Poor puppy

Non-neopets general discussion.
Strawberry Limeade

Poor puppy

Post by Strawberry Limeade »

I came home from work to find our beagle, George, crated in the hallway (he's an outside dog). Normally, his reaction to anyone being near him would be, "People! Must bark! And wiggle! I love people!" He just struggled to lift his head and whimper at me. I talked to my mom and apparently, when my brother went out to feed him tonight, instead of George being happy to see him, he wouldn't move and when my brother went to pet his neck he went crazy. They took him to the vet, and it turns out he has a pinched nerve, which apparently is common in beagles. Anyways, he's on a lot of pain meds and anti-inflammatories now, and he's very very loopy. If this treatment doesn't work, he'll probably have to be put down. We just don't have thousands and thousands of dollars for spinal surgery. :(

I know everybody and their brother on here is an animal lover, so good vibes are appreciated.
Goldenchaos

Re: Poor puppy

Post by Goldenchaos »

Poor little dude. I hope its something that doesnt require surgery, and the meds are enough to keep the little guy from being in pain. *Hug* Sending the good vibes out to you and your puppy
Image Image
ImageImage
Cranberry
Human Avatar: 183848

Post by Cranberry »

Aw, I'm sorry to hear that; it's awful when your pet develops a problem like that so quickly. I hope he won't need surgery. Keep us updated!
KauKrazy

Post by KauKrazy »

A pinched nerve hurts A LOT so I really hope the medication will help! I am thinking about George!
Strawberry Limeade

Post by Strawberry Limeade »

Thanks guys. :)

George is still living inside, but he seems to be doing a little better. He hadn't been eating, and the pain meds were making him barf which was a bad combo, but thankfully he's not getting sick anymore and actually has an appetite. He's a little more active and not so pitiful, but he's still far from normal. Also, it takes FOREVER to get him back in his crate. He goes into full on stubborn mode and just stands there knowing nobody will pull on his leash, since that would hurt.
Alicorn
Human Avatar: 160932

Post by Alicorn »

I'm glad he is feeling better. I hope his recover keeps going good and he's back to normal in no time. ^_^ I shall keep sending good thoughts your way.
Sig/Av by: thelonetiel