesome! I love NC! the end.

It makes me sad that I never got around to posting a sample of my handwriting because, I assure you all, I have lovely handwriting about 8% of the time.

Did we ever do a thread with voiceclips of ourselves? If not, we totally should. I've got lots of recordings of me reciting poetry that I could post. :P
oogabooga

Post by oogabooga »

Figment wrote:Did we ever do a thread with voiceclips of ourselves?
Not that I can remember, and even if we did - we've had many many picture threads.
Spivsy

Post by Spivsy »