Wait.. It's my birthday again? :x

Non-neopets general discussion.
Aqua

Wait.. It's my birthday again? :x

Post by Aqua »

Yep.. As of today I'm 22. Not much has happened for it so far though since I work soon, but my dad did get a cake yesterday (and yesterday was his birthday. XD). I'm almost sad since the milestones everyone looks forward to (like 18 and 21, though being 21 doesn't mean much where I live in particular) have been passed, and 22 is just 22. At least I don't feel like I've aged rapidly or anything. :D
adi_gallia

Re: Wait.. It's my birthday again? :x

Post by adi_gallia »

Happy Birthday Aqua. I hope you enjoy the rest of your day. ^_^
FaerieInGrey

Post by FaerieInGrey »

Happy happy birthday!
Enriana
Human Avatar: 155464

Post by Enriana »

Happy birthday, Aqua! 22 may not be a "milestone" age, but it's still very cool. You'll be a real life adult any day now! ;)

Also, numerically, 22 is pleasing. Double numbers, and they're even, and 2+2 is 4, and... *rambles*
Cranberry
Human Avatar: 183848

Post by Cranberry »

21 doesn't mean much here (Canada), but it's still fun because you know you can drink in the states if you visit (although in some states they're terribly confused by our IDs, because we write the dates differently -- I had one poor waiter say, "Wait, there's no twenty-fourth month!"). Birthdays do stop being as exciting after that one, but they're still an excuse for cake and presents, and there's nothing wrong with that! Happy birthday. :)
Aqua

Post by Aqua »

Thanks everyone. :D Yeah, I guess being 22 is kinda cool because of the digits..

My day ended up being pretty standard, though a customer gave me roses and a coworker gave me some chocolates. XD No gifts from my family yet, but that's because I'm hard to buy for.. *doesn't mind that much*
EofS

Post by EofS »

22's not too bad an age I've found, though it does seem a lot harder than 21 (also meaningless but still big here) does at first.

That's so sweet that a customer gave you roses. Happy (belated) birthday.
Kantark

Post by Kantark »

Happy twenty-twoth birthday! Sorry, I'm a little on the late side.
Neopets: sparkygoesforth, decommissioned, nightfall, LiveJournal:kantark, Last.FM:Kantark
Huggles
Feral Koala

Post by Huggles »

*birthday huggles*

Woo! Turning 21 is especially uneventful if you don't plan on drinking, ever. Just wait till you turn 25 and realize you're only 5 years away from 30 and 15 from not being able to wear miniskirts.
Aqua

Post by Aqua »

I don't really like skirts anyway, so that'll be alright. :P Don't drink, either.. I'm in Canada and could have been drinking at 18. XD
Cranberry
Human Avatar: 183848

Post by Cranberry »

I sent you a tome of strength that I had in my vault... did you get it? I put it in a dusk giftbox. :)

The drinking age is 19 in my province, but half the people at the bars are 18 anyway. They're pretty slack around here.
Aqua

Post by Aqua »

Yeah, thanks a lot. :D *used it on Cyrus*

I think alberta is wanting to get tougher on drinking, I know there has been talk of raising the drinking age and limiting how cheap bars and stuff can sell alcohol. I'm sure people will always find a way to get drunk though. :p
danceu4ia

Post by danceu4ia »

Yep, legal drinking age in Canada is 19 except in Alberta, Manitoba, and Quebec. Doesn't matter to the Americans, 19 is still younger than the 21 they need to be at home. Every Friday/Sat is American-youth-party-in-Canada-border-towns day!

Happy Birthday, though I am a bit late on the best wishes. ^^
ImageImageImage