Reborn Chelon and Revamped Reborn Terracoon

For posting new and revamped pet colours on Subeta.
Purr

Reborn Chelon and Revamped Reborn Terracoon

Post by Purr »

ImageImage
The chelon's alright, the pose seems too close to the glacier chelon to me though, expression and everything. Even how the icicles hung off the flippers, the flames here have the same effect. But I do like the colors, and the flames look great! :) Here's the glacier chelon for comparison:
Spoiler: open/close
The terracoon is AMAZING. The tail is so cute, and the expression is perfect <3 The flames have a nice effect on it all, and I love how they're semi-transparent and layered. I don't have the old one for comparison though :( Anyone here have it saved?
Rah

Re: Reborn Chelon and Revamped Reborn Terracoon

Post by Rah »

ImageImage

Old terracoon :)
Officer 1BDI
Human Avatar: 150891

Post by Officer 1BDI »

The Chelon's eyes are throwing me off; I'm so used to Reborn pets with gold irises that its own eyes are kind of jarring to me. Both pets are well drawn, though. The Terracoon is an excellent revamp: updates the pet brilliantly without detracting from its original charm.
hebdenhippy
Human Avatar: 235278

Post by hebdenhippy »

The new Terracoon is great, the artwork is a vast improvement but it has still kept the feel of the original. Great job, Rah!

I've always liked Chelons and I think this one is great. I agree that the pose is similar to Glacier, but I imagine it's incredibly difficult to think of interesting poses for a turtle. The fire looks great, as does the shell, and I really like the blue eyes.
Goldenchaos

Post by Goldenchaos »

..yea, I see the very similar pose of the Chelon. Unfortunate, but...theres really not much you CAN do with it, especially if you want the gems on its back to show up.

I like the Terracoons colouring. :O
Image Image
ImageImage
Pyrostatic

Post by Pyrostatic »

Not fond of the Chelon. I think there's too little fire. I think if the gems had transparent flames, that would have been so awesome. But I like the contrasting blue eyes. Reminds me of the Reborn Celi's blue eyes. ^w^

The Terracoon is love. I think it may have lost a tiny fraction of emotion with the eyebrows and eyes, but like I said, it's not a great loss. It still keeps true. The anatomy is way better, especially the visible back leg. As always, fluffy tail, wonderful lighting/shading...What more could I ask for? Good job Rah. =)
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Post by Seerow »

The Chelon is one of the better ones in my opinion. I'm not a fan of turtles so Chelons hold no real interest for me, but this is good. I rather like the blue eyes.

I think I'm in love with the Terracoon, which is kinda surprising to me, but there you go. If I can get a tweaked version with a more feminine looking face, I think I may have found the species and color for Inara, who I planned on being Reborn but never had a good species for. I just really love it, especially the lovely lovely colors and fur on the back.
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.
Tiki
Human Avatar: 8869

Post by Tiki »

The chelon is actually kinda neat, even if it is so similar to the glacier version. If I had the space, I'd consider making a pair of them since they somehow remind me of the twin fire/ice dragons in Banjo-Tooie. (Nerd alert!!)

And..... a terracoon that I can actually see myself owning?

What is this I don't even-
Amphigorey
Human Avatar: 435031

Post by Amphigorey »

The Chelon is okay. I agree there isn't enough fire, but it's pretty and well drawn and the gems are lovely.

I adored the old terracoon, and I love this one. I'm very happy the base color was kept, but I wish it had kept the more orangey, swirly flames, and that they still went down the tail. And I know that pets have to look towards you, but I liked the more determined, sideways glances. I'm still pleased with how this revamp turned out, though.

All in all nice pets.