Blood sugar update

Non-neopets general discussion.
Usul_Princess

Blood sugar update

Post by Usul_Princess »

Some of you might remember that in New Years of '07, I was hospitalized in ICU for 4 days having near fatal blood sugar readings. The thing is, diabetes isn't on either side of the family, and we're all pretty heavyset on my mom's side, and no one has it.

Here's the diabetic overview:

70 or lower: Danger zone, hypoglicymia. Not enough glucose in the blood To me this is more dangerous than hyper because anything close to chocolate ingredients can kill you, and it's crucial to test more often.

85-110: Ideal, perfect zone. Someone would be in very good health with or without diabetes.

115-135: Borderline diabetes. Lose 10 lbs, you'll be fine.

180+: Hyperglicymia too much glucose in the blood, go to the doctor.

450-680: Death bed. If you test on your monitor and it's above 600, it'll only display "HIGH" meaning, you better live next to an EMT.

My doctor said one of my readings on admission day was 536.

My monitor saves the previous 500 times you've checked your sugar. Here's my highest reading 7 day average after my discharge date:

And here's my lowest 1 year later, 20 lbs lighter and no insulin or meds.

My diagnosis went from Juvenile type 1, to non-insulin dependent type 2, then type 2 no medication, then false alarm/undetermined diabetes. This happens to less than 1% of scenarios like mine.

My doctors refuse to disclose whether the diabetes was Seroquel medication induced, but as soon as I was taken off it, these were the results. You do the math.

Whoever was praying for me, I want to thank you :) Results like these don't happen by themselves medically nonwithstanding.
Last edited by Usul_Princess on 18 May 2008 04:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage

Thank you TCStarwind for the lovely signature! ^_^

FC bets: http://www.neopets.com/~DazedBoy
Jazzy
Devil's Advocate

Re: Blood sugar update

Post by Jazzy »

That's fantastic, I'm so happy for you!
Cranberry
Human Avatar: 183848

Post by Cranberry »

Wow, that's amazing! I'm glad you're feeling better now. :)
Huggles
Feral Koala

Post by Huggles »

Yays! *huggles* Everyone on both sides of my family is at very high risk, including me. Although I've managed to avoid it despite shirking off most of my exercise plans. Bad Huggles, bad.