University/college

Non-neopets general discussion.
gomababe

University/college

Post by gomababe »

I can't be the only person on the forum who's applied to university or college this year, so let's share our experiences on applying to/hearing back from the places we've applied to.

I sent my application to GTTR {the Graduate Teacher Training Registry} a couple of weeks ago and have just got word back from the first university I applied to, the University of Aberdeen. Nothing spectacular, they just want me to send photocopies of the Qualifications I earned so theyy can double-check everything {that and I couldn't remember what courses I took for my degree since I graduated last year >_>}. Hopefully I'll hear back form them not too long after I send this stuff off since they're the only university with spaces still open for their PGDE, otherwise I'll have to apply for clearing or try again next year.
danceu4ia

Re: University/college

Post by danceu4ia »

Hello! I also applied to universities in Canada, since it is my country...so I'm sure it's a bit of a different process over here.

Everyone applies online, and all info needed is put into the system by the high school, so the universities can look at it online.
I applied to 3 universities:
Windsor, McMaster (in Hamilton), and Carleton (in Ottawa). For all of them I applied to the Humanities-Language, literature, history, philosophy, religion.

I got early acceptances to all three, and I've sent in my final acceptance of Carleton's offer, since their program only takes 80 students, and I can graduate with a Bachelor of Humanities, rather than the kinda vague "BA"

So, I shall be moving to my nations capital on labour day weekend, and I am already ridiculously excited. Since I'm a year "late" to the university scene, I guess I'm permitted XDD. I took this year off to work at a local factory for "fundraising".
ImageImageImage
gomababe

Post by gomababe »

Just got a letter from GTTR about the University of Aberdeen taking longer than usual to consider my appplication due to working out interview timing. I'm assuming I'll be getting word back from the university about an interview at some point in the next week then. Hope it isn''t too daunting, I can wing a talk about what I'm currently doing ok, but group discussions can be a bit iffy with me. Hopefully I'll do ok though.
gomababe

Post by gomababe »

Well... shit.

Got rejected, no idea why, they'll probably send a letter out explaining why in the next week or two {or rather, they'd better ¬_¬}.

Oh well... hello there Jobseeker's allowance, my old friend, let's hope we have better luck this time around {I doubt it -_-}.
danceu4ia

Post by danceu4ia »

wow. That really really sucks.

did you apply to anywhere else?
ImageImageImage
gomababe

Post by gomababe »

I did, but by the time my main referee go back to me and I got my application sent off, they were all already full -_-. I guess I'll wait for clearing, see if anywhere comes up, but I'd much rather go to somewhere other than Edinburgh. It's a lovely universtiy and I do have lots of friends there but... I want to go somewhere new, where I can be far more inependent than I am right now {my mother's got it into her head that Edinburgh will be my first choice next time because it's the only uni that doesn't reqiure a 2:1 to get into ¬_¬}.

If that doesn't work.. well I'll seeif I can get a job as a learning assisstant until i can re-apply for next year. Will not be easy though since most councils, in my area at least, ended up doing their budgets incredibly wrong so most schools can't afford learning assisstants even though they need more than ever before. It sucks to be perfectly honest with you, especially since it's the only job I'm probably 'qualified enough' for -_-.