RL Achievements and ToW

Non-neopets general discussion.
Rainbow Daydreamer

RL Achievements and ToW

Post by Rainbow Daydreamer »

My computer decided I have suffered enough, and I'm back into the NC! (Still no MSN however. Must go over and bug the IT department.)

So, hiya everyone. Sorry I've been absent. At least you didn't start the next 'wolf without me...
Visit Semiveteran Logic, disliked by eight out of ten Meepits.
Joey
Secret Ninja Mod
Human Avatar: 166931

Re: RL Achievements and ToW

Post by Joey »

I'm not sure we actually finished the last 'wolf o_O
Jamie

Post by Jamie »

Achievement:

I've moved out of home to Brisbane! For university, which is going to start on the 2nd of March. It hasn't bothered me too much yet, but I do ofcourse miss my family and friends a lot since I had to relocate 8 hours away. I'm looking for a job now and sorting everything out to get ready for university. Which promises to be.. fun..
Alicorn
Human Avatar: 160932

Post by Alicorn »

It's me and my wife's first year wedding anniversary. Yay! Wow, I can't believe it's been a year already. The time just flew by. Probably because it's just been so much fun. XD We didn't really do much today. Just had a nice dinner together with desert and just spent time with each other talking. She's fighting off bronchitis so we couldn't really do to much. But it was fun just the same! For presents I got her a juicier (she's been wanting one forever) and she got me an 8 gig video/mp3 player (which is more a combo anniversary/christmas present, long story on that). Then we exchanged gifts on Subeta too, hehehe. I'm so very happy and so very lucky. ^_^ Here's to many more years!
Sig/Av by: thelonetiel
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

Post by Jessi »

Aww, congrats Alicorn! Sounds like you two had a lovely day!
Monkeyguy

Post by Monkeyguy »

Just in time for Valentine's Day (do we like this holiday around here) I has a date! The circumstances of our meeting are rather odd, but hopefully it goes well.
Image Image Image
Huggles
Feral Koala

Post by Huggles »

Not an actual achievement, but a random realization that I didn't know where else to post. After browsing YouTube for dance videos, I came upon some military cadences. I'd heard them before in movies and things, but I have little experience with them in general. But, I'm still surprised it took me so long to realize that many of the hand games and dances I did as a child, with corresponding rhymes or chants, were strikingly similar. We had drill teams, which to me was just a weird name for dance teams and I wasn't ever a part of any. Kind of a giant DUH moment, but bizarre to think about in retrospect. Especially how dirty most of them would be to anyone over 7.
Fjorab_Teke
Human Avatar: 271433

Post by Fjorab_Teke »

No kidding. They were the origin of many hand-jives and camp songs. And some of the stuff they say, yep pretty moral-virginity-busting. *is an Army wife* My husband and I are amused by them though, and occasionally we make some lines up ourselves. We get silly and somewhat suggestive, but nothing actually raunchy like some of the actual ones some drill sergeants have rattled out. "I don't know, but it's been said - *E* sleeps with a dog in bed!" Well, he does - the plush dog I gave him as a teddy bear. :P

Achieveawoe? - I'm on the way to being certain nobody EVER sets up residence in my womb. I'm trying to track down my best options to render the parts nonfunctional in various ways, and part of it is tracking down whether insurance covers what. The highway to freedom is riddled with weird toll booths. :P

At least my arm is getting more and more useful again, and my eye surgery should be all done with (yay for such nice vision in it!).
Usul_Princess

Post by Usul_Princess »

Fjorab_Teke wrote: Achieveawoe? - I'm on the way to being certain nobody EVER sets up residence in my womb.

Heheh! I'm writing that down as another infamous NC quote. That's a great way to put it.
ImageImage

Thank you TCStarwind for the lovely signature! ^_^

FC bets: http://www.neopets.com/~DazedBoy
Jessi

Post by Jessi »

Achievement! :D KU beat Oklahoma tonight in basketball 87-78, which is awesome, because not only will our rank shoot up (Oklahoma was 3, and we were 15) but we're now the #1 team in the Big Twelve conference!

...really, only Ty and Fjorab probably understand my insane rambling ;_; Ty cause she already had to listen to it once, and Fjorab because she knows what a nutso KU fan I am xD
lavender
Human Avatar: 168295

Post by lavender »

Only because OU lost their best player :P Sorry, lifelong KU hater here. It's in my blood!

Good luck next Sunday ;)
{neopets: _lavender} ImageImage Image {subeta: lavenderkennedy}
Fjorab_Teke
Human Avatar: 271433

Post by Fjorab_Teke »

Haha, I had answered a poll on a wrestling forum I'm on (only there because of a fun friend and some other interesting chatter but still mostly sports)...and voted that Oklahoma would win it all. I'm not upset to see I'm wrong, haha! And I'm a sports nut too. I'm still all stupidly smug about my Steelers' 6th Superbowl win. :P And unless they're up against one of my most favoritous teams, I'm a KU fan by proxy now. :)

I'm hopefully making headway regarding the insurance issue, after several calls and and extra clinic visit and such. I got home and took a long nap, tired headachey. If I can save $1000 or more on this thing by switching to another clinic that I was referred to, I guess I can tolerate the procedure being done by a man. Not like the men in this profession are doing it for a kick or anything like that. But AGH stupid military insurance, covering the procedure but not the devices...and of course the clinics don't want to accept that because it loses them money off that. And therein lies the whole runaround.
Jessi

Post by Jessi »

We didn't win only because OU lost their best player :P We lost our FIVE best players at the end of last season, and here we are, ranked #1 in the Big 12. If OU seriously can't win a game because they lost ONE player, then they need to rethink their team's strategy.

Sorry, but I know a lot of people are going to be throwing that argument at us, and it's a crappy one. Even if you are a Tiger :P
lavender
Human Avatar: 168295

Post by lavender »

Well, hopefully the MU-KU game this Sunday will be better than our last meeting. The first one was bad on BOTH parts (admit it!). Close games are exciting to watch, but only if both teams are playing well. :P

I admit that y'all are probably gonna win Sunday, but hopefully we'll give you a run for your money ;)
{neopets: _lavender} ImageImage Image {subeta: lavenderkennedy}
Jessi

Post by Jessi »

That game -was- awful. i didn't watch it - I had to be at work at 2 AM the next day and was sleeping xD - but my boss told me all about it the next morning. I watched some clips of it and yeesh. Probably the worst either of our teams have played all year ._.

This Sunday's game will be awesome, I bet. I wish I could go! It sucks living 5 minutes away from Allen Fieldhouse and never being able to attend games xD And now we should probably quit hijacking this thread with our rivalry basketball talk ;D