New pet: Bumbus

For posting new and revamped pet colours on Subeta.
Mongoose

Re: New pet: Bumbus

Post by Mongoose »

It's a bit cutesy for my taste but I do kind of like it, Nuclear is pretty. I don't have a urge to get one though. I like Hebdenhippy idea of a mantis type pet. That would make me a very happy Mongoose.
Kamil
Not the nice one
Human Avatar: 72834

Post by Kamil »

....I really dislike this. It's far too cartoonishly omgcute! and precious! and kiddish for me to stand to look at for over a minute or so. And like everyone else on God's green and verdant earth, I wonder why in the world we needed a pet almost exactly like an Illumis. An Illumis that was killed by the precious ray, but an Illumis nonetheless.

If there was going to be another bug - could it not have been a butterfly, or a mantis, or any of the 75947289 other bug species out there?

I do like arid though; the start contrasts of the colors really works for me on this pet. Except for the part where it makes me curl my toes after 15 seconds of continual viewing. x.x

The only thing I do like about it is that it's giving people who post criticisms of it everyone the finger. =D
Image Image
MM and Twofold rock, yo.
Wingsrising
Human Avatar: 157670

Post by Wingsrising »

Agreed. This is too much like a Chibi Illumis. With all the bugs in the world, surely they could have done something different?
lar

Post by lar »

Agreed with.. pretty much everyone else, if they were going with another insect, why not something more badass? Spider or scorpion or praying mantis. Something.
I didn't know how to react to this, frankly. Way too cutesy for me, I don't think I'd ever consider owning one. I can only imagine what the chibi of this pet will be like. D:

Also, the name Bumbus brings really bad yo-mama jokes to mind. "Yo' new pet so fat, minions use its bum fo' a bus!"
Oops, my karma ran over your dogma.
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

Post by Jessi »

Iggy wrote:
but if we were going to get another bug-inspired species I'd much rather have something from the arachnid family.
Except for the fact arachnids aren't a bug, I agree with this. :)
Well... Bees technically aren't bugs either, they're insects. Same thing with moths. Only insects in the Hemiptera family are true bugs. But really... who doesn't just use the term bug for pretty much everything?

Either way, I personally think this fat little thing is adorable, haha, if not a bit -too- human which makes it look odd. I am horrible with bug pets and would never be able to do anything with it, so I'll never own one, but I think it's adorable and like it quite a bit more than the Illumis, really. I especially like cream.
Aisu
Human Avatar: 314900

Post by Aisu »

I dunno about this... I don't like it very much. :/ It's too similar to the Illumis, imo. And it's kinda creepy, especially the eyes/face. The colors are nice, though.
Luxe

Post by Luxe »

The logic was something a bit like this: Blue Building > people get jobs there > jobs = work > worker bees. BEES.
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

Post by Jessi »

*laughs* That's much better than my logic, Andi - which was Blue Building = BB = Bumble Bee xD
Keshi~

Post by Keshi~ »

I feel as if a butterfly would be more similar to the Illumis than this?
idk the Illumis is sort of a moth right?

I've anticipated the arrival of this guy cause bees are SUPER ADORABLE and I never even compared the 2 bug pets x:
ZomgethMew

Post by ZomgethMew »

Rofl.. what? This is awful... it's not even trying |D. I don't like bugs, really, but the Illumis is okay.. the bug experiment is okay, too. But this? This is hilarious XD.
Neopets: wocky_luvpet5566 | Subeta: omg_carrie
Cranberry
Human Avatar: 183848

Post by Cranberry »

Wow, ZomgethMew, that's some constructive criticism right there. What are your problems with the pet? If it's not your personal taste, fine... I think it's cute but wouldn't own one, myself, as I prefer mammalian pets. It's well-drawn, though, so I don't see how you can say it's awful and Pie's not even trying. Care to elaborate?
Tiki
Human Avatar: 8869

Post by Tiki »

It's definitely not my taste, and like so many others I just cannot see why we couldn't stretch our collective imaginations a bit and get something more unique. Or at least without the neck fluff, that's just overkill as far as redundancy goes between the two pets.

Either way, it's making plenty of people happy and it obviously isn't hurting me by existing, so I shall go on in life ignoring it. :P (While wishing for something more like a mantis)
Sunwolf
Human Avatar: 36334

Post by Sunwolf »

Kamil wrote:....I really dislike this. It's far too cartoonishly omgcute! and precious! and kiddish for me to stand to look at for over a minute or so. And like everyone else on God's green and verdant earth, I wonder why in the world we needed a pet almost exactly like an Illumis. An Illumis that was killed by the precious ray, but an Illumis nonetheless.

If there was going to be another bug - could it not have been a butterfly, or a mantis, or any of the 75947289 other bug species out there?
I'm just going to quote Kamil, because she says what I would like to say except much, much politer than I can.

*holds up "mantis plez!" sign*
My computer is connected to the internet and the internet contains everything in the whole wide world ever. I don't know about you but I sometimes find everything in the whole wide world ever a bit distracting.
Officer 1BDI
Human Avatar: 150891

Post by Officer 1BDI »

Iggy wrote:
but if we were going to get another bug-inspired species I'd much rather have something from the arachnid family.
Except for the fact arachnids aren't a bug, I agree with this. :)
I actually thought of that before I posted, but I wasn't sure what word to use instead so I just ran with "bug" since spiders seem to be thrown under that term regardless.

Even though I was (also) actually thinking of scorpions.... :P
Silverevilchao
Human Avatar: 155477

Post by Silverevilchao »

Yeah, I echo the "badass bug pet" sentiment that lots of other users had. And then there's also the fact that the Illumis is seriously lacking redraws.

But yeah, I still kinda stand with my "well, at least it's another BUG instead of another mammal" thing.