RL Achievements and ToW

Non-neopets general discussion.
Jamie

Re: RL Achievements and ToW

Post by Jamie »

I Graduated University and am now a Registered Nurse! Also, I have a great Graduate Job lined up in a really competitive hospital, so I'm quite pleased and very excited to start next month!

Picture of me and my mother just after the ceremony:
Spoiler: open/close
Madge

Post by Madge »

Congrats Jamie! That's awesome. I had no idea you were studying nursing! That is also awesome.

Do - do you see a lot of poop?

Shit, everyone on here is growing up so fast. I remember when you were just some high school kid. <3
Fjorab_Teke
Human Avatar: 271433

Post by Fjorab_Teke »

Awesome, congratulations!!
Jazzy
Devil's Advocate

Post by Jazzy »

Congratulations, Jamie! I also graduated this month and will be working as a trainee pharmacist in a hospital. Hospitals are the best :D
EofS

Post by EofS »

I can't believe you're old enough to be graduating (as a nurse, nice job!) I've known you since you were... far too young to be even thinking about university. (Did you want to be a nurse even back then?)

Congratulations!
Jamie

Post by Jamie »

Thank you everyone! I can't believe it either, I think I was 14 or something when I first came on here, annoying the heck out of everyone. I'm 21 now, so that's a third of my life with NC now... a bit scary to think about it like that! And yes Madge, I do see a lot of poop - I can even identify certain gastro-bugs just by smelling it from outside a patient's room now! Congratulations on your graduation as well Jazzy, I have a lot of Pharmacist friends from work now and they all love it, it seems like a pretty cool job!

[edit:] EoFs: No, I had no idea I wanted to be a Nurse. I kind of picked it on a whim after a very dull semester of Law. I was flicking through the Uni-Course Book and looking desperately for something that had a mid-year intake. It came down to Nursing & Teaching and I picked Nursing on the advice of my roommates. I didn't think I'd really stick it out, so I got a job as an Assistant Nurse a few months later to see how I'd handle it and was surprised to find I absolutely loved it. So I've worked as an Assistant Nurse for the last two and a half years and got my Graduate job through some of the contacts I made in that job, it's worked out very well for me!
Last edited by Jamie on 27 Jul 2012 05:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bif

Post by Bif »

Congratulations Jamie!! Also, good to see another Brisvegas citizen.
Jamie

Post by Jamie »

Bif! Are you also from Brisbane? If so, what a small world! Great to see another Brisbane citizen, haha!
Bif

Post by Bif »

Jamie wrote:Bif! Are you also from Brisbane? If so, what a small world! Great to see another Brisbane citizen, haha!
I am!! And it is a very small world indeed. I knew that there was something "wrong" with your grad photo and then realised - it's because I actually new the uni logo! haha
Marah
Human Avatar: 506145

Post by Marah »

Congrats Jamie!
Kantark

Post by Kantark »

Congrats on the graduations Jamie and Jazzy, you're both making me feel old!

My Achievawoe... I was fortunate enough to watch the 2012 Olympics Women's Cycling Road Race at two places today (and got absolutely soaked on both occasions, it's as if the clouds were following them around :-P ) Very impressive stuff, and a good result for Team GB!
Neopets: sparkygoesforth, decommissioned, nightfall, LiveJournal:kantark, Last.FM:Kantark
Marah
Human Avatar: 506145

Post by Marah »

and a good result for Team GB!
But a slightly better one for team NL!
;)

(Sorry couldn't help myself there, I'm slightly jealous Kantark I have to watch the olympics at home.)
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

Post by Jessi »

Today somebody broke the lock off our conure hex at work and stole Tequila, our four month old Cinnamon Green Cheek Conure. I love that little bird SO much, and I'm completely heartbroken somebody would do that. We filed a police report and I'm trying to get word out about him being gone via Facebook/Tumblr in hopes somehow or another someone finds him, but I'm just not very optimistic.
Color Wheel

Post by Color Wheel »

Oh, I'm so sorry Jessi. I really hope you can recover him. :(
Fjorab_Teke
Human Avatar: 271433

Post by Fjorab_Teke »

People just baffle me sometimes. :( I hope he's OK and you can get him back.