Revamped Reborn Kora and Chai

For posting new and revamped pet colours on Subeta.
Silverevilchao
Human Avatar: 155477

Revamped Reborn Kora and Chai

Post by Silverevilchao »

ImageImage

I find it funny that Rah was talking about how the Kora didn't have fire as a light source a few days ago in the Reborn Manchu topic. xD;;
Sarivonne

Re: Revamped Reborn Kora and Chai

Post by Sarivonne »

Image Image
ImageImage

The shading is an improvement on both, espcially the chai, but something about the chai's face bothers me. Its cheeks look too stretched. I like how it's antennae became little strips of fire :D
Pyrostatic

Post by Pyrostatic »

The shading on the Kora is even nicer now! I like the softness of the shades of reds and oranges, and it makes even better sense. Rah, your Koras never cease to amaze me. Very cute.

The Chai I could pass on. I'm not sure I like the face as much now. It seems to have been stretched, like Sarivonne pointed out. And the little claws on the Chai's front hands are almost not even there. It just looks like claw-less blobs of fur and muscle. But the shading looks much better at least.
Rah

Post by Rah »

Haha clawless blobs. Yeah they did come out a bit small now that you mention it, but the face I layered over the common chai to get the proportions right! Which I didn't do with the glade or hydrus chai so I suppose for the next one I'll go back to making the cheeks a bit smaller XD

And I totally said that and went OK I'M GOING TO FIX THIS about the kora xD Gosh it was so fat before too. Nice and kora sized now I think!
Pyrostatic

Post by Pyrostatic »

Lol, I think both versions of the Kora are very pretty in their own ways! I like the crisper flames on the new one though. ^^

I think the Chai's cheeks look the way they do cause the eyes were changed, so it affects the rest of the face. But it's not too bad. The more I look at it, it looks better. The face actually has more character and more emphasis on the expression.
Sarivonne

Post by Sarivonne »

Rah wrote:Haha clawless blobs. Yeah they did come out a bit small now that you mention it, but the face I layered over the common chai to get the proportions right! Which I didn't do with the glade or hydrus chai so I suppose for the next one I'll go back to making the cheeks a bit smaller XD
That's weird :O I wonder why the cheeks look different. I think Pyro's right and it may be the eyes. But no big deal since the revamp is really good :D