RL Achievements and ToW

Non-neopets general discussion.
chocolatefairy13

Re: RL Achievements and ToW

Post by chocolatefairy13 »

Buttersauce -- We had snow here in Texas back in December!
It was the most snow we've ever had....like 6 inches!
It NEVER snows here, so everybody (including myself!) in my neighborhood was outside at 1 am playing in the snow.

Definitely a funny site to see the makeshift Winter clothing that night.
It started snowing just as I was about to go to bed, so I had my night gown on.
I grabbed a pair of warmup pants, slipper socks, shoes, hat, gloves, coat, and my camera, and ran outside!

Try making snow angels in a night gown! LOL
Fjorab_Teke
Human Avatar: 271433

Post by Fjorab_Teke »

I was hoping the snow would hit here (northeast TN), but we just got a light sprinkling. No fair. Ah well, at least it's still the best snow season we've had in YEARS. Although with driving responsibilities and obligations to get places dampening the cheer of snow (due to the resulting icy roads), I still love the stuff!

Small silly achievement:
I discovered that the closest local Greyhound rescue group holds monthly meetings at the PetSmart in my hometown! I wish I had known sooner. But at least now, while I'm near home, I can go once a month to gawk at and pet some gorgeous dogs, and maybe sometime (if/when I get my own permanent home) I can walk out from one of those meetups WITH one.
Buttersauce

Post by Buttersauce »

chocolatefairy13 wrote:Buttersauce -- We had snow here in Texas back in December!
It was the most snow we've ever had....like 6 inches!
It NEVER snows here, so everybody (including myself!) in my neighborhood was outside at 1 am playing in the snow.

Definitely a funny site to see the makeshift Winter clothing that night.
It started snowing just as I was about to go to bed, so I had my night gown on.
I grabbed a pair of warmup pants, slipper socks, shoes, hat, gloves, coat, and my camera, and ran outside!

Try making snow angels in a night gown! LOL
It's amazing since we haven't had snow that actually accumulated in more than a decade. Not to mention that was my very first snow day.

People were driving around with HUGE clumps of snow on their car hoods that day. One poor man's car was almost entirely covered with snow so it looked like he was driving a snow sculpture around. XD
ImageImage
Friend Code:
3565-8412-4029
Huggles
Feral Koala

Post by Huggles »

I paid off my credit card. Yay! I still make negative money since I owe around 4k for a student loan, but this is as close to zero as I've been in a while. Taking into account all my loans since I graduated from high school, nearly 9 freaking years ago, I've paid off about 50k. Oh gods, think of all the cookies I could have bought with that.
Usul_Princess

Post by Usul_Princess »

Congrats Huggles! That's a lot of cookies.

Woe?: I almost got socked in the face on campus today for a random debate that was sour the minute it started. (So yeah, it's kinda my fault for getting lured into a conversation that I knew went nowhere.)

We finally got off the "Octo-mom" crap, and shifted the conversation to 21st century riots. Someone was saying how they seemed to be much more frequent, than the memorable ones, and I agreed with him. I said that eventually they'll make the previous big legit ones lose meaning, and that I really get sick of people abusing them, and I can't stomach "flame throwers" like Al Sharpton who will make something out of an issue that isn't even close to a hot button and relate it back to racism. This caused some over emotion with another girl who was half listening, and she wanted to actually fight me over it. Calling me insensitive...aiuonjkdsalhulwer!.....
It made her more upset that I didn't even flinch over it because I was trying to convince her it was an opinion.

...I just walked away and went to Geometry class. I'm getting a migrane just thinking about it again.
ImageImage

Thank you TCStarwind for the lovely signature! ^_^

FC bets: http://www.neopets.com/~DazedBoy
lavender
Human Avatar: 168295

Post by lavender »

::hugs her internet:: I missed you!!!! OMG, 6 days without internet is bleeeh! So much happier - and less bored!

I'm taking a WELL DESERVED week off from work. Paid vacation = awesome.
Since I had no internet to entertain me, I've been working on cleaning up my room a bit. I looks slightly better, I think. Totally not suitable for the bedroom picture thread, though. :P
{neopets: _lavender} ImageImage Image {subeta: lavenderkennedy}
Joey
Secret Ninja Mod
Human Avatar: 166931

Post by Joey »

Awesome: We started orchestra rehearsal last night, and we get to play this song- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eTPiZup0 ... re=related
Huggles
Feral Koala

Post by Huggles »

Why has no one told me about the hakas performed in soccer and rugby matches? I pretty much universally hate all sports, but omg I love the haka. I feel as if I've just discovered s'mores. And my woe is now I'm going to spend hours on the interwebs learning about it.
Fjorab_Teke

Post by Fjorab_Teke »

I have just had the most awesome past week or so! If you want to read the main reasons why, here's my "Tuesday Top 10" entry on why I'm all giddy!

http://fjorab-teke.livejournal.com/576469.html
Huggles
Feral Koala

Post by Huggles »

Congrats on your awesome life list, Fjorab.

I bought a new white computer chair, from IKEA. Almost everything I've read about them is very positive, but I've never bought anything from them. There isn't a store near here nor have bought anything from them online, before the chair. The instructions are simplistic, and hilarious. However, they neglect to mention that in order to put the casters into the base of the chair, one needs to have to the strength of several people considerably stronger than I am. It wasn't until I got frustrated and shoved one of them in and pushed for a good long while that I realized I wasn't breaking it. It's lovely now, but I was not fully prepared by the 3-step instruction manual. Pamphlet. Memo. Flash card.
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

Does it have a O_O face like in that catalog image, Huggles?
Image Image
Huggles
Feral Koala

Post by Huggles »

Ha, no! I just noticed that. Mine is pure white, so it has no designs. The floral pattern would clash horrible with my room. At least, that's what I think you mean.
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen

Post by AngharadTy »

Yeah, that's what I meant. I would rather have a solid-color chair, definitely. I think I would feel odd sitting on something's face with regularity.
Image Image
Fjorab_Teke

Post by Fjorab_Teke »

Thanks, Huggles! I would be tempted to get the black one there. I need a new computer chair soon.

I have a tendency to post a lot here. But this stretch of time has just been made of awesomeness for me.

Here's my latest, again best served by a LJ link!

http://fjorab-teke.livejournal.com/2009/03/11/
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen

Post by AngharadTy »

I am a wee bit jealous of you there, Fjorab. That's a surprisingly lucky golf ball!
Image Image