RL Achievements and ToW

Non-neopets general discussion.
Kantark

Re: RL Achievements and ToW

Post by Kantark »

Sorry to hear that, Jessi. Is there any CCTV recording nearby you could ask about? (I'd never heard of conures before so had to look them up, they're very pretty.)
Neopets: sparkygoesforth, decommissioned, nightfall, LiveJournal:kantark, Last.FM:Kantark
Usul_Princess

Post by Usul_Princess »

Aww, I'm sorry to hear that Jessi. I don't know why anyone would stoop so low.
ImageImage

Thank you TCStarwind for the lovely signature! ^_^

FC bets: http://www.neopets.com/~DazedBoy
Kantark

Post by Kantark »

Another Olympics achievement (Marah, I apologise in advance, and congrats on the cycling!)... yesterday morning I got to see this! :-D Very very awesome indeed!
Neopets: sparkygoesforth, decommissioned, nightfall, LiveJournal:kantark, Last.FM:Kantark
Usul_Princess

Post by Usul_Princess »

Woe: My uncle died this past Sunday morning. :( The funeral was today. He was 53 and died of throat cancer. I haven't been feeling too well these past few days.
ImageImage

Color Wheel

Post by Color Wheel »

Oh, I'm sorry Usul. My condolences. :(
Kantark

Post by Kantark »

Sorry to hear of your loss, Usul. I can imagine what you must be going through, you've my sympathy at this horrible time ::hugs::
Usul_Princess

Post by Usul_Princess »

Thanks guys. I've been terribly stressed as of late. Temp jobs/bills are very stressful during the summer months for a teacher.

The funeral itself was actually very pleasant. I saw my second cousin whom I haven't seen in 15 years. (We have the same birthday :) ) He moved to Florida because the lack of cold weather doesn't bother his Sickle Cell Anemia symptoms much.

There was a quote during the service that a family friend gave that was very uplifting: "Every day is another opportunity to try again."

This really helped me get through the weekend. I also had several job submission deadlines to meet, which are finally finished now.

Edit: And now my cousin's grandmother died today. I'm going to be making arrangements for the funeral.
ImageImage

Usul_Princess

Post by Usul_Princess »

Double posting for some actual great news!

I GOT A (REAL) job! A job with benefits so good/affordable, that I can afford to move out and get a new apartment. Luckily I was a good little squirrel and saved up money to move months in advance. The apartment won't be ready until Saturday, but I'll post some pics of the redecorating I did early next week.

.....My savings tanked, but it probably would've helped if I hadn't bought any dolls during summer vacation.
ImageImage

Fjorab_Teke
Human Avatar: 271433

Post by Fjorab_Teke »

Huzzah, and congratulations! May it work out well for you!

As for me, achieveawoe: I had an absolutely WONDERFUL time visiting with a group of 16 very good friends who are all Alan Parsons Project nuts like myself. Unfortunately, one night, i clumsily stumbled off a step and landed wrong on a foot. I'm going to the doctor on Thursday to see if there's any major damage. I can walk on it, and it only hurts when i put certain pressures on it now. But there are all sorts of interesting bruise marks on it, and it's still a little worrisome (especially recalling i didn't think my broken arm was a big deal until much later, three years ago). Even if i end up with less-than-stellar news about my foot, i am still absolutely giddy over having spent a nice long weekend with awesome people.

AND - my second car, my beloved 1985 Toyota Supra, is FINALLY getting restored after almost 10 years of talking about it. It's been drivable almost the whole time, but now it'll look better, leak less, run more smoothly, and be more trustworthy on remote stretches of road as it once was. My friend who is buying the car i'm driving now, an '88 turbo Supra, plans to ride cross-country with me when i drive it back home to visit and pick up the '85. This is a much bigger deal to me than an old car should be, and the trip this fall/winter promises to be awesome.
Fury

Post by Fury »

It's interesting to see what's going on with everybody at the moment! I'm sorry to all of you who have received bad news.

Jessi, I wish you the best of luck in finding your birdie, I can't believe anybody would do that. What a skank.

I sort of disappeared from the forum without a trace a couple of months ago and I apologise! I've been going through a lot of changes recently and have been without internet for a while (GASP) but I'm back! To keep it short and sweet, I split up with my partner of 5 years (my decision) and have just this weekend moved into a smaller 1 bedroom flat by myself. I'm settling in nicely and making it my own. I think I'm going to be happy here! :)
Joey
Secret Ninja Mod
Human Avatar: 166931

Post by Joey »

K this needed some splitting. New thread: viewtopic.php?f=22&t=12274