RL Achievements and ToW

Non-neopets general discussion.
chocolatefairy13

Re: RL Achievements and ToW

Post by chocolatefairy13 »

LOL....the only sports that I really like are hockey and baseball.
But if I had to watch college football (American) or basketball, then I would have to go for UT. ;)
Hook 'em Horns! :D

My Dad loves this joke:
Why doesn't Texas fall into the Gulf of Mexico?
Because Oklahoma sucks! :P
lavender
Human Avatar: 168295

Post by lavender »

lol, I'm gonna tell my dad that joke!
{neopets: _lavender} ImageImage Image {subeta: lavenderkennedy}
Kari

Post by Kari »

In my ongoing saga of computer problems, my laptop's brand new screen decided to crap out on me. It shows a white stripey kind of display. Sometimes if I squoze or jiggled it in the right place, it'd work again, but it's being stubborn enough today (the day before two large projects are due!) that I had to hook it up to my PC's monitor. I'll be taking the darn thing to the Apple store on Friday -_-
derp
Aurinona

Post by Aurinona »

chocolatefairy13 wrote: My Dad loves this joke:
Why doesn't Texas fall into the Gulf of Mexico?
Because Oklahoma sucks! :P
My husband and I are both OU grads, so nothing burnt orange is allowed in the house. BOOMER SOONER!

However, I think the REST of the state of Oklahoma sucks, so that's okay.

And since I can laugh at my own expense, I'll let you have a joke about OU football that kinda hurts because it's so true:

"How are the Sooners different from Rice Krispies?
Rice Krispies do something when you put them in a bowl."
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

Post by Jessi »

Aurinona wrote: "How are the Sooners different from Rice Krispies?
Rice Krispies do something when you put them in a bowl."
XD Aurinona, that is SO great. And that joke can be changed for any team, really :D

*puts Mizzou in where it says Sooners and laughs*

*hides from Lavender's wrath* ;D
lavender
Human Avatar: 168295

Post by lavender »

Uh, yeah. We win. :P

And I think it's the Kansas' massive suckage that keeps both Oklahoma AND Texas in place. ^_^

I thought we were gonna stop hijacking this thread!
{neopets: _lavender} ImageImage Image {subeta: lavenderkennedy}
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Post by Seerow »

My backpack was stolen from my car this morning/really late last night. It had all my school work (homework included, not sure what I'm going to do about classes tomorrow) and roughly $200 worth of school books in there. Not to mention my fancy calculator and brand new Patricia Briggs book I haven't finished yet. I can live without all that though and wish it was the least of what was stolen.

What concerns me is that my wallet was in there. I don't carry my purse around school and keep my wallet in my backpack while there. I forgot to take it out of my backpack last night I guess like I usually do. It had my debit card, driver's license, bank account number, school id, roughly $60 in gift cards and $50 cash. And my social security card.

Got my old card canceled and pin and pw changed for my account and it doesn't look like whoever took my stuff had a chance to use it yet so that's a blessing. Seeing about what I can do about my social security card and the police are sending someone over I guess though not sure what they can do now. Maybe they will go all CSI and fingerprint my car and track down the thief!

I really really didn't need this this week.
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

Noooo! =( Aww, I'm sorry, Seerow.
Image Image
Jessi

Post by Jessi »

Seerow, I already told you on Subeta, but I'm so sorry! ;__; That's really, really awful. I'm glad you jumped right on getting everything canceled however, and hopefully everything with your social security card will work out! *hugs*
chocolatefairy13

Post by chocolatefairy13 »

I'm sorry to hear that! :(

Achievement: I got a job yesterday!
It's at a restaurant that I really like and the people seem very welcoming.
The bad thing is that I was woke up this morning feeling horrible from the stress/excitement of my first job interview.
But, I prayed about it and took a nap this afternoon and I feel a LOT better. :)
*goes back to reading employee manual*
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Post by Seerow »

Ever try finding a pencil pouch or backpack this time of year? It sucks heh.

There is talk of a remake of The Neverending Story. I think my childhood just sank even further into despair.
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.
Madge

Post by Madge »

Here is my story.

Yesterday me and Paul decided to buy a concert ticket for one of our friends who was in debt and thus couldn't attend the concert. We got it a bit cheaper from a scalper, yay!

So we went to his house to give him the ticket, he was grateful, gave us some drinks and we hung out and had dinner.

Then I got back to Paul's house, to my phone, and found 17 missed calls from my brother. OH RIGHT I HAD PROMISED TO PICK HIM UP AT 10pm AFTER WORK.

In what I am sure was a reprise of that classic Simpsons episode where homer forgot to pick Bart up from soccer practise, I forgot to pick my brother up. But instead of going to the shopping centre with a sundae which I would later spill on top of his head, I found out he'd walked home and it took him 45 minutes.

I am in so much trouble! If only I'd taken my bloody phone with me instead of leaving it at Paul's thinking I'd only be gone 10 minutes.
Buttersauce

Post by Buttersauce »

I just had the most awesome moment of me life:

Sister: I gotta take a [number 2]
*five minutes later*
Sister: What is that fluffy stuff outsi-OH MY GOD BUTTERSAUCE LOOK OUTSIDE.
Me (just woke up): This better be good. *squints eyes* Wait a min...OH SHI- IT'S SNOWING.

Not just any snow, but a good 2+ inches of it. This is the south, mind you. We proceed to suit up and run around the backyard like the [wo]man-children we are and had a snowball fight (there was enough snow for us to make grapefruit-sized snowballs). It didn't last long but good God that was awesome. :D

Now the storm's heading further south where my mother is, and she's squealing like a little school about it.
ImageImage
Friend Code:
3565-8412-4029
Jessi

Post by Jessi »

Another one of my silly basketball achievements! KU handed Mizzou's ASS to them, 90-65 XD This is especially awesome after our last game with them, when we were up by 20 at the start of the second half and lost by TWO in the last few seconds of the game. That was an awful game ;_;

After this, between beating Mizzou and Oklahoma, we should be in the top 10! And we're in the running to be a #1 seed again! And everyone said we couldn't do it after we lost most of our team last year! GLEE!

...sorry, Lavender xD
Madge

Post by Madge »

Anyway, my brother story has a happy ending. The next morning I bought him 6 cans of jack daniel's and coke, he looked at me and said "there are some things even JD can't fix" and I said "oh well paul can drink them" and started walking off. He chased me and said "no wait! I'll reconsider!"

Having a 17 year old brother who enjoys alcohol is going to be so useful for the next year, until he can buy his own.

Also just then I made the call of "I had root access to your mum last night", which is funnier if you realise that in Australia "root" is slang for "to fuck"