Torchwood and Doctor Who

Non-neopets general discussion.
Huggles
Feral Koala

Torchwood and Doctor Who

Post by Huggles »

So I have this burning question that I cannot seem to find an anwser to and is spoilerific, but Jazzy added that nifty new spoiler tag. Yay! Don't click if you haven't watched Reset, season 2 episode 6 of Torchwood, and Doctor Who through all of season 3(season 4 hasn't aired anywhere yet).
Spoiler: open/close
WTH?! Why doesn't anyone know who The Doctor is? Why? The whole planet magical reenergized him with happy thoughts and no one but Jack knows who he is? Just when exactly does The Master's master plan for the end of the world take place? Clearly Martha shows up and recalls those events, so she couldn't have been dropped off before the happened. Logically if it's after, then how the heck does no one else remember or make mention of it ever? Is there some sort of continuity error or thing going on to keep the shows apart, or did I just miss something painfully obvious?
Tom
Human Avatar: 231218

Re: Torchwood and Doctor Who

Post by Tom »

When the Doctor reversed time aboard the ship... whatever it was called, back one year, everything was reversed and everyone forgot what had happened, other than those who were in 'the eye of the storm', as I remember it being put, so Martha's family, his wife, who shot the Master, Captain Jack, Martha, etc. Some things, like the Christmas invasions, are remembered and occasionally referenced to, but are covered up and other than that, I think everyone is pretty much oblivious. Adding on, happy thoughts annoyed me. Painfully cheesy.
Subeta: Thomas
Huggles
Feral Koala

Re: Torchwood and Doctor Who

Post by Huggles »

Ahh. I suppose I need to rewatch a few things then, because I don't remember that happening.
Good gods, yes. That was so dumb.