RL Achievements and ToW

Non-neopets general discussion.
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

Re: RL Achievements and ToW

Post by Jessi »

Biggest Woe Ever.

We had a thunderstorm a few days ago, and in typical 'me' fashion, I didn't bother to turn off my computer or whatever. I'm not scared of power surges, nooo!

Except apparently, when the power DID go out, it fried our Wii ;_____;

Luckily when we bought it nearly a year ago, we also bought a year replacement plan, and they said we can just bring it in and they'll swap it out for us - they'll also test it to see if it might be a problem with our power cord or anything else.

The bad part is we have a game stuck in there. It's a GameCube game, and we can probably buy it again cheap, but still :< Stupid game. Also, there's the possibility we'll lose all of our Virtual Console shit - supposedly if you call them and explain the situation, they'll move your VC stuff from one Wii to the other. I sure hope so ;_;

So I still will probably sit at my computer during a thunderstorm, but from now on, the Wii gets turned off ;_;
Iggy

Post by Iggy »

Well, it happened to our Wii as well, and a couple hours without power solved the issue in our case. :)
Jessi

Post by Jessi »

Well our Wii hasn't been turned on in nearly a week, Iggy; It wasn't that the power just went out xD We just haven't played since the storm, and went to play tonight, and nothing.

It worked at the game store however, so we got a new power adapter and we're about to see if it works... I will edit after we check xD

EDIT: IT WORKED! Our Wii is back in all of its Wii glory xD
Kari

Post by Kari »

Congrats, Jessi. I lost a modem and external HD to a storm last year, which somehow messed up my computer so it didn't hook to the internet, and that messed up my mp3 player. So I had to buy a new computer, mp3 player, and external HD, and trade my modem in. Two weeks later, my mom lost her computer to a storm.
derp
chocolatefairy13

Post by chocolatefairy13 »

Jessi, I had a similar thing happen to my Wii after a storm last May.
The lights "blinked" during the night, and I wasn't able to try and play the Wii for several more days because I was going out of town that morning.
When I got back, I wanted to resume my Mario Kart addiction, and the Wii wouldn't turn on for ANYTHING.
I thought that I was going to have to take it back, but my main worry was that my copy of Mario Kart was in there! :shock:
The solution (after stressing, reading, and stressing some more) was to unplug the power cord from the POWER SOURCE for about a minute to let the power cord reset itself.
Stupid me thought that the instructions meant for me to unplug the power cord from the Wii to reset the power. LOL
Anyway, my Wii has been fine ever since.
Jessi

Post by Jessi »

Hm, we tried unplugging it from the power strip, but I don't think we left it out that long. I will keep that in mind in case something this tragic ever happens again xD
lavender
Human Avatar: 168295

Post by lavender »

Woe: Computer broke.

Yay: Computer got fixed!

Woe: All my settings (including Firefox) got reset and everything looks different... eww.

Argh. What a pain. But at least all our stuff didn't get deleted! ::hugs computer::

{eta} Oh, blerg. The cut/copy/paste buttons on the left side of the keyboard don't work anymore :( How the hell am I gonna do Subeta quests, now?!
Last edited by lavender on 29 Mar 2009 04:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
{neopets: _lavender} ImageImage Image {subeta: lavenderkennedy}
Madge

Post by Madge »

Wahoo! I recently turned 21! Turning 21 means you get a lot of stuff, apparently! I also got a little bit drunk.

I had a cowboy-themed birthday party so I could play country music without people having a real excuse to complain. It was super awesome spectacular and Anna came!
Spoiler: open/close
(click spoiler tag to see image, I am worried it may stretch a screen or two)

See! She came and we are both awesome!

And my grandmother gave me a gideon bible. Um, I have like 3 bibles, and that makes my second gideon bible. Thanks grandma!

She also gave me this weird crystal table setting though so it's not like she stinged out. It's just like, hm. Weird thing to get alongside the plastic penis drinking straw Ant got me :P
Usul_Princess

Post by Usul_Princess »

I went to see The Lion King broadway play yesterday, and it was very good. :) I had no idea that props could have such a huge impact on the play itself. I would have loved to take pictures, but there were security guards there....with billys. Two of the understudies were there, one of them played Zazu, and I have to say he was the best actor of them all.
ImageImage

Thank you TCStarwind for the lovely signature! ^_^

FC bets: http://www.neopets.com/~DazedBoy
Jessi

Post by Jessi »

Woe woe woe

Lindsey and I are leaving in about an hour to go pick up Rah from the airport, and I just pulled a muscle in my back - while I was leaning over to pick up a pair of pants! No joke. Way to go, me x__X
Cranberry
Human Avatar: 183848

Post by Cranberry »

RAH! Say hi to her for me. I wish I lived closer to Montreal (I think it's her one Canadian stop) so I could see her. I hope you recover quickly so you can have fun. :)
Huggles
Feral Koala

Post by Huggles »

What the heck did you use to blackmail Rah into flying out so you can kidnap her? Inquiring minds want to know.

And happy belated birthday, Madge. Anna? Which one?

Woe: I am pissed off. I have a debit card that has given me nothing but trouble. I specifically got one so I wouldn't be tempted to use my credit card to buy things I cannot afford. I specifically asked if there would be any fees other than atm transaction fees, and they said no. The first week I had it, I used it everywhere, and then a couple days later my mom finally gave me my mail. I got charged two bucks for each and every purchase I made. Yeah...I asked around and no one else I know with the same debit card had this happen. When I went to the credit union the people working at the time had no clue either. In the mean time, I decide to only use it to make large withdrawals from the atm. I'd try to actually see what's going on, but the hours they're open are the hours I'm working. Which is funny because part of the reason I got a card was because It was hard finding time to physically visit my credit union. Anyway, I went to the atm after work today because I got paid yesterday and I have direct deposit to my account. I switched around the first two numbers of my pin. Not a big deal, I thought. I'll just have to try again or come back later. Not so said the machine. It ate my freaking card and told me to have a nice day. Which means I am now back to square one and have to find some time to go to the credit union to get money, cancel my card, and find some place else to do my banking.
Jessi

Post by Jessi »

Huggles - Rah is doing a trip across the east coast and midwest, and we were one of her stops. Don't worry, we'll return her... mostly unharmed ;D
Alicorn
Human Avatar: 160932

Post by Alicorn »

Jessi: So very cool about Rah visiting. I bet that'll be fun! Though that's a bummer on your back. I hope it'll be feeling better real quick. Seems pulled backs are going around. My wife pulled hers a few days ago.

Huggles: So sorry to hear about your debit card. Ouch. Best of luck to you with that.

Madge: Happy belated birthday to you! You make a smexy cowgirl. XD

Good news for me! The other day both me and my wife got something in the mail from immigration. Now I'm pretty sure I posted here before I've been working on being able to stay in Canada forever. Me and my wife sent in applications for sponsorship and permanent residence. Well what we got in the mail was about that. My wife was okayed to be my sponsor and I meet almost all the requirements for being a permanent residence, yay! \o/ All I have left to do is get my fingerprints taken and send them to the FBI for criminal background check and get a medical check up. So that won't be a big deal. They also say I can apply for a work permit so double yay! There is a bit of bad news though. Just last week we sent off the application to extend my temp stay along with 200 bucks. But with this I don't think we needed to do that. We're going to call in a couple weeks and see for sure. It be nice if we could get the 200 bucks back. But ah well. It's all worth it in the end.
Sig/Av by: thelonetiel
Kari

Post by Kari »

Woe: Last week, the admin of another board I go to pulled an April Fools' prank on them. None of them took it well, and it turned into a huge fight that made people leave. The admin decided to step aside and give admin powers to one of the mods, and we picked new mods and were pretty much on track to recovery. Everyone was calm, etc.

This morning the former admin permanently deleted the board, and the site it was connected to :|
derp