Bloodred Terracoon and Magnus Revamps

For posting new and revamped pet colours on Subeta.
Silverevilchao
Human Avatar: 155477

Bloodred Terracoon and Magnus Revamps

Post by Silverevilchao »

ImageImage

Behold, the revamped Bloodred Terracoon and Bloodred Magnus.

The Magnus looks a little thinner than usual (compared to, say, Reborn), but I like the concept and malicious expression. Terracoon is a Terracoon, so it doesn't interest me that much, haha. xD;;
Pyrostatic

Re: Bloodred Terracoon and Magnus Revamps

Post by Pyrostatic »

The revamp of the Bloodred Terracoon is pretty nice. I think I'm gonna miss the old cartoony one though. Something about it was rather appealing. xD
But this one isn't too bad. Although, it's another really dark Bloodred, to where I can just make out some of the details, but not all of them. I also wish it had little itty bitty fangs showing. =(

The Magnus is really...tall and long. But I've never really liked the Magnus that much anyways, so yeah...
I kind of like the pointy-ness.
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

Post by Jessi »

I'm going to be honest... I really dislike the Magnus. I know it's frowned upon to say this, but it looks REALLY skinny. And awkward. REALLY awkward. And ... just... what a silly pose. I don't know, I just... blah.

The Terracon is a great revamp from the old one, I like how it looks very malicious now! The back ruff is very nicely done and I love the poofed tail!
Iggy

Post by Iggy »

The shading on the Magnus is gorgeous. It really looks like it's made of stone.

The Terracoon is a Terracoon and is boring. I also...don't really like the shading on that one. Compared to the Magnus, it looks...plain. And, I thought the same of the Kora.
Sarivonne

Post by Sarivonne »

I think the magnus just looks thinner because in most of it's poses it has it's arms over the body giving the feel that it's 'fatter' looking. This is one of the few times the arms don't cover the body so we see how it looks. The pose isn't too bad, it could have been more dynamic if there was a bit of foreshortening to have the illusion of it jumping at you, but it's not too bad. It looks very malicious and the shading makes it look like stone. It's pretty good.

I think the terracoon is a solid revamp as well, I love the way the tail is all fluffed up in agitation. I also love the little snarling mouth, and I like the way the blood is dripping. Good job to both artists :)
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Post by Seerow »

Old one for your viewing pleasure.

Not that impressed by the Magnus. At least DNA found a species that her shading works with, as it does at least look like somewhat like rock. I don't hate it, but it doesn't really stand out to me.

The Terracoon is a good revamp. I'm a bit sad that it lost the sort of cartoony rabid dog look, but that was to be expected anyway. The ruff and tail are really well done!
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.
Amphigorey
Human Avatar: 435031

Post by Amphigorey »

Terracoon is great. Looks just like it should.

Magnus has good shading, but the pose makes it look ridiculous. Something made of stone should not be that agile. The wings are lovely, though.
Aisu
Human Avatar: 314900

Post by Aisu »

The Terracoon is a great revamp! It looks just like the old one but with beautiful updated artwork~
firost-the-dragon

Post by firost-the-dragon »

still using my mini-laptop. XD

not really impressed by the magnus. considering making a free to use overlay thats NOT so thin and awkward. might actually be making overlays for a LOT of pets.

but i seriously would get that terracoon if i

1)had 1 more pet slot
and
2) didnt vow to get more than 1 of a certain pet colour. ie: only one bloodred pet per party. i just luff my keeto.

so i WOULD get the terracoon, but i cant.
see this picture and more at http://www.darkpidgeot10.deviantart.com . this is by ME!!!
Alicorn
Human Avatar: 160932

Post by Alicorn »

The terracoon is a nice solid update. Much better then the old one. I like the poofed tail and back. Nice job Rah!

I really like the shading of the magnus. It's just so pretty. I'm not a big fan of the pose. I know what it's going for. It's flying and trying to maul you. But I don't feel it works out well. When I first saw it, the first thought in my head was "It's a gremlin!" which eared it some points for me. XD **must see Gremlins again**
Sig/Av by: thelonetiel