Dr. Horrible's Sing Along Blog

Non-neopets general discussion.
Monkeyguy

Re: Dr. Horrible's Sing Along Blog

Post by Monkeyguy »

Ughh!
Spoiler: open/close
Please tell me I'm not the only one who shed a tear. If so I'm going to feel very lame. I thought the ending was great. A death like that can catapult a person two ways (at least in comic book world) and it was a great way to make Dr. Horrible legit.
Image Image Image
Officer 1BDI
Human Avatar: 150891

Post by Officer 1BDI »

I didn't cry, but I did get choked up at the end and felt like there was a huge hole in my heart for the rest of the act. Seriously, as soon as they cut to Penny my giddiness spontaneously vanished and I was staring, gaping, at the monitor until the credits rolled.

I never watched Buffy or Angel, though, and I'm only half-way through Firefly, so I'm not used to Joss' (apparent) tendency to pull the rug out from beneath his audience like that.
Joey
Secret Ninja Mod
Human Avatar: 166931

Post by Joey »

Finally caught up...
Oh man, that was so sad. I didn't cry, which is weird since I'm normally crazy waterworks for stuff like that, but yeah. Poor Penny! I'm glad that Dr. Horrible was able to at least get into the League because of it, so her death wasn't in vain, but still!

Also... The hammer is my penis :D
Oh yeah, and an FYI, it's only going to remain free to view until midnight tonight, so if you were lazy and haven't caught up, you should do so soon. Not that buying it would be a bad thing, I never mind spending a few bucks on awesome.
Kari

Post by Kari »

A friend made me watch the whole thing yesterday.
As she put it, Dr. Horrible got everything he wanted, but Billy lost everything. When they showed Penny I was like "Oh...no..." and quietly watched the rest of it.
derp
lavender
Human Avatar: 168295

Post by lavender »

Missed it by a day or two. Dammit. The trailer is interesting, though.

What a disappointing night I'm having.
{neopets: _lavender} ImageImage Image {subeta: lavenderkennedy}
Monkeyguy

Post by Monkeyguy »

Haha I've been telling all of my friends to watch it since I heard about it and none of them did. So, yesterday I made 6 of them sit down and watch the whole thing with me lol.
Image Image Image
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

I just finally watched this. Mixed feelings. Love the music, and Nathan Fillion, of course. And Dr. Horrible was fantastic, overall; I never liked the actor much (sacrilege, I suppose) but he was actually perfect and I was surprised. But Penny wasn't... anything, to me. She wasn't so much a real character as a plot/character device for Dr. Horrible. I suppose that's not always a bad thing, but--
I had absolutely no sadness when she died, except to realize that it would be a marvelous catalyst for Dr. Horrible.

I just wish she would have had a personality and character traits of her own. Selfless giving to the homeless is more like a void to me than a real trait. She had so little personality that she actually gave up more than she could spare. She liked doing laundry. Aaaand that's all we know. ;P
Image Image
Veo

Post by Veo »

AngharadTy, I agree with you all too well. Felt the same way about Penny, through and through.
Huggles
Feral Koala

Post by Huggles »

I agree somewhat, but I think she mattered to me because she meant so much to him. I only remembered Felicia Day from the Cheetos commercial. But then someone point me towards the The Guild web series about a MMORPG guild meeting in real life and I now I wouldn't have wanted anyone else for the part.