Reborn Escalade and Mallarchy

For posting new and revamped pet colours on Subeta.
Purr

Reborn Escalade and Mallarchy

Post by Purr »

ImageImage
The escalade is AMAZING. The fur, the flame tails, the expression (blue eyes <3), the pose, its all amaaaazzziinngg!!! The way the artist (I forget who did escalades...) filled in the square is flawless. The head looks ever so slightly off but that's only because the neck-ruff flames are light. The claws though, now DO look a little pasted on for the leg that's lifted up, but that's minor :)

As for the mallarchy, bleh, its a mallarchy so not to much to say here. I like the pose idea, but the body looks kinda like a fat slug. The tail is nice, and the wings' transition from feathers to flames is great. I like the head marking thing. The beak looks a little swollen and poofy, but that may be mallarchy anatomy. Not sure.
Pyrostatic

Re: Reborn Escalade and Mallarchy

Post by Pyrostatic »

WOW. The Escalade...So regal!! I wish I had the pet name Entei cause that would fit perfectly! I might have to get one of these. Seriously. The pose, the flames, the amount of space used...it's all very perfect. I want, I want, I WANT. ;o;

Unfortunately, the Mallarchy has never been one of my favorites. While the anatomy is good, it kind of reminds me of a body of a serpent or even a fish. It's kind of weird, yet flowy. The shading makes sense at least, I can give it that.

You missed the Ghostly: Image

I like the texture and the pose a lot. Although, I'm not sure about the orange head. I think a lighter orange would have been better. I like the character behind it, with the juggling of fire balls. Very spiffeh. ^^
Last edited by Pyrostatic on 01 Dec 2009 10:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Post by Seerow »

Forgot the Ghostly :)

As already stated, the Escalade is gorgeous, especially the tail and blue eyes. I'm not really seeing the pasted on claw look you mentioned, mainly because that's just how Escalade claws have always looked and is just a trait of the species. I want to cuddle in it's fur. Hagane does the Escalade.

The Mallarchy I really love. I think the pose works great and the shading on the feathers make them actually look like feathers. The wings and tail are gorgeous, as are the eyes. Rah did a superb job on this I'd say.

The Ghostly seems really light compared to the others since it doesn't have the darker reds. I think I'd like it more if it had, it seems a bit washed out.
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

Post by Jessi »

The Escalade is simply stunning. For the first time ever, I like an Escalade color more than Galactic... and that is really saying something. The pose, the shading, the fire... god, what an absolutely -gorgeous- pet. I am making Cale one of these for sure, it's just simply beautiful.

I love the pose on the Mallarchy and the rich color used here! The shading is really pretty and reflects off the fire so well.

And I love the color on the Ghostly too - I'm on a burnt orange kick so that color is great xD I agree though, the orange head seems a bit strange!
TCStarwind
Human Avatar: 99635

Post by TCStarwind »

I love the mallarchy. I mean. Really. Love. The mallarchy. I think it's my favorite of the three, which is weird because, ya know, it's a mallarchy. The only thing that bothers me about it is the beak. The shading makes it looks like it bends in an odd way, but other than that, I think it's marvelous. 8D I also think it's great that the color of the beak and feet actually work with the colorscheme for once.

The escalade is really amazing as well. I agree with Pyro in that escalades have always reminded me of pokemon, and this one is somewhat reminiscent of entei. And this one is beautiful. The fur and tails are gorgeous. It looks so soft and warm. And the shading on the helmet is really nice as well. Another success.

The ghostly is nice. I like the pose and the juggling. But it's very very orange and somehow not as striking as it possibly could be. The yellows in it aren't very stong, either. But the shading is really nice.
C. Dagger

Post by C. Dagger »

THAT ESCALADE HOLY WHAT it's so beautiful! The tail alone is just breathtaking, it's so detailed and rich and just amazing, but the face and the regal pose and the gorgeous shading and lighting and... I think this will be my first Escalade. I -need- one. *u*

The Mallarchy also looks REALLY neat, which is (as others have mentioned) strange because it's a duck. But seriously, it's really lovely, especially with the combination of the design and pose.

As for the Ghostly... I'm not a fan of Ghostlies, I never have been, but I think my issue with this one has more to do with it being a bit too orangey/yellowy and not reddish enough. The pose is alright, though.
Alicorn
Human Avatar: 160932

Post by Alicorn »

What's this? A mallarchy I like?? :O Great job on this one Rah! The pose works so well with it and the shadeing is gorgeous. And I really like the flames on this.

The ghostly is alright. The juggleing fireballs is a nice touch. And the changing the skull on it's forehead to the fireside sign is a nice touch.

The escalade is just beautiful! The best out of the batch of reborn pets this year. The pose, the look on it's face, the pretty fur...wow. My favorite part is the tails. They are just so beautiful. I would so pet them if they wouldn't burn my hands off. Now I just have to decide if it fits my pet Solyn or should I make him a reborn endeavor. This is going to be a hard one. **chews on thumb**
Sig/Av by: thelonetiel
Goldenchaos

Post by Goldenchaos »

AHHH! AHHH!!

*_* ESCALADE!!!

*Yes, has been waiting for one for forever*

Now to decide which one of my pets to turn into this pretty thing..probably my Reborn Ruffie

:D :D
Image Image
ImageImage
lavender
Human Avatar: 168295

Post by lavender »

The Ghostly would be so much better if I could see it's fangs. I want faaaaaangs.
{neopets: _lavender} ImageImage Image {subeta: lavenderkennedy}
Foghawk
Human Avatar: 254768

Post by Foghawk »

The Escalade jarred me for a moment when I first saw it - the lines seem really thin, and their noses have just been getting bigger and bigger (look at Common to Galactic to Glacier to Darkmatter to this - it's getting a bit ridiculous). On the other hand, I'm liking it better the more I look at it, and the pose is quite excellent.

The Mallarchy is beautiful - I love the colors and the shading on the body. I can agree with the fishlike look Pyrostatic was talking about, but I rather like it.

I would like the Ghostly more if it didn't have those bubbly cheeks and upturned nose - I preferred the sharper look of the old version and older revamps; it was less cutesy and went along better with the pet's personality. I've never cared for the change to realistic teeth either - I loved the big crazy anime popping-right-out-of-the-jaw grin, and little smiles like this just aren't quite the same.
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

Post by Jessi »

This Escalade's nose isn't any bigger than Common or Galactic's? O_o I'm really confused by that. Each escalade has been viewed at a totally different angle, and its nose has been changed to match that angle. It looks 'smaller' here than Darkmatter's because Darkmatter's is direct on, and grinning hugely, thus meaning its face would be a bit stretched. *scratches head*