RL Achievements and ToW

Non-neopets general discussion.
champagnesoup

Re: RL Achievements and ToW

Post by champagnesoup »

Major achievement - are we allowed to talk about sexuality on here? Because I just came out to myself about my bisexuality yesterday and I feel so free and happy now :D
Usul_Princess

Post by Usul_Princess »

Heh, yes we are allowed. :) I'm very glad for you, champagne! That's an extreme achievement.
ImageImage

Thank you TCStarwind for the lovely signature! ^_^

FC bets: http://www.neopets.com/~DazedBoy
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

Congratulations! That was something that was a very big deal to me, too.
Image Image
Marah
Human Avatar: 506145

Post by Marah »

Congratulations! That is a great achievement, everything that makes you know and accept and feel better about yourself is worth a celebration! Also, now you have double the amount of people you can flirt with!
champagnesoup

Post by champagnesoup »

Haha Marah, that is definitely an upside :D Thanks everyone for your lovely comments.
Fjorab_Teke
Human Avatar: 271433

Post by Fjorab_Teke »

Awesome! Yes, this forum is pretty open in general toward people who don't fit gender stereotypes, and you're certainly not alone here. :)
Madge

Post by Madge »

HOLY FUCKING SHIT :( :( :(

THere was a massve hailstorm in Perth today, and my car got caught in it. My corolla has easily $1,000 dollars of damage, most of it superficial but $500 of which is a windscreen which needs replacement.

It is the worst storm in Perth's history which is really lame. I'm so mad at myself for leaving my car where it could get damaged, even though I had no way of knowing it would.

I'm just so sad today :(. $500 is a lot of money. I can afford it and all, but man, it's NOT fun, and when I have about $7000 to my name plus the value of my car, it's a chunk I'd rather keep for myself.

Article about storm in case anyone wants to see:
http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2010 ... 853076.htm

In silver lining news, I should be getting my outdoor wheels for my skates tomorrow sometime! So that'll be fun :). And I can get my windscreen repaired tomorrow.
Foghawk
Human Avatar: 254768

Post by Foghawk »

Aw Madge, that sucks. Cars are frustrating. :<

In other news, I won science medals! Three. Including a gold (not actually gold). And our school's team is going to the state competitions, which is pretty awesome.
Also I have been dragged to Florida, which I guess is an achievement too?
Huggles
Feral Koala

Post by Huggles »

Depends on if you were dragged there by an alligator, I suppose.

teehee

That's a sucky thing to hear about your car. I cringe every time it rains because I'm afraid I might have to pay about the same to get a skylight fixed. It's not my house, but it is my bathroom.
Fjorab_Teke
Human Avatar: 271433

Post by Fjorab_Teke »

Boo on hailstorm damages. :(

I'm going to be totally cheesy and say today's achievement was logging on here. I love you, Neocolours people!! ♥
Madge

Post by Madge »

I managed to get my car's windscreen replaced already, and it only cost me $300 - a big company wanted $487 but a WA-owned company did it for $300 so I was pretty happy :).

The whole car is covered in hailstone dents though! I mean covered! It's like I parked in a driving range haha :P.

I also got my new skate/outdoor wheels today so I'm pretty happy. I might go and skate for 10-15 minutes :).

I don't know how people who live in areas that are regularly affected by this sort of weather survive, though! We've had hail before but never big stones like this (about 1.5 inches in diameter)
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

Post by Jessi »

This is a huge (slightly scary) achievement for both Lindsey and I, but we just got approved for a loan on our very first new car! We both have cars, but this is the first one we're getting ourselves... and it will be brand new, fresh off the lot!

It's a Honda Fit, a cute sub-compact hatchback car, and we're getting it in an adorable metallic light blue color - SO EXCITED!
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

Post by Jessi »

Doube posting cause... yeah, this is something totally different.

Lindsey has been having funny allergic reactions that show up as a rash only in her hands and feet. We're not sure if they're actually allergies or some sort of eczema. But to put last night in a nutshell, her fingers started swelling so bad we had to take her to the ER to get her wedding ring cut off =/

She is all right and the swelling and itching are gone, but her wedding ring is in two pieces and we were at the ER for over two hours in the middle of the night, heh. Feeling very sleepy today, and a bit bummed, but glad she's okay.
Officer 1BDI
Human Avatar: 150891

Post by Officer 1BDI »

Oh no! I'm really glad that Lindsey is ok, but I'm sorry about her wedding ring. :( I hope you're able to figure out what's causing that reaction soon.
Huggles
Feral Koala

Post by Huggles »

Could there be something they sprayed in your car or on the seats? Like air freshener or cleaner?