RL Achievements and ToW

Non-neopets general discussion.
Alicorn
Human Avatar: 160932

Re: RL Achievements and ToW

Post by Alicorn »

I also first dyed my hair when in high school. Instead I permanent hair dye. And haven't stopped since. I also find it so much fun. I havn't done any wild or crazy colours though I would love too. One day I might splurge and pay for proffesion hair dye job. Till then I do all myself. I also have blonde hair and get so many people that are shocked that I dye it.

Anywho, I ditto the pictures being posted!
Sig/Av by: thelonetiel
Joey
Secret Ninja Mod
Human Avatar: 166931

Post by Joey »

I think I first dyed my hair in middle school, bright red for Halloween when I went as Jessie from Team Rocket. I was actually thinking today it might be fun to do a purple streak or something.
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

Post by Jessi »

The last time I dyed my hair myself was right before my wedding. I dripped hair dye in my ear and gave myself a chemical burn on my ear drum. The resulting ear infection I had DURING and after the wedding was not fun xD

My point is, Tom, watch your ears! i'd dyed my hair myself several years before that and that was the only time I made that mistake.

My friend Colleen convinced me to get my hair cut and colored professionally shortly after that... and now I've been doing that for almost two years xD I can't imagine dyeing my hair myself now, I love the job my stylist does so much!
Fjorab_Teke
Human Avatar: 271433

Post by Fjorab_Teke »

After some hunting, we finally found a replacement for my husband's totaled car, a 3-hour drive away since we're both picky. I wanted a specific body style and color (the '98-'02 Toyota Corolla in teal blue, like the one we had), and my husband wanted cruise control (which was available but wasn't in the car we had).

In lovely Ventura, California, there was a little old-style car dealer, and he had the one we decided to get. So although it's a year older with more miles than the car we had, it has more features and we bought it outright with the insurance money from the wreck - with a few hundred dollars to spare! :D There's one minor concern about a possible leak, but we'll have it checked out and see if it's anything to worry about.
Tom
Human Avatar: 231218

Post by Tom »

Well, to sum it up, my hair dying experience has been... fun, yet somewhat brief. My friends helped me dye it last Saturday and it definitely didn't go black - I'd say a pretty dark brown/red but it looked pretty nice! But since then, it's been fading pretty fast and is now down to a kinda mousy brown, despite trying my best to prevent it (unbearably cold showers and blow drying it every day - whenever I touch it with the towel, you can see the dye coming out. My hair is thin so it usually dries really quickly after ruffling it through with a towel). My friend said she can see pinky/purple streaks in it, but I have no idea where. The blonde is starting to come through though. I went out tonight, though, and very few people noticed my hair - the usual comment was along 'I see you're blonde again' or 'what happened to your dark hair?' which is totally puzzling to me because it's still so different from what I'm used to! People who I hadn't seen this week totally neglected to mention it for ages. But some people said they liked it so... yaaaaay. Perhaps dying it has been for the best - at least people can appreciate JUST how blonde it was when it turns back. XD I'd give it about a week tops before it's basically all gone and I'll go out of my way to get rid of it. I'm then planning more hair adventures - probably going to leave it for about a week to savour it... before dying it with permanent black. Supposedly it's a bitch to get rid of, so I'm planning on using the rest of the semi-perm as the roots start coming through which should be... interesting.

Anyway, prepare for the vanity. Here's a little bit of a timeline!

Here's me a couple of weeks ago - you can see how blonde I was in the first picture. And my flatmate pulling a really seductive face. And the second one is me being really posey. Teehee.
Spoiler: open/close
Image Image
Here's when I sprayed it for Halloween - being unkempt and wild. And I was totally the best devil ever. I found my mask horrific though. XD It stayed out of sight for most of the evening. Neither are particularly flattering, but you can see the colour pretty easily.
Image Image
Shock, horror! This is last Saturday night, after having dyed it. Haha, again not too flattering, but focus on the hair. :P
Image Image
I took a few more photos back at home afterwards to show it in 'better' lighting. It looks a bit darker, but you can still see the red somewhat.
Image Image Image
And then finally tonight! I just took a few photos with my webcam now. It's so brown that it mystifies me as to how anyone could think otherwise. XD But yes, you be the judge I suppose.
Image Image Image Image Image
So that's my ~*hair journey*~ to date - I shall hopefully have more to update on before long. :D
Subeta: Thomas
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

Post by Jessi »

omg Tom, you are so freaking adorable xD That hair color really looks fabulous on you!
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

Agreed, just too cute. =D
Image Image
Garrett

Post by Garrett »

Where do I begin? My 2 month old iPhone 4 refuses to charge so I had to send it away on Friday. I was given a loan phone while mine is being repaired and they don't give me a charger for it. Oh and they roster me on at work for my little brother's graduation, and it is virtually impossible to swap my shift this week. Ugh.
Alicorn

Post by Alicorn »

Tom, you and your hair is so cute! I love it. ^-^

Now on to my rant...

Well after about 2 years my graphics card fan seems to be dieing. The graphics card itself still works but the fan doesn't want to run. I have to tap it a few times to make it start running again. So I'm going to be ordering a new one. I did some looking and found I could replace the fan (which is to much of a hassle, don't even think I could get the right fan for this card) or try oiling it. I was thinking of oiling it having found a how to guide with pictures and it seem simple enough. But then I looked at my fan and saw it didn't have screws and looked like it be harder to get off then the how to guide's fan. So I didn't want to try just to break my card and buy a new card anyway. So I went through the fun task of trying to find one that would work with my computer (damn Inspiron 530 and not wanting to work with good cards! DX ). I found one online that looks like it'll work and that is nicely priced and has good ratings. Now just to wait for it to come in the mail. And hope my current graphics card can hold out till then and not over heat on me. To be safe I keep opening it up and tapping the fan to make it go again atleast for a little while. Makes me wish I had an electronics store near us that sold graphics card. The one there is has slim pickings in items. After all of this, I swear it's easier shopping for a full computer then it is a graphics card. XP [/rant]
Fury

Post by Fury »

I don't usually post in this topic but thought I'd share this dire tale and hopefully make some of you gigglesnort at my expense.

AchievaWoe: I went to my work's Christmas do last night (it's always in November for some reason) which was a blast. We went to a lovely little restaurant which serves great food. My bosses are very generous when it comes to the Xmas party as they pay for the whole thing and you can have as much drink as you like; which is fantastic if you're not a complete lightweight like me. Two glasses of Rose Wine in and I'm merry as hell (luckily everyone else was being noisy) and I'm sitting on laps, hugging, touching and being a general arsehead. I actually had a horrific memory/flashback this morning of biting somebodys ear but I have no idea who's or if it even happened.
I was beckoned outside by my manager Howard (who was rather pissed) having a drink with another store manager and one of the owners of the company. Long story short, I openly proclaimed to them all that I was dying for the toilet, told them all 'I mustn't make an idiot of myself in front of the management' and then stroked the owners chest. Yeah. I then spent most of the rest of the evening screeching to everyone (including his mother, father and sister who are also all owners of the company) that I'd made a fool of myself and trying hopelessly to convince other colleagues to do something even worse to him (I seem to remember suggesting "Go and grab his crotch!" to someone) in the vague hopes that he would forget I touched him. At one point, I even sat on the floor in the middle of the restaurant. I have no idea why. Ugh. I think the worst part is that a lot of other people were sober. I wouldn't mind being a fanny if everyone else was a fanny also!

Anyway, most of us went to a bar for a dance afterwards and I am *pretty* sure either the lechy, smelly Electrician the company employs or the stupid goldsmith who works up in the workshop (we work in a jewellers) grabbed my arse. So yeah.

TOMORROW WON'T BE AWKWARD AT ALL. Good going, Alice. /dies
Kantark

Post by Kantark »

Ouch! Though you might find that everyone else was drunk (or at least forgetful) and you'll get away with it ;-) I think the worst embarassment I've ever managed is very poor karaoke singing. Or wearing a rabbit on my head. Or a couple of years back ending up in a nightclub and being the oldest person there.
Fury wrote:AchievaWoe: I went to my work's Christmas do last night (it's always in November for some reason) which was a blast.
Lucky! Ours is normally in March/April for reasons too stupid to explain. Though this year for the first time ever it's in December, yay!
Neopets: sparkygoesforth, decommissioned, nightfall, LiveJournal:kantark, Last.FM:Kantark
EofS

Post by EofS »

We had one in August when it seemed likely that by the time Christmas rolled around, such things would be very much not on the cards anymore.

We turned out to be correct.
FaerieInGrey

Post by FaerieInGrey »

Heh, oh dear.

Hope it doesn't end too badly for you.
Alicorn

Post by Alicorn »

Ooooh, poor Fury. I hope everything went well the next day at work.

To update on my rant above...I received my graphics card in the mail today, whoot! And so far so good. I find things look crisper too, very nice. It's also so small too! It's half the size of my old card. o.o
I'm happy to have that out of my head now. And it's nice I don't have to hijack my wife's laptop anymore to watch my shows. XD
Silver Link

Post by Silver Link »

I got engaged today and I was totally blindsided. I was eating my Thanksgiving meal when I was asked to pass the cranberry sauce to my father. I did but he wouldn't take it and was just staring at me. I was confused when my boyfriend took the bowl away from me and I saw my dad and my boyfriend's stepfather take out cameras. I had no idea why they took them out until my boyfriend turned me around and he was on one knee. He proposed but my mouth was full so I couldn't reply for a bit. I did say yes but I also remember saying "you son of a bitch." It's quite in line with how I think when I'm surprised