Vacationing in Florida! Sing Kokomo with me, guys!

Non-neopets general discussion.
Usul_Princess

Vacationing in Florida! Sing Kokomo with me, guys!

Post by Usul_Princess »

I haven't posted in a couple days because I was crazy busy with work and getting ready for vacation, but we took a vacation to Ft. Lauderdale & Miami. This is my second to last day here, and I'm posting from my shiny new laptop. (We decided against Key Largo because it's 3 hours from the nearest airport.) Everywhere looks like "not-Michigan" with every 5th car being a Viper & Rolls Royce. We're renting a home with a temperate pool and wonderful air conditioning.

Blah blah blah, here's some pictures! (I'm weeding out ones of me that look God-awful, and the 140 some pics of my sister posing for the camera.)
Spoiler: open/close

A sizable iguana comes out of nowhere on the back porch. The guy we're renting from says there's a 6 ft one that lives back here too.

A random shot of the bed. I really liked this room because this makes a stucco house look very modern.

My sister, mom, and me on the far right in Miami.

I was incredibly relaxed, but somewhat annoyed when this picture was taken because it was an ambush photo. (There were plenty more like that, but this is the best picture I'm willing to upload in a bathing suit.)

Picture 1/140 of my sister. She makes me feel better about myself. Really.

A coconut that washed up on the shore while I was looking for shells. Couldn't take it home with me because it smelled horrible.
ImageImage

Thank you TCStarwind for the lovely signature! ^_^

FC bets: http://www.neopets.com/~DazedBoy
Mistress Morbid

Re: Vacationing in Florida! Sing Kokomo with me, guys!

Post by Mistress Morbid »

Woww, I want an Iguana in my backyard! That's so awesome. :D I love reptiles. ^^
Image Image
Ailiel

Post by Ailiel »

Oh my gosh, you are right in my backyard! I live here! Here is where I live! Fort Lauderdale, I mean. Just west of I-95. I don't know why this excites me so much, but it does. I am glad you are having a great vacation! It's been a bit rainy but nothing you can't handle, I'm sure. I took the doors off my Jeep the other day and I've had the top down a lot this week.

The iguanas around here are kinda taking over. I remember you could set your watch at my sister's old house on the canal when all the iguanas living in the trees would take their morning BM. All that mango goes right through them. They are very very pretty though. And when they swim they look so cool, cutting through the water.

It's too bad you didn't get down to the Keys, it really is amazing there. I take a lot of vacations down there myself. But we also staycation here too. Fort Lauderdale Beach is awesome. I avoid Miami if at all possible, I like things a bit slower paced.

The house you rented looks gorgeous. Lucky duck.

Edit: Oops, almost forgot...

Aruba, Jamaica, ooh I wanna take ya to KEY LARGO, Montego, baaaaybee why don't we go down to Kokomo, we'll get there fast and then we'll take it sloooow, that's where we want to go-oh, way down in Kokomo.

*steel drum solo*
Usul_Princess

Post by Usul_Princess »

I'm back home now. And I just picked up Carlie from the boarding vet. She lost a couple of ounces due to distress. (She's very needy and has never been away from the entire family this long.) She didn't eat very well, and her anti-anxiety drops didn't help much as I was told. When we got back, we gave her a huge feast of California natural wet food, 8 dog biscuits, a greenie, and a bath. (the latter she didn't really see as a reward though.)
Ailiel wrote:Oh my gosh, you are right in my backyard! I live here! Here is where I live! Fort Lauderdale, I mean. Just west of I-95.

Agh! I would have met you Friday night. Saturday we weren't doing anything but watching my dad get pissed at Michigan State, so you could've spent the day there. I would have said something in advance. What are the odds? :?
ImageImage

Thank you TCStarwind for the lovely signature! ^_^

FC bets: http://www.neopets.com/~DazedBoy