Neocolours Christmas Card Exchange?

Non-neopets general discussion.
Jazzy
Devil's Advocate

Re: Neocolours Christmas Card Exchange?

Post by Jazzy »

I'd love to do this; the only caveat I have is I won't be able to send out an unlimited number of cards, what with the international postage and my general lack of money. I think I'd have to cap it at maybe 20 or so.
Iggy

Post by Iggy »

The issues with my cards is well, they're in french.
Unless you really want me to buy some english ones, and I don't know how easy it would be to find english cards in a 98% french populated town.
Rainbow Daydreamer

Post by Rainbow Daydreamer »

Iggy wrote:The issues with my cards is well, they're in french.
Coolness!

Count me in, just don't tell my parents. ;)
Visit Semiveteran Logic, disliked by eight out of ten Meepits.
daisybell

Post by daisybell »

I think it's more interesting if they're in different languages, Iggy, it's part of the diversity of the people they come from which makes it fun to do.

I'd like to join in, I think.
Neopets wishlists: here
FaerieInGrey

Post by FaerieInGrey »

I want French! In fact, it would fill me with complete joy if you wrote the stuff in my card in French! I'm a French major in college.
danceu4ia

Post by danceu4ia »

Is it too late to sign up? This sounds like an ENORMOUS amount of fun...

though I'm gonna have to request a buddy from North America, unless someone can tell me it'll be *fairly* cheap to send a letter overseas...never done that before.

I love the Isaiah quote that Linus says in Charlie Brown, so I stamped it in all of my handmade Christmas cards, just because, well, it's christmas. :oops: And most of my friends are either Christian, or won't mind. So...I guess I'll be sending a sending a bought Holidays card :P But I'm still looking forward to it.

P.S. the stamp just says "For unto us a child is born" would anyone find that offensive/presumptious/rude?
ImageImageImage
Illuen

Post by Illuen »

I'm in. I warn you though, my left hand has been broken multiple times, including when I was first learning to write, so my handwriting is next to impossible to read for most people. I may end up typing a translation as sorts, if they come out too badly D=.

Also, maybe people should say whether they'd like only cards, or what they're willing to accept? I was thinking about maybe making fudge/a candy and mailing these out in little packs (inspired by the absolute sweetest christmas present I've ever recieved, Emma =D) but I wouldn't want to get anyone in trouble for recieving packages from strange people, and they don't come much stranger than me =P.

Edit: Also, I'm somewhat confused. Some people seem to think we're putting our names in a randomizer, and getting one person to card, while I was under the impression we'd make cards for everyone, and get a ton of cards as well.
No spoony bard could spin a sweeter tale.
Aurinona

Post by Aurinona »

I love getting mail! Always nice to find something in the box besides bills and junk mail trying to sell me insurance. *rolls eyes*

Anyway, this sounds like a lot of fun- count me in!
Iggy

Post by Iggy »

I'm going to see who's in, and I'll send cards to people I want to. I can't write a single one, I'm addicted :)
FaerieInGrey

Post by FaerieInGrey »

Illuen wrote:Edit: Also, I'm somewhat confused. Some people seem to think we're putting our names in a randomizer, and getting one person to card, while I was under the impression we'd make cards for everyone, and get a ton of cards as well.
I'm pretty sure you're right, but I'll admit that the first time I read it, for some reason I was picturing one person. When I read it the second time, it says that everyone will get the list of addresses, so then it would make sense if we were sending multiples.

Jay says that he wants to be a part of my cards, since he doesn't want to buy his own and send them. Heh.
Teragram

Post by Teragram »

That's so cool. I complain constantly about not getting any mail, so that would be so fun.

Anything and everything is cool with me. Hanukkah, Kwanzaa, made-up holiday of choice, Christmas, fudge...you know, whatever. :-D
Jazzy
Devil's Advocate

Post by Jazzy »

Locking now - direct any enquiries to the official signup sticky!