Spectrum Paralix

For posting new and revamped pet colours on Subeta.
Purr

Spectrum Paralix

Post by Purr »

First new spectrum pet in a while! I rather like it, though the pose looks a little awkward, and very boring (for a paralix), I can't imagine a pet being able to jump in such a floaty, yet stiff way. Unless paralix's (?) can fly, but still looks off... Also, is it me, or does the neck look very thick? The artist did fill in all the white rather nicely, and I love the color combos, they fit great on a fierce, dragon-like pet. Overall, a nice edition. Anyways, I hope this pleases all the paralix lovers out there, I'm sure many people have looked forward to this color!

Edit: Ah, okay, parilix's can float. Makes more sense now!
Last edited by Purr on 06 Nov 2009 08:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Alicorn
Human Avatar: 160932

Re: Spectrum Paralix

Post by Alicorn »

Oh how I longed for one of these. Ever since I joined Subeta I wanted a spectrum paralix. It was so worth the wait. This is gorgeous! I squealed when I saw this. I was so excited that I posted in the news comments. XD I must say I love everything about it. The multicoloured hair, the paint splashes, the rainbow, everything! It fits my pet Daray to a T. Thank you Keshi! (It's Keshi that does the paralix right? If I'm wrong sorry! ^-^;)

Purr, paralix have the ability to float. They are based after Chinese dragons.
Sig/Av by: thelonetiel
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Post by Seerow »

Yup, Keshi does the Paralix.

Sadly, this does nothing for me. It's not bad and it's not great, it's rather mediocre. I do like the color combo but the white seems a bit too grey. The shading and such are all great, I love Keshi's shading style. However the anatomy of the pet seems rather off, and the perspective of it in some places, the hind legs, chest, and face especially.
Maybe I just have too high of an expectation for Paralix, after how much I loved the standard and Glacier ones :P

But it pleases (at least some) of the waiters, so that's always a good thing! Glad you found a color that suits your pet Alicorn :)

The tufts are really pretty.
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

Post by Jessi »

This does nothing for me either, Seerow, so you're not alone. I also find it somewhat mediocre. The pose is just.. a boring standard paralix pose, and I really feel like something more could have been done with it. I'm rather bored of seeing nearly every paralix from a profile view - I know NM isn't, but obviously that one is meant to be distorted, and I suppose Glacier and Hydrus aren't but really, I would have loved to see something more dynamic than it just.. kind of floating there. Being able to see more of its face or more movement... something like that.

The colors and shading are gorgeous, but I'm just... not that impressed. Oh well.
Amphigorey
Human Avatar: 435031

Post by Amphigorey »

I really like it! Are Spectrum pets going to be a regular thing for pre-Fireside November, or is this a fluke like the Chibi Chelon?

Either way, I think this is a great Spectrum pet. I agree it could have had a more exciting pose, but Reborn and Hydrus already have curved poses, and Glacier's is backwards, and DM and Galactic have it on its hind legs. I like it being in a straight line for once!
Pyrostatic

Post by Pyrostatic »

Aww, I like it! I too was waiting for a Spectrum Paralix. And this one by Keshi does not fail. I love the expression. The splatters are spaced out nicely and flow. And I don't know why, but this just lightens up my day even more.

Although, I feel like there's too much rainbow. Maybe if the tufts of fur on it's legs were a light grey, then it wouldn't be so overpowering. And the dark grey chest kind of clashes for me. But other than that, a really good Paralix. I've loved the species from afar.
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

I think it's a very lovely pose, and I like the spots that have rainbow coloring. The splashes of paint are especially nice, and the mane that goes down its body is gorgeous. I'm not so sure I love the shading, though, especially on the hind legs. Too round, stands out too much, kind of looks plastic-y in places.
Image Image
Alecko
Human Avatar: 267595

Post by Alecko »

The left back leg is what screws this over for me; it's at an odd angle and throws everything else off. Which sucks because I really like it otherwise. The multi-coloured mane is lovely and I think the contrast between it and the body works really well. I think if I'd been depserate for a Spectrum Paralix then I would be pleased with it, back legs aside.
Aisu
Human Avatar: 314900

Post by Aisu »

This is so so so amazing. There is nothing I don't like about it. <33 I wish I had a slot/character for this. ;w; I'm seriously considering turning Kal into one but he'd kill me. xD
Tiki
Human Avatar: 8869

Post by Tiki »

Aw. :( It's a Paralix, and it's Spectrum, so I feel like I should love it but I just can't feel it. My main issue is the pose, like others have mentioned- it's too close to the basic colors to really feel special. Even turning the head slightly so that we didn't have yet another side view of the face would have helped.

Image Image
firost-the-dragon

Post by firost-the-dragon »

Amphigorey wrote:I agree it could have had a more exciting pose, but Reborn and Hydrus already have curved poses, and Glacier's is backwards, and DM and Galactic have it on its hind legs. I like it being in a straight line for once!
instant agreement there.

anyway, i think that its hindquarters are a little off. the back right leg is much bigger than the left, and it seems odd altogether. the colours are nicely done. but the spectrum paralix does nothing for me unless i wanted a raver. *but then i'd colour it black anyway XD* i personally like fiercer looking paralixes like glacier, darkmatter (like my pet to be, Dragon Rage) and graveyard. i cant tell if this one is trying to act fierce, or if its just plain happy. the bouncy rainbow adds the last question- if a paralix FLOATS, then why does it look like the rainbow is JUMPING?

but yah, it looks good in a straight line, though easily compared to the common poses. :P
see this picture and more at http://www.darkpidgeot10.deviantart.com . this is by ME!!!
Goldenchaos

Post by Goldenchaos »

Oh, this came out pretty. :3 When I had drawn my version of the Spectrum Paralix, it was with a rainbowy belly and greyish hair.

I like the happy super grin on its face. Its cute.
Image Image
ImageImage
Kamil
Not the nice one
Human Avatar: 72834

Post by Kamil »

Ohh, pretty ickle paralix. <3

I lovelovelove its rainbow; I'm always fondest of spectrum pets who have a semi-transparent rainbow swirling about. I adore the paint splotches, and the hair! Oh, my God, the hair! *ruffles face in it*

I kinda maybe want one of these. I hadn't really thought about the color - I guess maybe I thought there already was one - but I really wouldn't mind owning one of these. <3

*goes off to stare at pets*
Image Image
MM and Twofold rock, yo.
TCStarwind
Human Avatar: 99635

Post by TCStarwind »

Oh, wow. I didn't realize how close it was to the original pose. I was thinking a vague similarity, but whatever. I still like it. It's nicely colorful, and cute, and I wouldn't mind owning one, but I don't currantly have any slots open. But I do like it. :D
Goldenchaos

Post by Goldenchaos »

Image Image
ImageImage